Thread: Vanilla Players

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Vanilla Players

So this is a serious post that is not QQ, I'm just curious as to why some vanilla players believe they are so much better then everyone. Tired of seeing people go "Man you wouldn't have lasted in Vanilla" or "Wotlk sucks, go back to vanilla". Reminds me of old people who can't figure out how to work a phone so they just say it sucks...
    Last edited by Mindfreakz; 2010-12-04 at 02:20 AM. Reason: didn't intend for this to be directed at all vanilla players ;P
    My sig was stolen, if you find it please contact me. Thanks.

Deleted
    Vanilla was like running around in blindfold and praying that u wouldn't hit a tree. The population of vanilla players who knew what to do on PvE or PvP platform was like 1-5%, so in conclusion if you'll see another person who states the things u mentioned you've got bout 95-99% chances that he's just a jerk trying to find another excuse for his e-peen enlargement.

There's a very simple and obvious logic behind the fact that WoW has gone to the point where it's now. And no - that's not because Blizz just wants to make everything worse.

Not all of us are like that :P Also, they game is now very different than it was back then and as with all things that change there are always people who think the old way is inherently better and like to say things like that.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreakz View Post
    So this is a serious post that is not QQ, I'm just curious as to why vanilla players believe they are so much better then everyone. Tired of seeing people go "Man you wouldn't have lasted in Vanilla" or "Wotlk sucks, go back to vanilla". Reminds me of old people who can't figure out how to work a phone so they just say it sucks...
    Without soundin full of myself, I would say that the classic players just have more experience overall in the game - I'm not sayin wotlk babies suck !
    Idk I guess it's just somethin people fixated their attitude on.. don't understand it myself as to why a vanilla player would think their superior than a "new"be
    Sure there are vanilla players who have more "skill" than a wotlk/tbc newbe - but also vice versa
    It's just the attitude stuck in their mind I suppose

Have a Nice Day ™...

Deleted
    the game improved alot since vannila! and i think that things got more complicated than vanilla 2
    thing is, wotlk was free epics all around, and easy bosses (not because of mechanism, but because of hp)
    vanilla bosses tacs were simple, most of the times, so y, they dont have much reason to bich about being elite player because they played in vannila...

Vanilla forced you to learn the game, but it also forced you into a specific party role. Players only got role-versatility in BC.

Also, in Vanilla, your Tiered sets dictated what specialization you could be: There was no option to pick gear that suited your play-style, you had to earn it through grueling 40-man content. Even then, there was hardly enough loot for everybody. DKP was always applied to prioritize players within the guild so those who had been there the longest had more privilege to acquire gear they wanted/needed.

EDIT: Let's not also forget that it took Blizzard a VERY long time to even implement the honor system, which the rulebook said existed from Vanilla launch.

Deleted
    I'm a vanilla player and I very much liked wotlk apart from some "minor" elements and i like the way they are going with cataclysm.

I think the reason people are acting like that because they get nostalgic and think "i've played the game longer therefore i'm better" which we all know doesn't play a significant role in determining who's a good player and who's not.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you hit the train tracks you've gone to far.
    Yea lets all take a time machine back in time and see how long you enjoy it again. You won't last 10min. All those really annoying things that irritated you to know end till a patch came out where it was changed and you were like "YES, FINALLY" or "THANK GOD." I played vanilla and I wasn't all it was cracked up to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    People who say things like that never played vanilla.
    The game is way better now than it was in vanilla, only thing I miss is the brotherly love we had on the server.

In any group there is a vocal minority.

"Man you wouldn't have lasted in Vanilla" or "Wotlk sucks, go back to vanilla"
    is from that vocal minority, doesn't make it vanilla players in general.

People seem to think that being able to stand a bunch of boring grinds and tedious gameplay is difficult.

I mean, it's difficult, but not from a skill standpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by jermogm138 View Post
    Dishonor kills anyone?
    Vanilla had DK's too

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakto View Post

QFT. Old people are loud too.

Quote Originally Posted by BagOfChips View Post
    People seem to think that being able to stand a bunch of boring grinds and tedious gameplay is difficult.

I mean, it's difficult, but not from a skill standpoint.
    This kind of statement irks me, it actually shows limited vanilla raiding experience.

Its a nostalgia thing. Anyone that actually raided back then should know that, usually, at least 10 of their raiding guild members sucked at any given time, and that is in a hardcore guild. It was really easy to weasel your way into even the most top tier guilds for a trial period and it was hard to maintain a full 40 man roster. There was diamonds in the rough but as a generalization this would be right.

Also, didn't Blizzard say, around the release of TBC, (regarding raid sizes) that they only actually tuned their 40 mans for around 25-30 people?
    Last edited by Yooya; 2010-12-04 at 02:20 AM.

Deleted
    making the same quote that another dude made on a similar topic about putin
    Anyone who doesn't regret the passing of the Soviet Union has no heart. Anyone who wants it restored has no brains.
    in soviet russia wow plays you

Deleted
    There is some things you have to take apart from each other like; CC, Awareness, Equipment, Mechanics and lots more. The Vanilla at-least from my understanding people are referring to is the game when bosses actually were hard to kill, you had to work for gear and you DID have to do YOUR job to get somewhere. Although now-days there are so much more mechanics of the game which didn't exist in the beginning so its not really reliable to just say wotlk-players suck or vanilla were a time of people who didn't know theory-crafting or something like that, It won't take you anywhere and mostly it shows how little effort you took in reading up on what you are talking about before making a stupid comment.

The game progresses in all aspects and finally blizzard is going back to an expansion where you just can't spam your way through everything to a way of playing were thinking is required at-least to some extent. While sticking with the new ways of thinking on fights (mechanics) from the later parts of the game - Hardmodes for ex.

If you are just saying plainly that either group of people suck or anything like that I would suggest you go back to being quiet as you once were so the people who actually have something relevant to say get the appropriate space that they need as well as deserve!
    Last edited by mmoc44a2471bb9; 2010-12-04 at 02:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreakz View Post
    So this is a serious post that is not QQ, I'm just curious as to why vanilla players believe they are so much better then everyone. Tired of seeing people go "Man you wouldn't have lasted in Vanilla" or "Wotlk sucks, go back to vanilla". Reminds me of old people who can't figure out how to work a phone so they just say it sucks...
    In short Vanilla Damn HARD in comparation with any other expansion, even having epics full really meant ALOT, not to mention having a full tier you were like a Demi-god because of the hard encounters, low population that were good in pve and the damn low % drop rates.(i waited 6 months for might shoulders to drop ...)

But no matter the people's exp or w/e remember that you play for your self not for others, so just ignore and enjoy the game, if you aren't having funn you should just quit the game since i don't see the point of doing something that you do not like and you also pay for it every month XD.
    Last edited by unreall; 2010-12-04 at 02:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakto View Post

Ya I should probably fix that :P I didn't mean all I just meant the ones who do act that way.
    My sig was stolen, if you find it please contact me. Thanks.