Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New Ninja Hearth possible (it doesn't even use your hearth up!)

Seeing as i'm feeling nice i thought i'd let the MMO-Champ base know of a little something i found. Ok, it's not as brilliant as the old ninja hearth we came to know and love, but it's still awesome. Firstly, Wintergrasp has to be in progress. If you're not in northrend, queue for it and leave, then fly back to it from Dalaran. Then while there (i haven't tested anywhere else, so until someone can confirm, go here) fly to the fortress and fly through the zone til you reach the countdown + parachute deploys. Now at this point, i landed on one of the raised towers that make up the walls of WG, where it then insta teleported me. I got the Azeroth zone loading screen and wound up in Orgrimmar, with a hearth still usable! Have a go at reproducing it, unfortunatly it is only a once every few hours bug hearth, but a free hearth is a free hearth; especially useful now that portals and gimmics are gone. Enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    That doesn't qualify as a ninja hearth...
    The goddess in my avatar is Hayley Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    That doesn't qualify as a ninja hearth...
    Yeah, because leaving a group while in an instance to bug your hearth back to it's set zone is completely different. You're tricking the game into sending you back to your hearth loc - Hence, ninja hearth.

That sounds like a really annoying way to hearth. you could of probably caught the zep in that time

or instead of doing this you could pay a mage 5 gold or use your hearth...

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow... It'd seem to me that this whole shabang with getting to WG and all that may actually take you more time than getting wherever u want to would do in the first place 0o...

Also what Absteig said, this is wayyyy too much hassle to even qualify as a "ninja hearthstone" :P

This isn't something you'd use when in proximity to zeppelins. If you find yourself without a hearth, WG in progress, and miles from anywhere, having just completed your dailies (as i often do now, since i do dailies on all 3 continents now, as well as Sethekk + UP hc) It's a very convinient way of getting back to Azeroth(or where ever your hearth is set), without having to fly to borean, or wait 30 minutes while i'm sat in Outlands. After all, it takes a single loading screen to get to WG. It's not something you'd wait an hour for to have wg pop and hearth, that's just silly. By all means plan your dailies etc around it, so you can hand in, bug hearth, next set of dailies/thing to do that day, then hearth back.

Yea I picked up on this yesterday. I was in dal waiting for my que to pop for WG and while impatiently waiting i figured "hey, I used to be able to get into WG before when the que was full, lets try this again." So i flew on over, got dismounted and ended up in UC.. Moral of the story; this isn't worth the effort unless your already in dal >.<

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skrototem View Post
    Seeing as i'm feeling nice i thought i'd let the MMO-Champ base know of a little something i found.
    1) Hardly counts as a ninja hearth

2) I have no idea what the Mmo-champ base would do without your kindness and generosity. Oh wait, We'd be just as well off as we started.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

This is completely useless and the topic should be locked

I don't know a word for this, but I see my opinions as fact, and I state it that way, please ignore this in my post, as it is a habit that I currently have no way of getting out of

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting, though I don't think this falls under what has been already established as Ninja Hearthing. It's more of a glitch hearth that takes a little less time than using the zep's or boats. Also if you're in Outlands you fly to hellfire and use the Dark Portal, no need to wait 30 minutes.

The phrase ninja hearth comes from running an instance, ninjaing an item, and then hearthing after receiving said item. It was not some stealthy or gimmicky way of being teleported.

ITT: haters gonna HATE

Everyones raging because this isn't as super convenient as running inside RFC and waiting 1 minute.

It still qualifies, even if the planets have to align for it to be useful. A caveat which you covered in your post. People are just dickheads.

And in my experience this was called ghetto hearthing

I believe the term you're looking for is 'ghetto hearth'

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

Interesting. But seeing how most people will be spending their time in old world now, it's kinda redundant. Also. I thought this was about Ninja Turtles..

considering you can only use it every couple of hours like you said, doesnt seem to be very effective

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    1) Hardly counts as a ninja hearth

2) I have no idea what the Mmo-champ base would do without your kindness and generosity. Oh wait, We'd be just as well off as we started.
    Your sig: -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.

Glad to see you act just like your sig implies you do.

Lol, even if we'd be in the same place without his input, we'd be better off without yours. So sick of people ripping others apart for no reason, grow up. If you don't like this thread, then at least have the decency to be polite.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Quote Originally Posted by Finalwish View Post
    That sounds like a really annoying way to hearth. you could of probably caught the zep in that time
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by palamanian View Post
    Interesting, though I don't think this falls under what has been already established as Ninja Hearthing. It's more of a glitch hearth that takes a little less time than using the zep's or boats. Also if you're in Outlands you fly to hellfire and use the Dark Portal, no need to wait 30 minutes.
    Flight to dark portal: 1 minute - about 6 minutes
    +
    Walking to your flight hub (alliance) about 2 minutes
    -or-
    Walking to your flight hub (horde) about 3 1/2 minutes
    +
    flying somewhere you wanted to go in the first place about 5-10 minutes depending.

Lot longer than queing for WG, getting in immediately. (10 seconds)
    +
    Flying from Dal back to WG (1 minute)
    +
    parachuting and getting ported out (roughly 30 seconds at the absolute max)

lot shorter the WG way... although yes, unreliable and situational
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

I think the rule for ninja-hearth is that explaining how to do it has to take less time than waiting for a zeppelin.