Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    this will be epic.
    Stormbringer Guild of Khadgar -- Join Now!
    www.stormbringer.guildzilla.com

If we follow Richard A. Knaaks books Broxigar was sent back in time. There were no orcs around 10 000 years ago. Also i believe warlocks weren't around, atleast not on the resistance side. Considering this is the our first encounter with demons from the burning legion. Makes no sense that they summoned demons before they knew about them. In the book, the resistance is mainly warriors, mages, priests and archers (could go as hunters). I guess rogues would be okey to. Not any mentioning of paladins, the priests where followers of Elune and not "the light", and drew their strength from the moon. Malfurion was just becoming a druid around this time. And the earthen and furbolgs used shamanism. So i guess both death knight, warlock, paladins and druids will be a strange sight for them.

I'm interested to know if it will follow the War of the ancient novel timeline or the game timeline, by WotA Novel timeline I mean the whole mage time-traveling thing

Quote Originally Posted by Davrun View Post
    Sargeras was a good guy long ago, but he got depressed and slowly turned evil. The story of Sargeras is a little bit alike the story of Satan. Once good, now stands for everything that is evil, leads the burning legion aka demons.
    Hurm, now that I think about it I don't really know the motivation of Sargeras. Lucifer fell because of pride. And I still wouldn't call him evil, or a bad guy. Sargeras was influenced by demons, corrupted slowly. While Lucifer wants to rule in Yewahs place, what does Sargeras want? His brothers position? Chaos?
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

If i might ask who is the "biggest" creature? Is there any creature above Sargeras? Heard rumours and all that Sargeras might be world of warcrafts last boss ever. But is there none bigger? Some good things that are above him?
    Reading a little about him on wowpedia i understand Sargeras was a good guy long ago, but he got depressed and slowly turned evil. The story of Sargeras is a little bit alike the story of Satan. Once good, now stands for everything that is evil, leads the burning legion aka demons.
    Well, Sargeas was one of the titans who created Azeroth and all the other planets. Now, Sargeras was kind off the "soldierguy" in the Pantheon. He was the warrior. Though the other titans might be more powerful, Sargeras might be the most powerful in combat. It's hard to say really. Maybe the leader of the Pantheon Aman'Thul is stronger. Maybe the light itself is stronger than Sargeras. Nobody really knows whats out there..

---------- Post added 2010-12-04 at 05:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    Hurm, now that I think about it I don't really know the motivation of Sargeras. Lucifer fell because of pride. And I still wouldn't call him evil, or a bad guy. Sargeras was influenced by demons, corrupted slowly. While Lucifer wants to rule in Yewahs place, what does Sargeras want? His brothers position? Chaos?
    I believe Sargeras wants to see his fellow titans work destroyed, that meaning the destruction of everything basically.

that sounds awesome, i love CoT, i can't wait for this

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybadger View Post
    Well, Sargeas was one of the titans who created Azeroth and all the other planets. Now, Sargeras was kind off the "soldierguy" in the Pantheon. He was the warrior. Though the other titans might be more powerful, Sargeras might be the most powerful in combat. It's hard to say really. Maybe the leader of the Pantheon Aman'Thul is stronger. Maybe the light itself is stronger than Sargeras. Nobody really knows whats out there..

---------- Post added 2010-12-04 at 05:49 AM ----------

I believe Sargeras wants to see his fellow titans work destroyed, that meaning the destruction of everything basically.
    Its gonna be fun to see how blizzard's gonna make us defeat Sargeras, its gonna take one hell of a force to do that.. I see all the races on azeroth cooperating togheter as one, all the dragons, all the dead, the titans everyone participating in that fight, its gonna be epic thats for sure.

Just like Lucifer wants to see Gods creation/work destroyed.

The trilogy was amazing imo. It's going to be interesting to see who the bosses will be and who we will be as players in this epic piece of WoW history.

"Moon is sheep. Let it be written." -Bashiok

Deleted
    Well i guess that Broxigar will have a massive roll on the raid dungeon because he was simply amazing ^^
    Hopefully we'll get to see him in action and actually damage Sargeras and all that lovely stuff =D

Iits gonna take one hell of a force to do that.. I see all the races on azeroth cooperating togheter as one, all the dragons, all the dead, the titans everyone participating in that fight, its gonna be epic thats for sure.
    From the moment that Bolvar put on the helm I have been under the assumption that he will aid us with a fiery army of the undead at a great moment of need. An assault of the legion would certainly be appropriate.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

Sounds amazing;D Its gonna be special to see Illidan on the "good" side.
    simply seeing him *hopefully* finally with a good-looking model (wich doesnt mean generic nelf model) that isnt awfully awful like the one he got in BC

Quote Originally Posted by Neostigma View Post
    Well i guess that Broxigar will have a massive roll on the raid dungeon because he was simply amazing ^^
    Hopefully we'll get to see him in action and actually damage Sargeras and all that lovely stuff =D
    Broxigar must be my all time favorite orc. Only one from Azeroth to physically hurt Sargeras without magic.

I'm really looking forward to see how blizzard handles this though. If you look at the Battle of Mt. Hyjal it's a full raid instance, but a much shorter story than the War of the Ancients. This is a whole war, like putting the whole of warcraft III in one instance. There are so many stories going on, Rhonin and Krasus' story, Malfurions, Broxigar, all that happens inside the ranks of the highborne while Tyrande was captured, the battle itself on the middle of the battfield, deathwing got a whole story going on with his corruption and agenda. Being able to do all this in one raid will be hard. There is enough content to fit an expansion.

What might be a point in all of this is that going back and learning about the start of deathwings corruption, will ultimately help us end it. Without messing up the space-time continuum.

---------- Post added 2010-12-04 at 06:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    From the moment that Bolvar put on the helm I have been under the assumption that he will aid us with a fiery army of the undead at a great moment of need. An assault of the legion would certainly be appropriate.
    Remember, the legion gave the lich king the power to make the Scourge. They might be able to fend that off easily.

Deleted
    Broxigar must be my all time favorite orc. Only one from Azeroth to physically hurt Sargeras without magic.

I'm really looking forward to see how blizzard handles this though. If you look at the Battle of Mt. Hyjal it's a full raid instance, but a much shorter story than the War of the Ancients. This is a whole war, like putting the whole of warcraft III in one instance. There are so many stories going on, Rhonin and Krasus' story, Malfurions, Broxigar, all that happens inside the ranks of the highborne while Tyrande was captured, the battle itself on the middle of the battfield, deathwing got a whole story going on with his corruption and agenda. Being able to do all this in one raid will be hard. There is enough content to fit an expansion.

What might be a point in all of this is that going back and learning about the start of deathwings corruption, will ultimately help us end it. Without messing up the space-time continuum.
    I suppose it would be split up into different wings or such like mount hyjal.
    Like having a few bosses with Brox, a few with mal, having a skeg at what deathwings doing etc.
    Won't be a massive free for all, i think it will be done well =)

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    simply seeing him *hopefully* finally with a good-looking model (wich doesnt mean generic nelf model) that isnt awfully awful like the one he got in BC
    What model? Your not thinking of Archimonde in The Battle of Mt. Hyjal?

---------- Post added 2010-12-04 at 06:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Neostigma View Post
    I suppose it would be split up into different wings or such like mount hyjal.
    Like having a few bosses with Brox, a few with mal, having a skeg at what deathwings doing etc.
    Won't be a massive free for all, i think it will be done well =)
    I hope so, but its just so massive. Blizzard said they wanted smaller raid instances, but more of them.

---------- Post added 2010-12-04 at 06:15 AM ----------

Remember, the legion gave the lich king the power to make the Scourge. They might be able to fend that off easily.
    I agree, Broxigar was awesome and i hope/know that he will be one of the major characters in there. He is infact the only mortal to ever have wounded Sargeras. If my memory serves me correct, he got an axe crafted of Malfurion himself. But the courage Broxigar showed that day, sick.
    So even though it was just a scratch it shows that Sargeras can be touched.. Thats good to know.

Your right all this cant fit in one raid instance, it would take weeks to complete. Either they are fast forwarding the war when ur in there, just going through the most important moments, or following only deathwing's story as u said, its his expansion after all OR something goes wrong when u travel back in time and u end up in the end of the war and saves the day.

Indeed, maybe one of the reasons we go back is to learn what happen to deathwing. I read somewhere though that Deathwing is controlled by an old god, and is just a pawn, so my guess is deathwing is not the end boss in cataclysm.

10+ Year Old Account
    10 000 years.. its sick.. did any race exept nelves live that long ago?
    night elves, tauren, furbolgs, trolls, pandaren, quillboars.

there might have been more, but i cant remember.

(i'm guessing the wolvar and taunka in northrend might have existed then)

10+ Year Old Account
    Also if im not mistaken, werent the night elfs immortal at this time? Making them one of the strongest creatures living at that given time?
    Sorry if someone already pointed this out, I haven't had coffee yet.

"Immortal" as in, can not die of age or natural sicknesses. If you were to swing an axe towards their neck at high speed, they had to dodge if they wanted to continue living =)

OT: HELL YES! I have wanted this ever since the major disappointment Illidan, The Betrayer was as a raid boss. In my opinion, Blizzard did not give us NEARLY enough of his background in the Outland quests, and it just became "Go kill this guy because we say so and he is bad and has shinies and stuff. NAO!" And I'ma lso a major lore-fan, so the CoT-dungeons are usually the single thing I look forward to the most^^
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

I agree, Broxigar was awesome and i hope/know that he will be one of the major characters in there. He is infact the only mortal to ever have wounded Sargeras. If my memory serves me correct, he got an axe crafted of Malfurion himself. But the courage Broxigar showed that day, sick.
    So even though it was just a scratch it shows that Sargeras can be touched.. Thats good to know.

Your right all this cant fit in one raid instance, it would take weeks to complete. Either they are fast forwarding the war when ur in there, just going through the most important moments, or following only deathwing's story as u said, its his expansion after all OR something goes wrong when u travel back in time and u end up in the end of the war and saves the day.

Indeed, maybe one of the reasons we go back is to learn what happen to deathwing. I read somewhere though that Deathwing is controlled by an old god, and is just a pawn, so my guess is deathwing is not the end boss in cataclysm.
    Yes, you're right. Only mortal is correct i think. Though it was Cenarius that helped them craft the axe. The scratch had a huge importance, thats what stopped the attack. They channeled all their magic attacks into that scratch and that made Sargeras stutter for a moment, enableing them to close the portal.

I don't believe Deathwing is controlled by an old god, he is severely corrupted. I believe he has his own agenda.

Maybe we'll only visit parts of the War of the Ancients story at the time. Kind of like the Chamber of Aspects in Northrend. Maybe the deathwing part of the story is the only one relevant for now. Maybe the infinite dragonflight only tries to stop Deathwing. Like they try to stop Arthas in this expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Malorne better be there!

---------- Post added 2010-12-04 at 05:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    night elves, tauren, furbolgs, trolls, pandaren, quillboars.

there might have been more, but i cant remember.

(i'm guessing the wolvar and taunka in northrend might have existed then)
    Taunka and Wolvar could not exist as at that time Northrend had not been formed.

Since the Highbornes are summoning Sargeras, wouldn't that be strange if we assisted them? Going against history and all?
    Not at all. Not all the Highborne helped the Legion. In fact there was a big falling out in the Nelf society afterwards, where the Mages (Highborne) accepte that they needed to be more restrained, but the rest basically said "no more". The Highborne stupidly unleashed an arcane storm and the Nelfs cast them out. In time they became High Elves.
    So fighting against the Legion as Highborne wouldn't be a problem.

And players using odd, unseen magic? Well, a lot of surprising events took place. Strange creatures happened by. It wouldn't be a stretch to say that the Nelfs would be surprised regardless of how the players appeared. Might as well show up using the stuff they know, it would hardly be any less odd than all the other stuff going on. And as long as the players fight the Legion, all is good, for now at least (as the story about the Highborne will tell).
    Death Knights, Warlocks and Paladins, just some exotic magic from far away lands.