Thread: WoW Achievments

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

WoW Achievments

Does anyone else have the issue of wanting to reroll but finding it very hard to because of achievments ingame?
    I mean i'v been playing since near the end of vanilla and half way through tbc i rerolled a paladin from a warrior.
    It wasn't such a big deal then, but not because of all the achievments, FoS etc it almost seems a waste to reroll =/
    Sometimes i wish they hadn't implemented achievments into the game or atleast they could make mounts etc BoA and such. Would perhaps help the issue abit 'ey?

I think achievments/mounts/pets should pretty much all be BoA. I have no interest in re-rolling, but if I eve wanted to this problem would be what holds me back.

Not really. I have 700 achievements completed on my DK and I'm planning on re-rolling a Worgen Warrior

10+ Year Old Account
    have 6.4k points and plan to redo them all +some on my worgen
    -Never argue with a fool. People might not know the difference.
    -Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die.
    -Never miss a good chance to shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by Neostigma View Post
    Does anyone else have the issue of wanting to reroll but finding it very hard to because of achievments ingame?
    I mean i'v been playing since near the end of vanilla and half way through tbc i rerolled a paladin from a warrior.
    It wasn't such a big deal then, but not because of all the achievments, FoS etc it almost seems a waste to reroll =/
    Sometimes i wish they hadn't implemented achievments into the game or atleast they could make mounts etc BoA and such. Would perhaps help the issue abit 'ey?
    I got the same problem as u my friend. Got a 80 pala with 6k+ achievement pts, and i want to reroll my hunter, but all my rare mounts all my hard work for so many years is on the pally... Its so freakin hard to decide..

With about 7 rare mounts and 8k+ achievement points on my DK, I would never invest that much time into another character. I would, however, gear another one of my 5 level 80's... I didn't during Wotlk, but I was way too busy getting achievements on mt main than to gear up a second toon. Leveling alts is amazingly fun though!

I plan on creating a Goblin Rogue when Cataclysm is live and putting a lot of work into him but I certainly do miss my Death Knight and all the effort and time I invested in him. I enjoy playing and gaining achievements so I'm sure it won't be all that bad and with the new change of scenery around Azeroth, I'm sure I'll enjoy it that much more. Although, Bind On Account achievements would be a great idea,

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SwissyChief View Post
    With about 7 rare mounts and 8k+ achievement points on my DK, I would never invest that much time into another character. I would, however, gear another one of my 5 level 80's... I didn't during Wotlk, but I was way too busy getting achievements on mt main than to gear up a second toon. Leveling alts is amazingly fun though!
    I'm with you on the leveling part bro, i'v got each class bar a priest at level 80, including 2 warriors and 3, yes 3 paladins ^^
    I do enjoy leveling a hell of alot but it's like on my main i have 8k+ achiev's etc.
    It was hard enough rerolling a paladin after my warrior got the ashes of alar back in tbc xD
    But now i find it even harder, because my paladin has the now unobtainable ZG mounts, raven lord, white hawk, all that jazz, along with countless other achievments which have taken serious amounts of time and dedication to get.

I want the same thing, atm i have 11k points, 138 mounts, 100 something pets etc etc, i had about 90%+ achievements done before the patch.
    I dont think about switching main atm, but if i someday wanted to roll something else, i would not do it. Not because of the achievements really, but my mounts and pets.. No way in **** i would let those years of farming go to waste to an alt, or loose mounts like Al'ar/Amani/invincible/mimirons-head and a long list of other rare mounts just to play something else.. Mounts > everything else for me so i would stick to my class unless they make it BoA.
    But i could see a bad reason with makeing them BoA, that would be everyone going around with mount/pets/acheivements and remove the *rare* in them. Other than that it would be a good idea i suppose
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aspect of Death View Post
    I want the same thing, atm i have 11k points, 138 mounts, 100 something pets etc etc, i had about 90%+ achievements done before the patch.
    I dont think about switching main atm, but if i someday wanted to roll something else, i would not do it. Not because of the achievements really, but my mounts and pets.. No way in **** i would let those years of farming go to waste to an alt, or loose mounts like Al'ar/Amani/invincible/mimirons-head and a long list of other rare mounts just to play something else.. Mounts > everything else for me so i would stick to my class unless they make it BoA.
    But i could see a bad reason with makeing them BoA, that would be everyone going around with mount/pets/acheivements and remove the *rare* in them. Other than that it would be a good idea i suppose
    I don't think it would make them less rare, i mean, for instance with invincible, only a handfull of people have it on my server and say they used it on alts then they could on use it one at a time and in which case wouldn't really change the rareness because it's on one account still.

I feel that lack of achievements on a new character shouldn't inhibit you from leveling it. Doing so won't take away the achievements you worked hard to earn on your main, and they are set in stone for you to so nicely grace trade chat with everyday when you log said main.
    Tumblr:http://benihana210.tumblr.com/
    Twitter:http://twitter.com/#!/Benihana210

Guild Member : What If I'm suffering from complete and utter sexual exhaustion and can't join you for the raid tomorrow?
    Guild Leader : Then you'll have to control your mouse with the other hand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles Tails Prower View Post
    Not really. I have 700 achievements completed on my DK and I'm planning on re-rolling a Worgen Warrior
    700! Shooting for the stars there with that many lol. I do wish I had the option to take my achievements to another character. I don't think I would currently, but I do wish it was that easy to take my in-game progression no matter what I'm on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalfingers View Post
    I feel that lack of achievements on a new character shouldn't inhibit you from leveling it. Doing so won't take away the achievements you worked hard to earn on your main, and they are set in stone for you to so nicely grace trade chat with everyday when you log said main.
    I ment to reroll entirely to a new main, which you would raid with most etc, and be overall you're main character.
    Not just alts, i have plenty of them ^^
    That doesn't bother me so much i suppose.

I have around 8.3k ach points on my war, got no problem rerolling to my mage though. achievements I got in previous expansions are always going to be on my war either way

I don't think it would make them less rare, i mean, for instance with invincible, only a handfull of people have it on my server and say they used it on alts then they could on use it one at a time and in which case wouldn't really change the rareness because it's on one account still.
    Hmm good point!
    We had this discussion in my guild alot of times before, but about the *rare*. It would change the way that "Its 3 people on my server that have Alar" to its "30people that have it" since you would see diffrent chars with the mount over and over instead of just the 3 people.
    But i still like the idea, and i would like them to make mounts/pets/acheivements/FoS etc BoA. Imo go write this to Blizzard forums!

Being somewhat of a completionist, it would be abit tough for me to re roll, but so far the issue has never come up. I have had the same main since day one and I dont see that changing. I have a few mounts that so far are no longer obtainable along with a couple of titles. That and for some reason I would dread doing all the holiday achieves again. Not like they were difficult though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aspect of Death View Post
    Hmm good point!
    We had this discussion in my guild alot of times before, but about the *rare*. It would change the way that "Its 3 people on my server that have Alar" to its "30people that have it" since you would see diffrent chars with the mount over and over instead of just the 3 people.
    But i still like the idea, and i would like them to make mounts/pets/acheivements/FoS etc BoA. Imo go write this to Blizzard forums!
    Even if they limited it say to being only able to make them BoA for 2/3 uses it would be nice because alot of people do re-roll at the launch of a new expansion and such it would just be alittle more incentive to give other classes a go for your main i suppose =)
    Ps, i wanna re-roll my warrior again ='(

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Finalwish View Post
    I have around 8.3k ach points on my war, got no problem rerolling to my mage though. achievements I got in previous expansions are always going to be on my war either way
    I'm with you, Memories should stay on the character you got them on.

"You know your good when you feel the need to make fun of people in heroics, Tough guy."

Even if they limited it say to being only able to make them BoA for 2/3 uses it would be nice because alot of people do re-roll at the launch of a new expansion and such it would just be alittle more incentive to give other classes a go for your main i suppose =)
    Ps, i wanna re-roll my warrior again ='(
    Yeah they should do it, maybe add an option to "add" everything in to 1 char/move it, then you would have 6months "cooldown" to be able to change it back.
    Ps: you should roll your warrior if you enjoy it! I think Blizzard will make this change someday.

To a certain point achives should be boa like shouldnwe have to do loremaster on every toon hell no. But we should have to redo prof achives or pvp. Pretty much quests, exploration, holiday some pvp should all be boa.