Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Blizzard is being cheap with their charity pets!

just noticed that the charity pets is now really just a pet... the only one what is for charity now is the moonkin pet and it only gives money to a charity until Dec. 31. That seams kinda cheap if you ask me... why don't they all contribute money to the charity and why don't they do it all the time?? why is it for a limited time?? if it were all the pets i would be more apt to get them all, knowing part of the sales were going to charity. but now im just disappointed in blizzard but i will be picking up the moonkin just for the charity part before the end date.

what do you all think of this??

Why do we need another thread about this? The TLDR version of the other threads is: Blizzard is a for profit company.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. They did this exact thing before; it's not new.

2. How do you know they don't contribute to charities on their own?

3. It's a freaking charity drive. Would you prefer they didn't do any at all?

i think you should give half of all the money you have left after taxes to charity forever, instead of donating maybe 500 bucks at the end of the year to help make sure kids eat.

Deleted
    I think that if I were to get any pet out of the two (not a pet collector, hate em), I'd get the moonkin for the charity benefit.

and.. you can't expect Blizzard to be helping charities ALL the time, though they do make quite the fat buck, it's just not right giving away half your profit on your product all the time. It's like when there's a wealthy kid, who has a not-so-wealthy friend, and the wealthy kid asks his parent "Why don't we just give them money?"

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbait View Post
    I think that if I were to get any pet out of the two (not a pet collector, hate em), I'd get the moonkin for the charity benefit.

and.. you can't expect Blizzard to be helping charities ALL the time, though they do make quite the fat buck, it's just not right giving away half your profit on your product all the time. It's like when there's a wealthy kid, who has a not-so-wealthy friend, and the wealthy kid asks his parent "Why don't we just give them money?"
    Do they make quite the fat buck?

Quote Originally Posted by L3g3ndQ View Post
    just noticed that the charity pets is now really just a pet... the only one what is for charity now is the moonkin pet and it only gives money to a charity until Dec. 31. That seams kinda cheap if you ask me... why don't they all contribute money to the charity and why don't they do it all the time?? why is it for a limited time?? if it were all the pets i would be more apt to get them all, knowing part of the sales were going to charity. but now im just disappointed in blizzard but i will be picking up the moonkin just for the charity part before the end date.

what do you all think of this??
    How much have you donated to charity lately?
    Why not the double amount?

Start QQ

i bought the lil Rag and it is STUPID!! I want my $10.80 back right now!

QQ Finished

Quote Originally Posted by SomethingcooKiljaeden View Post
    Start QQ

i bought the lil Rag and it is STUPID!! I want my $10.80 back right now!

QQ Finished
    What is stupid about it?

Seriously, I don't think threads like this deserve a longer response than 'Shut up'.

Quote Originally Posted by L3g3ndQ View Post
    if it were all the pets i would be more apt to get them all, knowing part of the sales were going to charity.
    How DO you know the money actually go there?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BagOfChips View Post
    Do they make quite the fat buck?
    if this isn't a troll, I'll make it simple on your soul: $$$ (x9001)

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbait View Post
    if this isn't a troll, I'll make it simple on your soul: $$$ (x9001)
    That doesn't even make any sense. You do realize revenue != profit, right?

What is stupid about it?
    it does nothing at all and it even disappears when you move so yo dont get to see it

Quote Originally Posted by SomethingcooKiljaeden View Post
    it does nothing at all and it even disappears when you move so yo dont get to see it
    But they told you that it would do that.

Lil' Ragnaros, the Tiniest Firelord

Ragnaros, the dread master of all fire elementals, will return in Cataclysm to avenge his defeat in Molten Core. And what better way to head into battle than with a miniature version of the firelord himself following at your beck and call? Lil' Ragnaros, just like his full-scale namesake, burns with constant fury (not to mention flames that serve as a handy cooking fire) and comes equipped with the legendary hammer Sulfuras. And as a being of pure elemental fire, he has no need to walk from place to place -- he just submerges into the magma below the world's surface when you start walking and reemerges when you stop.

They didn't need to donate ANY to charity at all.

And even if they only donate part of it until Dec 31st, i guarantee they donate more than you ever have
    Battlemaster Ralamus (retired rogue)

wow im surprised at all the negative feedback... well sorry to waist your time.

But they told you that it would do that.
    i didn't read that, but it still sucks..... /shrug

The reason blizzard has a charity drive at the end of the year is so that they can take your money, bundle it all up, put in some of their own then take the money donate it all in their name and write it off on taxes. That's why its usually at the end of the year

its a smart business move, you look to much into it.

First actual profits I have not seen numbers for, and considering their size and number of games available it would be hard gauge an accurate number from WoW alone without inside information.

Secondly - They sponsor make a wish foundation in other ways aswell, they granted one poor fellow a wish and let him see inside their HQ/play with the developers etc and then dedicated a weapon to him (Crossbow as his class was a hunter). Be happy they donate any, as there is no law requiring them to even donate what they do.