Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I went to the WotLK release, and I went to a brand new Game Stop in town, got there at 11:30, was out by 12:10, was only #63 in line. I live in Florida though, don't have to worry about the cold as much.

I like the option to download more than waiting in line for 40 minutes :-P

Got both CE of WOTLK and BC by getting to Walmart a few hours before release. First in line both times.

When I left at about 12:03 there was a huge line at the Gamestop in the same shopping mall. I'm waiting at Walmart again for CE of Cata

Nope, first time im playing @ new xpac and im excited :>

10+ Year Old Account
    I attended a TBC and Wotlk midnight release. The stores start getting really crowded when the clock is almost at 00.00. Alot of hardcore fans go and stay to the store hours earlier.

Around 11.50 - 00.00, the line of people waiting goes way beyond the stores' doors.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Weriik View Post
    And if so could you tell me how crowded it is from your experience? I know it really depends on what type of town or area you live in, but what would you say is a good time to show up to wait in line without having to freeze your butt off? Is 11:30 to late?
    I was there for the TBC launch at midnight and the WOTLK launch at midnight.

For TBC I almost froze my ass off andI showed up at like 23.15, stood in line for over an hour before they actually came outside with copies for us to get the line thinned out.

WOTLK I attended a launch event that was held inside so it was warm and comfy and they served beer so it was all good.

I'd suggest you go out quite early unless you want to be way in back of the line. That said though the lines might be a lot thinner this time around due to the fact you can buy it without actually having to leave the house(which is what I'm doing, I have no intentions of going outside waiting in line freezing my ass of in 15 degrees bellow zero).

I got wrath late and I already digital downloaded cata.
    Maybe next X-pac I'll go out and get a midnight release.

Tempted to go pretty early again just so i can sit in line randomly saying 'OMG worgen, cant wait fap fap fap'

Deleted
    I was at the WotLK release at midnight, I stood there 'til like 2 at night. We had a math test next day.

15+ Year Old Account
    This will be my 3rd Midnighht Run :/ I might have really considered the DD, had I known, and I should have expected it, but I already had my money down with Gamestop, plus I am buying the CE as a gift for my brother anyway. I live 5 minutes from the store, so it won't be too bad.

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    This will be my second midnight release. At the wotlk release, we (a few guildies, rl friends, brother) all met there at around 8pm to get our spot in line (take a number have a seat sort of deal). That particular Game Stop is right next to an Applebees, so we went there for a couple hours until GameStop's doors opened at 11pm. Once we got inside, we were free to wait around, check out other merchandise, and just plain hang out. Every 10 minutes, they drew a number and those people got gift cards worth like $10 or so. At midnight, they started handing the game out, starting with #1, of course. It went very quickly once they started.

I imagine cata will be roughly similar to it.

im going for Midnight Release as i did at WOTLK, i live in Denmark some place in our capital Copenhagen. wasnt that crowded, we were, what, 20-30? we got a number, then we waited inside for 5-8 minutes, got my copy and rushed home.
    but this year, there gonna be alot less, since of the digital copy. only people who wants CE (me) and people that enjoy comeing to that kind of releases are gonna be there, if people dont get the digital download and is just buying a normal copy then they probaly dont know of Digital Copy, which means they aint people that look at MMO Champion or news from Blizzard, which means they probaly aint gonna be at Midnight Release anyway.