Thread: Will they work!

Deleted

Smile Will they work!

Im getting a new Imac for xmas, will the wow disks I used to install it on my pc install wow on my mac because of the operating system or will I have to buy all 4 games again for mac version?

P.S soz im dumb with computers

Deleted
    k phew, really dont wanna spend another like £90-100 on game disks

You should be able to just download everything off of battle.net.

Deleted
    O didnt think of that, good call gammer , but itsnt it really slow downloading of the internet or does that depend on pc speed?

All blizz games have the ability to install on PC and MAC. You're good, not worries

OT: speaking of new MACs, I'm about to get a 6-core 3.33ghz, 8GB ram, 2 TB hard drive this week. :P

Deleted
    thanks gr8 to know

Deleted
    Don't buy a mac, all cons, not worth it, nothing will work (if it'll work it'll be 50% slower) overall it simply sucks. Get a PC

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    depends on internet speed
    But I heared mac gives other problems with most games :S
    ∞=0
    0/2 = 0 , ∞/2 = ∞
    2/0 = error , 2/∞ = error
    0*2 = 0 , ∞*2 = ∞

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Allways remember the price you pay for the games is just bound to your account, thats where the worth lies. Thats why you can download free from internet, its quite fast, but ofcourse depends on your internet speed so using the disks will be better

Deleted
    Shuu, dont start this as a mac vs pc post lol, I just wanted to know if i can use my disks to install it, i made a mac vs pc a few weeks back, also im getting mac for music purposes but im also playing wow on it so pc isnt and option and i dont like them mac is preffrence

Deleted
    Doesnt the direct download stream the game data so you can log in and play during the install, once the critical data is downloaded?

That would possibly be better than installing off the discs again.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chilsberry123 View Post
    Shuu, dont start this as a mac vs pc post lol, I just wanted to know if i can use my disks to install it, i made a mac vs pc a few weeks back, also im getting mac for music purposes but im also playing wow on it so pc isnt and option and i dont like them mac is preffrence
    but its soo much FUN to bash on mac! :P
    Its all about preferences, and what you are used to. If you have started with one OS its kinda a pain to change(if you know your current OS really well atleast). So unless you are looking for special features in the other alternative its not really worth changing. People are however blind to the fact that other people might have other needs than themselves. Resulting in how I see Ipad as a waste of money whily my dad worships it as a great tool for emails at his work.

Quote Originally Posted by foulplay View Post
    Doesnt the direct download stream the game data so you can log in and play during the install, once the critical data is downloaded?

That would possibly be better than installing off the discs again.
    Yeh i am quite sure thats how it works. its a pain playing in the early yellow zone tho. Installing dosent take long if you have DVDs tho, but chaning those blasted CDs are a pain!.. Thats the uppside with the internet DL, you can start it and leave it, you dont have to take one exp at the time, and it will also update you to the latest version of the game. Just put it in another room than the one you sleep in and leave it overnight.
    Last edited by Tempus; 2010-12-04 at 10:48 AM.