Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by sensei View Post
    No, they don't, unless you pre-ordered or did the change account type trick you are still missing a few hundred megabytes of data.
    Ah, like 10 seconds of downloading. Its hardly worth mentioning.

They've taken back the release announcement, apparantly it was something wrong with the sms system wich sent text messages to everyone who had booked a copy. And when it started sending Gamestop thought it was fine to sell, people are allowed to keep their copies but no one else will get any untill Tuesday at midnight.

Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    Ah, like 10 seconds of downloading. Its hardly worth mentioning.
    As a slightly unrelated side-note, installing from the disc apparently actually downgrades your installed version of WoW, and forces you to download several gigabytes of data before you can play again.

Deleted
    Can somebody with Cataclysm disc confirm if you can install WoW with Cataclysm DVD from scratch just like with WotLK dvd without installing vanilla and tbc? I don't wanna download 20gb of data on launch day. If yes then it comes with 4.0.0 or 4.0.1 patch?

Actually, will prolly get mine a bit earlier as well (got mail this thursday that its been sent from Game), but as others have said its useless as you cant play it anyway.
    I was Once a Nab
    Then I rolled a Paladin
    Thats when I found out
    that I REALLY was a Nab

Stood in the Fire Constellation's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    He_he

If the stores release it prematurely it will cost them 50 k euro in fines if blizz finds out, but it is true that in the scandinavian countries there were some retailers selling it, creating a rush for the others to sell it too. One of my friends got it, but i went down there and they had stopped selling em again... >_<

I was told by JB Hi-Fi in Australia that they had recieved no notification from Blizzard not to sell until the unified launch time and even if they did it would be impossible to police so they just don't care.

on the flip side EB Games is apparently being a stickler to the rules so go figure.

Personally I think Blizzard is trying to enforce this for one reason alone - to make their digital copy seem more attractive. Blizzard have gotten more and more profits focused since their merger with Activision just check out all the micro transactions.