Poll: Easiest class of these three to master in pvp?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Easiest pvp class to master

This has prolly been brought up before but..
    I'm gonna level up either my rogue, warrior or priest to play arena in cata right at the start. And so i wonder..
    Now with all the new changes to classes and stuff, which of these three classes will be easiest to master, or re-master is a better term since i havent played in long time.
    Originally Posted by Archer
    I wanted to make the front door look like a warlock summoning portal, but my wife said something about the neighbors thinking we worship the devil.. or something along those lines. Either way I was told no

Well, all classes are easy to master. Mastering a class exceptionally well is another question of playtime and practise. Play the class you enjoy most, that one should be easiest to master.
    Bold Sold Gold Hold Told Fold Cold
    Done?
    No..
    Doled Foaled Goaled Holed Poled
    Rolled Scold Scrolled Done soon? meh..
    Shoaled Strolled Tolled Trolled.

Define master. If you wanna do acceptably well, I'd say rogue or warrior, depending on the fotm specs

I'd say something along the lines of:
    discipline > shadowdance > arms > mutilate > shadow
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Yea, but i cant decide which of sp and rogue i want to play most.
    I wanted to make the front door look like a warlock summoning portal, but my wife said something about the neighbors thinking we worship the devil.. or something along those lines. Either way I was told no

It really depends from my experiences playing any class in PvP very well can be difficult to any class. But so far I'm finding Enh shammy really fun and kinda easy (NOTE: My shammy is only lvl 63)

@ Above

Enhancement Shammys are sometimes hard to master, playing with wolfs on cd is usually hard. Totem dancing and rng with maelstrom procs.
    -
    @ OP again.

Shadowpriest is always funny and you can go healing needed.

Though a really skilled rogue a hard opponent aswell but a noob rogue is the easiest kill EU, it's all up to you.

Caster vs Melee?
    Bold Sold Gold Hold Told Fold Cold
    Done?
    No..
    Doled Foaled Goaled Holed Poled
    Rolled Scold Scrolled Done soon? meh..
    Shoaled Strolled Tolled Trolled.

Deleted
    Shadowpriest is quite easy to reach an acceptable level at, where you can kill one or two opponents at a time without much trouble. It takes a while to be able to take down healers on your own. To 'master' a shadowpriest is another feat entirely. I don't feel I'm that great at shadow in PvP but I can take a hell of a lot of horde down when I really focus on the kiting. I think it's the same with most classes. You can get to a point of decency quite easily, but mastering it is a whole other ball game.

warriors are no doubt the easiest class imo.. frost mages arent that hard neither (aye aye fanbois) but u got 2 attacks and 3 defensives its like.. rogues are easy aswell just gotta keep track of CDs, priests are actually semi hard, cuz if u wanna master the class.. its alot of bindings and pre 4,0 was prolly paladin all speccs :P and yes i do play all these classes (except a full lvl pala)

oh and regarding to shaman (im playing shammy at 2300) they are NOT easy to master the "totem dance" is prolly the hardest "dance" in the game (im not talking about dropping all totems and nuke something xD)

From your options, shadowpriest would probably be the easiest class/spec to master.

Warrior is rather simple, then again so is Shadowpriest.

Voted Warrior.

mage

ice lance ice lance ice lance

oh i noticed now i went abit offtopic xD warriors, end of discussion :P my guess (and hope) is that priests (and healers overall) are goin to requier a sweet set of skills to pull of in arena.. warriors have always been a nobrainer class.. charge->kill :P oh and.. i read somewhere that warriors are both top 1 and 2 (fury and arms) on the DPS charter of all classes and speccs.. so theyr still as strong as ever

Warrior or spriest.
    Last edited by lojk; 2010-12-04 at 03:33 PM.

Deleted
    Warrior is probably the hardest of the classes to truly master. I've played both rogue and shadowpriest to 2600+ ratings with over 70k HKs on both, and honestly, shadowpriest is the easiest spec from the classes you choose. Your tools are very limited, so there isn't that big of a difference between a decent shadowpriest and a good one - you simply don't have that many opportunities to make clutch and skilled play. With that said, there is still SOME room to play amazing, and you will definately know when you meet a shadowpriest that knows what he's doing down the the tee, you will feel violated, dominated and helpless at the same time. Getting to that point takes a lot of practice, but it's rather having a good understanding of the game and pvp as a whole, rather than intricate knowledge of the priest class.

Warriors are the hardest. They have the most tools out of pretty much any class, but the tools they have are also very powerful. Being able to zip across the map 9 times every MINUTE (charge, intercept, intervene and soon heroic leap) is just completely ridiculous mobility, so staying on your target is easy for a warrior. However with that good mobility, theres lots of room for out of the box thinking, like intervening scatter-traps for your partner, intervening blinds, focus charge heals, intervening friendly totems to reach targets faster, heroic leaping around corners and the list goes on. Warriors also have that extra dimension of having to weaponswap and stanceswap to optimize their effectiveness. That means you have to almost relearn how to bind your keys smartly and always pay attention to what stance and what weapons you have out. Decent warriors only stanceswap to intercept and maybe shield wall when taking heavy damage, but amazing warriors will swap constantly, to use all of their abilities, like recklessness, shield bashing for longer lockout, intervening out of trouble, spell reflecting clutch stuff, disarming to peel etc.

Then you also need to take into consideration, that warriors also have the option of playing both incredibly defensive and very offensive. They can choose to turtle and use their debuffing tools like demoshout, sunder armor, thunderclap, shield block to reduce damage or conserve healer mana, but they can also go tunnel mode and just mash instant strikes all day to put out silly pressure. This is what sets apart the great from the good ones. Its easy to be overly offensive, because that comes natural to most warriors from either raiding or leveling where the only part of your bar you really need to pay attention to, is what strike you can use at a given time. Trust me when I say, that the best warriors you will ever meet, is almost playing a different class than everybody else. They use twice the amount of tools, and find quadruple amount of ways to use said tools on top. Ofc you can just put on your helmet and get charge>smash some fools, and that can be fun in its own right, but you won't get far in arena like that. Warrior has arguably one of the highest skillcaps of all classes.

Rogue. Well this was my main throughout TBC. You don't have that many tools availible, and you don't need that many keybinds compared to other classes (a bit more going into cataclysm though). So this class is very easy to just pick up and learn pretty fast. You can do reasonably well with just a basic understanding of your abilities, and it's a great support class for some of the more heavy duty classes like Mage and Warlock to do their jobs. That means as long as you are there and do your stuns and slows and dont die, everyone is happy. Thats an easy task for the most part, because its quite straightforward to be a rogue. Your mobility is awful, so you are very limited in target selection. Stick on a target all game and try not to get peeled. You can ofc swap targets, but its a big investment in cooldowns and damage potential, unlike a warrior who is build around constantly swapping. So its a perfect tunnel class in that sense.

What makes a good rogue though, is his impeccable timing and cooldown management. With only so few tools, its very important that you use them all flawlessly. If you mess up 1 cooldown, it can cost you the game. That means the good rogue, is one that can plan ahead and read the game. To really excell, you need to know what will happen AHEAD OF TIME, so you don't waste anything in the present. That takes a shitload of experience to master, because you need to become ONE with the other team. You need to learn their ins and outs of every class and setup, and learn what can screw you over. For example, if you use cloak of shadows early in a game with a deathknight or mage trying to commit to a kill chance, you need to KNOW that you will get kited endlessly for a minute straight afterwards. So making the decision to cloak early, is one of great risks. Are you reading the game well enough, to know that its worth it? Same with blind, vanish, sprint, shadowdance etc. Every time you use one of these, you commit to the decision. They are all long cooldowns so if you "waste" them, you are sure to lose the game. So the amazing rogue is almost like an oracle. He reads the matrix, and controls it. He knows whats gonna happen before it happens, and can anticipate how to counter it or get around it. This can lead to great frustration, but also a great sense of satisfaction when you start to get this down. Thats also why a good rogue is well respected in the community (back in TBC at least), but honestly, rogues have been "spoiled" or "carried" by casters most of wrath. They were pretty crap in their own right, they were only there to help the more powerful classes do their job. Basically you were the Pet of the arena team or the stunbot/wound bot. No one really recognized your skillful play, because there wasnt really that big room for much. It all come down to how great your team mates was, the majority of the time. Hope this changes in cataclysm, so exceptional rogues once again has a chance to prove their pvp finesse and prowess without being overshadowed by their wizard sidekicks. This is also the reason a lot of top tier rogues rerolled to another class in wrath.

Regardless, I would probably pick a shadowpriest for ease of mastery, and rogue for ease of play. Warrior is arguably the most technical and dynamic of the classes, so stay away if you don't wanna invest too much into becoming good.

I know it ended as an essay, but im bored and got carried away. Hope it was useful
    Last edited by mmoc9e8e7fdb19; 2010-12-04 at 03:27 PM.

It's easy to be a bad rogue. I don't know very many good sub rogues. I suck on mine too. =P So I disagree that rogues are easy to play. While their moves may be straightforward it takes time to learn how and when to use them. This is why I'm bad at playing a rogue, and why there are lots of bad rogues. People also do not know how to pool energy and save it for their interrupts, recuperate, etc.

Easiest would probably be frost mage though. Lolololicelance.
    Last edited by Wynnyelle; 2010-12-04 at 04:28 PM.

Thanks for replies.
    It seems that the majority of people here thinks as me..
    That shadowpriest is the easiest then rogue then warrior.

I know i should play what i like but i like them all, but also im trying to get high rating in the begining of the arena season so i think i will go for SP or Assi rogue if assi will work

Assassination rogues don't have nearly as much survivability as Subtlety. They can output a lot of damage, but... they die pretty fast, from what I know. I'd go subtlety if you're planning on going rogue. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Drakoes View Post
    mage

ice lance ice lance ice lance
    this

INB4: Mage is teh hardz@!

Deleted
    Voted : all are the same

Put mage on the list and you got a winner!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squaree View Post
    Well, all classes are easy to master.
    Don't say this and then immediately follow with:
    Quote Originally Posted by Squaree View Post
    Mastering a class exceptionally well is another question of playtime and practise.
    They are direct contradictions.

That said- Within the confines of Arena, the warrior is probably the easiest to get to a competitive level because their role tends to focus on 1 enemy at a time, where as a rogue is expected to use blind and sap and such and priests are generally expected to heal which is a different beast all together.

That's not saying that it's all warriors do, or that any of the classes are particularly simple, just that the warrior *tends to* have the most focused role.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE