Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Dungeon grinding is NOT faster.

Okey, so their were allot of threads about what is faster dungeon farming or questing, well, Ive checked everything and this is my conclusion:

First off Explore Black rock caverens before cataclysm so you can enter it at release, and get 25 dailys done (worth 36% xp)

Ive checked all dungeon quest XP and this is you will see

Blackrock Caverns 78-82(6 quests 418800 xp) This one takes 20 minuts with a good group and is a very easy 600k+ xp this is definitly worth it, but after youve done the quests its only like 200k xp a run so thats NOT worth it. (remember after you hit 82 mob kill XP is also reduced with 30% or so). If Hyjal is very busy on your server, do Black rock caverns till 82, then go to deepholm.

Grim Batol (3 questen, 416400 xp) This dungeon is very hard and takes VERY long not worth the time.

The stonecore 82-84 (13 quests 456880 xp) Easy dungeon, and you explore it will questing in Deepholm, do this one time for the amazing quest XP.

Throne of the tides 78-82 ( 2 quests,- 139600 XP) Not worth it totally crap xp.

The Vortex Pinnacle 82-83 (3 quests 226320 Xp) Not worth it takes long and bad XP

Lost City of the Tol'vir (3 quests 281990) This is an easy dungeon, worth it if you got a focused group.!

Halls of Origination (10 quests but allot horde only it seems) Not sure about this one!!

Conclusion: do Blackrock Caverns one time for fast 600k xp, if Hyjal is very busy on your server you could do this till 82 but would take longer then questing. Do Stoncecore and Lost city of tolvir one time for nice Xp and quest the rest!

ive done it this way and (on beta) it took me 18 hours to get 85.
    thanks for reading!
    Last edited by mmoc6976f30cf4; 2010-12-04 at 03:34 PM.

Dungeon grinding is very fast from 1-68. After that Questing is faster. Of course this only applies if you are a tank, because as a tank I can get about 4 runs in, in an hour, and each run gives about half a level with full heirlooms.

Deleted
    Im talking about 80-85

Quote Originally Posted by Duallegend View Post
    Im talking about 80-85
    Dungeon grinding in brand new content on release would be retarded. It is 100% brand new content, so I am going to enjoy it. Subsequent times through I may level through the LFD, but not the first time...

Quote Originally Posted by Maeleena View Post
    Dungeon grinding is very fast from 1-68. After that Questing is faster. Of course this only applies if you are a tank, because as a tank I can get about 4 runs in, in an hour, and each run gives about half a level with full heirlooms.
    Once you hit outlands questing is almost always better, with the 1-60 changes and exp nerf I can't say for under 60.

Most outlands instances are two open and spread out for good exp.

Quote Originally Posted by HollerTH View Post
    Most outlands instances are two open and spread out for good exp.
    Then you are doing it wrong, or the tank in your group is going too slow. I can clear a BC instance in about 15 minutes, killing absolutely everything in sight, and the XP is phenomenal. It's the groups that treat leveling dungeons like heroics, killing only what is needed to complete the dungeon, that have a slow time leveling through instances.

Blackrock Caverns 78-82(6 quests 418800 xp)

The stonecore 82-84 (13 quests 456880 xp)

Lost City of the Tol'vir (3 quests 281990)
    Where do you get all the quests for the instances? I suppose you don't get 6 or 13 quests in the start of the instance first time you enter?

well... that really reallly matters on server..big sever will have tons of ppl doing Qs.. aka you wont be able to do your Qs...

Deleted
    It's all situational.. I can imagine a lot of places will be packed with players and competing at least for the first few days. So instancing would be better

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zheryn View Post
    Where do you get all the quests for the instances? I suppose you don't get 6 or 13 quests in the start of the instance first time you enter?
    You get them all at the start (atleast on beta)

Dungeon grind aint even faster from 1-60 any more if you know where to quest and lower your quest downtime (do every dungeon at least once for Q tho)
    60-70 questing the Dungeon/main Questlines and then Queue up for dungeons works fastest (assuming your group aint terrible)
    70-80, Do all the Group/elite/ring quests and fill up with dungeons
    80-85, Do all the quests and only do dungeons when you got 2 quests there OR when ur on a crowded server and have to wait all the time for mobs/spwns etc

You are looking at it wrong.

Hyjal and Vashir are scaled to start at 78, not 80. The base exp from level 78 quests is approximately 5k more than level 80 Northrend quests. Level 80 CATA quests are 8k more than level 80 Northrend quests. Mob experience is also similar, a level 80 non elite will give 1200 ish exp, a level 78 non elite in CATA will give 1600 or so at 80. When questing there is no point to doing old world quests past the first turn in

If you have a pre-organised group which knows how to speed clear instances you will gain double the experience of CATA questing from Northrend Heroic Dungeons. Use this to your advantage.

If you have a pre-organised group which knows how to CC, interrupt and kite, you will gain an extra two fifths of the experience from CATA dungeons compared to CATA questing. If you PuG you will do worse for exp than questing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakto View Post

Hyjal and Vashir are scaled to start at 78, not 80...
    This isnt true. You dont get a single Q there unless you are 80.

Deleted
    I dont understand ppl saying its retarded? Perhaps I like to do dungeon farming? AND tbh OP your wrong, did u take in consideration how much ppl there will be doing the same quests? .. killing ur mobs .. everything, so first week of release I would say dungeon is far much more worth it,

Quote Originally Posted by Zheryn View Post
    actually you do, all quests for each dungeon are available for pickup just inside the dungeon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashik View Post
    I dont understand ppl saying its retarded? Perhaps I like to do dungeon farming? AND tbh OP your wrong, did u take in consideration how much ppl there will be doing the same quests? .. killing ur mobs .. everything, so first week of release I would say dungeon is far much more worth it,
    Take this in consideration: Dungeon are scalled for CATACLYSM GEAR i tryd doing them with just pure wotlk gear and our tank got 2 shotted.. You first need to do atleast 40 quests their or so, so your geared enough for the dungeons.

Hall of Lightning, Units
    4 boss
    14 non elite
    107 elite

171200 + 11200 + 14000 = 196k per ~10 minutes = 19.6k per minute per person

Comparison quest of kill 10 lvl 80 units and 33k exp reward with a 5 min turn around time you're looking at

23250 + 33000 = 56k per ~5minutes = 11.3k per minute

Hall of Lightning Heroic is nearly double the exp gain of mid level quests in the CATA 78-85 starting zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakto View Post

Hyjal and Vashir are scaled to start at 78, not 80. The base exp from level 78 quests is approximately 5k more than level 80 Northrend quests. Level 80 CATA quests are 8k more than level 80 Northrend quests. Mob experience is also similar, a level 80 non elite will give 1200 ish exp, a level 78 non elite in CATA will give 1600 or so at 80. When questing there is no point to doing old world quests past the first turn in

If you have a pre-organised group which knows how to speed clear instances you will gain double the experience of CATA questing from Northrend Heroic Dungeons. Use this to your advantage.

If you have a pre-organised group which knows how to CC, interrupt and kite, you will gain an extra two fifths of the experience from CATA dungeons compared to CATA questing. If you PuG you will do worse for exp than questing
    Completely wrong, you can't get any Cata quests until you are 80. Which kinda sucks because now you northrend is 12 levels long.

Take this in consideration: Dungeon are scalled for CATACLYSM GEAR i tryd doing them with just pure wotlk gear and our tank got 2 shotted.. You first need to do atleast 40 quests their or so, so your geared enough for the dungeons.
    I'm pretty sure if you are in 260 avg ilvl gear you will be fine in the 78-82 instances, as they are tuned for you not even being in Cata content yet at 78.

Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    This isnt true. You dont get a single Q there unless you are 80.
    Outlands start quests are scaled for lvl 58, WOTLK start quests are scaled for lvl 68, CATA start quests are scaled for lvl 78, just because you 'currently' cannot get them until lvl 80 does not change what they are scaled for.