Deleted

[Suggestion] Flight Paths in Cataclysm.

Hello and welcome to my Thread about a new flight path system in Cataclysm. If you have anything to add or even criticize please leave a response below.

In Cataclysm flight paths are going to be almost useless to most WoW players, Due to flying in Azeroth. Personly I love the new Rocket Raceway in Azshara for 1 main reason. You can leave the mount at any point. I thought this system would work well in flight paths.

For Example: The flight master could give you 2 options. 1. Fly straight to my destination (Which is fight paths how they are now) 2. Give me a parachute (Could make it sound alittle less cheesy).

This will basicly cost abit more and give you an option to get off the flight path in mid flight and fall slowly down to the ground. This wont be very accurate though because off your slow fall buff.

I thought this would be a cool little system to add into WoW. Well technically its already in Azshara.

Ino im bad at explaining things and I hope you understand the rough idea of what I have said.

Deleted
    With the number of flight points added in the game now I don't see why you would need to "bail" mid flight. I'm fairly certain, no mater your final destination, there will be a flight point close by.

15+ Year Old Account
    People could fly in Northrend and Outlands aswell, yet they (atleast I did) use plenty of flight masters during the last years.

Deleted
    I understand where your coming from, I just thought it would be abit more usefull and "fun" for leveling / new players. Instead of flying over the place they want to go then running back there later, they could just drop off and "maybe" land where there aiming for if thier lucky.

Since blizzard has introduced new ground vehicles in some zones that lets people jump off at anytime, I thought it could be good to add that "Bailing" system to the flight paths too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kosuko View Post
    People could fly in Northrend and Outlands aswell, yet they (atleast I did) use plenty of flight masters during the last years.
    You couldn't fly in Outlands until level 70 and Northrend until 77, until they nerfed it, so the flightpaths were necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedelus View Post
    You couldn't fly in Outlands until level 70 and Northrend until 77, until they nerfed it, so the flightpaths were necessary.
    and you can't fly in azeroth till atleast lvl 60(I think even more)

Quote Originally Posted by Cephius View Post
    With the number of flight points added in the game now I don't see why you would need to "bail" mid flight. I'm fairly certain, no mater your final destination, there will be a flight point close by.
    You'd be surprised how many times I've gone to the flight master, clicked on the wrong destination, and went "oh crap!" And then I'm either left with having to sit through the entire flight or alt+f4 so that it stops at the next connecting flight point on the path. Both of which are kind of.. argh. Parachute idea sounds fun.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

Quote Originally Posted by Cephius View Post
    This. Basically any camp you go to there is a flight path now.
    Quote Originally Posted by DETdream View Post
    Just enjoy the game folks, they're not making it for you specifically. When you were playing Super Mario Bros. you learned to jump over piranha plants, you didn't complain until they removed the damn thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Indstructble12 View Post
    This. Basically any camp you go to there is a flight path now.
    I think you got the wrong end of the stick. This is not meant to be a replace the flight path system how it is now. Its meant to be and option and work in sync with the current system.

For exampe: If you seen you the place you wanted to go below you would you rather "Bail" off the flight path or keep flying for 30 secs and run back there?

It's not a bad idea and honestly it's one I have wished for on many occassions. They already have the mechanics for parachutes/slow fall so it would just take a little re-design. Of course there is probably something I'm not thinking of that makes it exploitable (i.e. you "used" to fly over areas that they didn't allow you to go... that shouldn't be true after Cata launches).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ent0mbed View Post
    It's not a bad idea and honestly it's one I have wished for on many occassions. They already have the mechanics for parachutes/slow fall so it would just take a little re-design. Of course there is probably something I'm not thinking of that makes it exploitable (i.e. you "used" to fly over areas that they didn't allow you to go... that shouldn't be true after Cata launches).
    Exactly, Thats why I keep referencing to the Rocketway in Azshara. Its technically a flight path because you from A to B, but it allows you to jump off at any time along your ride.

I still like FPs for when I have to pee.

What?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NGRazor View Post
    I still like FPs for when I have to pee.

What?
    So just stay on the flight point then... Its not forcing you to jump off its gives you an option to jump off.

Deleted
    Thanks for all of your comments

Getting off the flight path defeats the purpose of having a flight path. It is a cheap easy method of transportation with a fixed time that does not require you to pay attention. You have to make a meaningful decision to either take the fixed flight path or fly there manually, each with its own risks, rewards, benefits, and drawbacks.