Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Survival spec has no self healing?!

I find it quite strange that Survival spec has no self healing abilities, despite its name and supposed specialization.

Beast Mastery has Spirit Bond and Spirit Beast's HoT ability.

Marksmen has Chimera Shot which gives 5% max hp on every cast.

While Survival has absolutely no self healing capabilities, which just reeks of bad design - especially considering certain other classes (Rogue, for example) got decent self healing abilities in Cataclysm.
    Self healing is quite important during Leveling, as well as in PvP where even a small heal can mean a won Arena match or a captured BG objective.
    It can also be quite helpful in Cata PvE raids where Healers mana is supposed to matter a lot, so every bit of free self healing counts.

So, what do you fellow Hunters think - why Survival has no self healing what so ever?

Edit:
    Beast Mastery has quite good defenses and a superb tanking/utility/dps Pet, and Intimidation 3 second stun.

Marksmen has constant Daze on Chimera/Multi, and has improved Disengage, and Silencing Shot and Readiness.

Survival has improved traps, Mirrored Blades and a Sleep sting which breaks on any damage.

To me it seems that all 3 specs have about equal "control/defense", which still leaves the question:
    "Why does Survival has no self healing?"
    Last edited by Aleksej89; 2010-12-04 at 08:57 PM.

Deleted
    Idk maybe becouse survival has better control.

10+ Year Old Account
    I couldn't care, The self healing from MM is so trivial barely ever noticed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    It would appear the world is retardeding at a pace much more rapid than previously anticipated.

Quote Originally Posted by Madluck View Post
    Idk maybe becouse survival has better control.
    Beast Mastery has quite good defenses and a superb tanking/utility/dps Pet, and Intimidation 3 second stun.

Marksmen has constant Daze on Chimera/Multi, and has improved Disengage, and Silencing Shot and Readiness.

Survival has improved traps, Mirrored Blades and a Sleep sting which breaks on any damage.

To me it seems that all 3 specs have about equal "control/defense", which still leaves the question:
    "Why does Survival has no self healing?"

---------- Post added 2010-12-04 at 10:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kelbak-Illidan View Post
    I couldn't care, The self healing from MM is so trivial barely ever noticed.
    5% HP every 10 seconds is MUCH stronger then Spirit Bond., which is 2%HP every 10sec.

If anything, Chimera self healing needs a nerf >.>
    Last edited by Aleksej89; 2010-12-04 at 08:59 PM.

Survival has never been the self sufficient spec. It's always been the trickster type spec using traps, etc. Marks is the brute force sniper type spec. BM is the one that was always been the most self sufficient. Survival is about staying out of trouble. Marks is about getting into trouble. BM is about getting out of trouble.

stop whining will ya

If you are in a desperate need of a heals as a hunter use healing pots.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're talking about pvp I really can't see 5% every 10 seconds making that huge of a difference and I believe there are a couple other classes with specs that have a no self healing or if they do it's minimal. Survival will probably end up being the top Pvp spec sooner or later in Cata as all the specs fluctuate nothing to worry about.
    It would appear the world is retardeding at a pace much more rapid than previously anticipated.

Quote Originally Posted by harky View Post
    Survival has never been the self sufficient spec. It's always been the trickster type spec using traps, etc. Marks is the brute force sniper type spec. BM is the one that was always been the most self sufficient. Survival is about staying out of trouble. Marks is about getting into trouble. BM is about getting out of trouble.
    And how does that explain Survival not having any Self Healing?
    To me it sounds you are saying that Survival is supposed to die whenever it gets into trouble (aka gets targeted by a player/mob/raid damage), which is not only stupid but also goes totally against the meaning of Survival.

Quote Originally Posted by The Scrub Guy View Post
    Bandages my friend, they are your friend, my friend.
    That's a terrible argument.

Deleted
    Kind of an odd n ame for a spec if it can't even heal itself. :duckhuntdog:

All three specs can get spirit bond at 85 if so desired. I understand you give up MM talents to get it but it's there if you want.

In my beta experience I found that for PvE, I rarely took damage at all. If my pet was alive I was fine. If it was dead, well I'm soon to follow or I'm feigning death waiting for the nasty mob to path away.

Even in heroics the effect is either too small to really matter or you just don't take damage. It does reduce downtime while soloing which is nice but a single bandage usually fixes that and it only takes a few seconds to use.

Would I like to see something like Black Arrow gaining a VE effect? Hell yes but SV isn't at some huge disadvantage.

PvP could be different, I don't really do PvP .

Widow Venom should be given a HoT effect imo. Would actually give some incentive to use it.

People ask for things like self healing and then cry about homogenization /sigh
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    People ask for things like self healing and then cry about homogenization /sigh
    Ignore this post, He stands in fire lol Joking.

So Survivals billions of immobilization and burst ability's don't count?
    If the enemy isn't dead before they touch you, you have failed.
    Quote Originally Posted by bamfrosty View Post
    Widow Venom should be given a HoT effect imo. Would actually give some incentive to use it.
    This is true.

Quote Originally Posted by hunteromg View Post
    stop whining will ya

If you are in a desperate need of a heals as a hunter use healing pots.
    Yea, blizzard isn't totally fucking the class up patch by patch. Nope, not at all.

The problem is, every other DPS class has a heal that spans across all specs, hunters do not, the discrepancy is bullshit and needs to be addressed.

---------- Post added 2010-12-04 at 11:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Syleath View Post
    If the enemy isn't dead before they touch you, you have failed.

>he actually thinks hunters can put out that much damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Barash View Post
    Yea, blizzard isn't totally fucking the class up patch by patch. Nope, not at all.

The problem is, every other DPS class has a heal that spans across all specs, hunters do not, the discrepancy is bullshit and needs to be addressed.
    Mages?

Mages?
    Glyph + Evocate. Every mage has it too.

Glyph + Evocate. Every mage has it too.
    Cause that cant be interrupted

>he actually thinks hunters can put out that much damage.
    Survival, if you didn't know, has a proc called lock and Load, 3 Explosive shots in a row.
    I have pvped since the patch
    It does work.
    Last edited by Syleath; 2010-12-04 at 11:35 PM.

It doesn't change the fact that they have it as an option.

---------- Post added 2010-12-04 at 11:35 PM ----------

Cause that cant be interrupted

Survival, if you didn't know, has a proc called locked n Loaded, 3 Explosive shots in a row.
    I have pvped since the patch
    It does work.
    Yea, if they don't dodge your trap that the trap launcher so conveniently announces where you placed your trap.

You are full of shit if you think every hunter can and should be able to kill anyone before they get to melee range, nevermind the classes that aren't even melee classes.