Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Cataclysm start content(raids) as easy as naxxramas was in wotlk?

Im wondering if the starting raids, the ones ull start as soon as u hit lvl 85 will be as easy as naxxramas in wotlk was when u dinged 80. Could basicly just walk in with blues and clear it. Will they be pugable right away?

Nope
    Even heroic 5-mans aren't going to be easily puggable until probably the 2nd tier (talking about lfg... will be a pain in the ass for awhile lol)
    The normal modes of the raids should be puggable within a few months though.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I didnt play the beta but I think they are harder than Naxx,Not only that but you need Hc 5 man gear to have a chance.

No more running into a raid instance 10 mins after reaching the level cap

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. It will be muuuuuuuuuch harder. Like the above poster has stated, even heroics will be really hard.

Yep, its no naxx-faceroll for the first months(thank god aka blizzard) and they have heroic modes that are really hard, and the heroics change ALOT from the normal version which is different from say ICC hardmodes.

Deleted
    Tbh, Naxx werent just go in, in full blues and clear. Sure it was easy but it is in my eyes still one of the best raids of this expansion.

Deleted
    I havent even done every heroic dungeon on beta, Heroic DM is a bitch!
    tryd the enter raid, and we had 6 hours of wiping then we said gg to blizz and went to sleep xD

Deleted
    But I loved Naxx, it was casual-player friendly! Anyway, we will see.

NAxx everyone already knew all the fights OS and maly were the only new ones. Even if they were as easy as naxx witch there not people will need time to learn the fights.
    "The sky's will rain fire." "The oceans will boil." "The streets will run red with the blood of billions only then when your last pitiful hope is extinguished will I end your life lets go."

Quote Originally Posted by Boby View Post
    But I loved Naxx, it was casual-player friendly! Anyway, we will see.
    Hence why it sucked hardcore... Aside from the fact it was reused content I spent months in @ 60.

"It may be your $14.99, but it's the raid's $374.75" -- Ralask <Nether>, Senjin.
    Mage Moderator | Forum Guidelines | MMO IRC | Arcane Mage FAQ | TT7 R.I.P.

10+ Year Old Account
    Several normal mode fights are quite challenging.

For example: i consider this fight http://www.youtube.com/user/TotalHal.../3/685E1dKIrpI will be considerably challenging for a normal mode.

For first timers they could present a challenge, but it wont take you too long to put them on farm status if you've had good progress in icc.

on the other hand - ive been leveling an alt just to go through the new revamped classic dungeons - and half of them have been made into a real raid boss fight. half the bosses have 2-3 phases, some of them do things raid bosses do atm, think Bonestorm, MCs, etc. You have void zones, debufs, cone-1-shot-abilities, etc.

So considering that you get introduced to such mechanics at levels as low as level 20-25, level 85 should def be a pleasant experience for new comers and a walk in the park for hardcore raiders(talkin about normal mode only, hc is diff story )

I did a couple raid encounters on the Beta - definitely not as easy as Naxx. The difficulty is there, but the boss fights are so much fun, learning the new mechanics of each fight and whatnot, learning to use your new spells and cooldowns, managing your mana (I played a healer) - I wasn't bored or annoyed once
    I am your Blood Queen. You must submit.

As far as I know, NO.

You will be walking in there with blues, but it is heroic blues, and they will take some time to get.

Now I didn't play in beta, but 10 man normals shouldn't be too hard, but not too easy neither.

I think at first its gona be a Gear issue, that will prevent pugs from doing well. But once people start getting full 5man HC gear we should start to see atleas the first few bosses puggable. I mean its gona be allot harder than naxx but in afew months they will be pugging some of it alteast.

Can't be sure tho, maybe its gona be a pug killer for a long time? ;P

10+ Year Old Account
    I played Beta, tested 10 mans as a healer, 5 mans as well. It is very different than it is now. I can't fully remember the difficulty at the beginning of wrath concerning the 5 mans and the raids. What scared me the most was the 5 man level 85 normal (I was even in the 5 man heroic gear). The paladin tank had 100k in Tol'vir. He decided to run in and tank everything. I had to fast heal him almost entirely (costs 5500 mana at 85) and he was taking so much damage I couldn't stop to heal any dps. Of course he died when I went oom.

Raids were pretty decent. We did Blackwing Descent first, also tested some Bastion of Twilight and it was definitely possible (after learning). Resource management is what really comes to the front now. You have to manage your resources a lot. Get used to that idea. It will be front and center.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech11 View Post
    I think at first its gona be a Gear issue, that will prevent pugs from doing well. But once people start getting full 5man HC gear we should start to see atleas the first few bosses puggable. I mean its gona be allot harder than naxx but in afew months they will be pugging some of it alteast.

Can't be sure tho, maybe its gona be a pug killer for a long time? ;P
    I think that the mechanics themselves are going to be much more difficult also, along with the lack of gear.
    I AM FORSAKEN

Context is overrated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    "WOW THIS IS SO GAY!"

Well seeing as how there are abilities that will one shot anyone lessthan 100k hp in the raid gear will matter more than in naxx

15+ Year Old Account
    This is what made Naxxramas so easy.
    They didn't change a single thing from Classic Warcraft.
    Each boss encounter was exactly the same. In the ten mans, they added Crystals for Razuvious instead of forcing a 2 priest ten man.
    This time around. It's completely new.
    Reintroduction of Crowd Control.
    Still going to have a few of those gun nut guilds that go in and try to aoe tank everything. They'll fail and all will /gquit and go to guilds that know what CC is.
    On top of that, I think it was Totalbiscuit that said. Basically you cannot, absolutely cannot start a raid without having complete and full heroic gear. The DPS will not add up to what it needs to be, the healers will not be able to keep up, and the tanks will take too much damage.

Made by Ariyana!

Quote Originally Posted by iHeal View Post
    Tbh, Naxx werent just go in, in full blues and clear. Sure it was easy but it is in my eyes still one of the best raids of this expansion.
    Not to attack you but.... lolwut?

It was a nice instance when it came out yes, it was nice. But it was pure faceroll compared to what most other raiders where used to, also its a rehashed instance. Also, at the start of the expansion I went with my guild, a full group who was in blues and we cleared it in the first week. I had barely done 4 to 5 heroics before going to Naxxramas. Thats just plain dumb.

Im extremely happy for Cataclysm's starting content