Question about Cataclysm Install

Hey guys, maybe someone knows the answer to my question; since I'm not sure myself I better ask.

Ok I ordered my Cata copy from a swiss games store, they said they send it on 6th so I have it on 7th about at 10a.m
    when the postman brings it.

I phoned with the store and they send me the Game-Key to my e-mail on monday evening.

Now the question:

When I entered the key, can I just start playing at 0.01 or do I miss something that needs to be installed from the Cata DVD.

If there's an install needed is it enough to enter the Gamekey and start the launcher to download needed things or do I have to wait for the physical DVD to arrive in order to install?

My guess is that it doesn't need an install, maybe a small patch download. But since I've read a topic here that said
    you have to install the DVD; I'm insecure now what's true^^.

Thx for answering
    Last edited by Ohmnia; 2010-12-04 at 09:44 PM.

Deleted
    you need the physical DVD.

Key should be comprehend in the box.

or you download the digital version.

Quote Originally Posted by Boby View Post
    you need the physical DVD.

Key should be comprehend in the box.

or you download the digital version.
    You missunderstood my question. I'll have the CD-Key on monday evening about 6pm, but the physical cd on tuesday morning.

CD-Key (the one from my Box but sent to my e-mail thru retailer) enough to play or DVD need to install too?
    Last edited by Ohmnia; 2010-12-04 at 09:48 PM.

If you enter the key into your account on the blizzard website it should download the rest of the cata stuff and let you play.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

15+ Year Old Account
    You can use the digital download once you have a key tied to your account, it should start downloading automatically. You can do this even before you input the key.

Open your World of Warcraft folder, go into WTF and open Config.WTF and Launcher.WTF and edit the line that says

SET accounttype "LK"
    to say
    SET accounttype "CT"
    I'd do this on Monday evening, or even now. I have Cataclysm already installed via this method, though I have to wait to get my copy from the store at midnight. Though when you log in, it will reset the accountype. Just do this anytime you feel you want to check to see if anymore Cataclysm data is available to download before you log in with the launcher.

Quote Originally Posted by k0nker View Post
    You can use the digital download once you have a key tied to your account, it should start downloading automatically. You can do this even before you input the key.

Open your World of Warcraft folder, go into WTF and open Config.WTF and Launcher.WTF and edit the line that says

to say

I'd do this on Monday evening, or even now. I have Cataclysm already installed via this method, though I have to wait to get my copy from the store at midnight. Though when you log in, it will reset the accountype. Just do this anytime you feel you want to check to see if anymore Cataclysm data is available to download before you log in with the launcher.
    Awesome answer^^ Thanks a lot k0nker and all the others^^
    Just did what you said and it's downloading about 900mb of data now. I'll do same on monday evening to see if there's some missing stuff they added til then^^
    Last edited by Ohmnia; 2010-12-04 at 10:27 PM.