Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostypwnd View Post
    Oh no! My overpowered profession has been nerfed a little bit and is now equivalent to all others? Fix blizz! Fix! /sarcasm off

Stop QQing about stuff before it's even released. Engineering fail rates will be back to 0 at level cap, and you guys are 5 levels away from it. Please QQ after reaching 85. By then you'll be owning everyone who isn't an engineer but is equally geared and skilled in PvP again!
    You are aware that eng. enchants don't work in Arena/Rated BGs...

Forgive my ignorance, but this thread is clear as mud and I have a couple questions:

1. Where do Engineers get their passive stat bonus?
    All I have seen so far is "cogwheels," which is ridiculous because the only items with cogwheel sockets are of limited value to raiders, and none to PvPers. So what else is there, or what piece of the puzzle am I missing?

2. Which of the Engi-only tinkers/toys CAN be used in rated PvP situations?
    If you can cite a reliable source, I'll bake you a cookie.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrmrider View Post
    Forgive my ignorance, but this thread is clear as mud and I have a couple questions:

1. Where do Engineers get their passive stat bonus?
    All I have seen so far is "cogwheels," which is ridiculous because the only items with cogwheel sockets are of limited value to raiders, and none to PvPers. So what else is there, or what piece of the puzzle am I missing?

2. Which of the Engi-only tinkers/toys CAN be used in rated PvP situations?
    If you can cite a reliable source, I'll bake you a cookie.
    1. Engineer do NOT get passive bonuses at all. The cogwheels are meant to allow us to customize the secondary stats in our goggles. Without cogwheels applied, the googles has no secundary stars, only str/agi/int/sta. Once the cogwheels are placed they have the normal stats for a item of it ilevel. Tinkers and enchant do no longer share the enchanting slot of items and we can put a enchant and a tinker in the same item (gloves and cloak, so far, as there is no belts enchants).

2. Last season the following items were NOT USABLE in arenas:
    The rocket boost tinker
    The mind control tinker
    The frag belt tinker
    All the combat pets (dragonlings, battle chicken, etc)
    All the bombs
    Last season the following items were were USABLE in arenas:
    -The hand mounted pyrorocket (glove tinker)
    -The hyperspeed acelerator(glove tinker)
    -The cloak tinker (parachute)
    As rated bgs share item restrictions with arena, is almost sure all those restrictions will apply to rated BGs too.
    Last edited by fushio; 2010-12-06 at 12:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wælcyrie View Post
    You couldn't of said it better.
    He could have actually. Saying that it is terrible for reasons which include not being able to make a new worm hole generator or mounts is pretty bad. Engineering had the first craftable mounts in-game, and they don't exactly need to replace them do they?

Deleted
    You wont be saying its useless when you sell the bows and guns + the enchants

Quote Originally Posted by epicsordx View Post
    You wont be saying its useless when you sell the bows and guns + the enchants
    Compare this and this. The epic craftable bow doesn't even beat regular blue bows dropping from HCs, and it is not that much better than the regular blue BoE bows.

OK, so if engineering is just fine then please tell me what's so great that will make it useful to me as a hunter? Tinkers can't be used in PVP so that's out, there's no tinker for melee or hunters so a raid DPS buff is out too. I'm not planning on quitting raiding at tier 11 so the goggles (and the gun) will be replaced by raid gear, rendering the cogwheels irrelevant. The scopes can be used by anyone, not just engineers so that's not anything special. What's left? BBQ and non-combat pets? Unless there's something I'm totally overlooking I don't get how this is even good enough to be a primary profession! What's the deal?
    Last edited by Bohuslav; 2010-12-06 at 01:22 AM. Reason: spelling

EXPLODING RABBITS!

This thread is over.

Apparently someone thought this to be trolling and reported it, however exploding rabbits is quite on topic.

Engineers can create exploding rabbits, something I find to be rather amazing. I also feel that exploding rabbits are a good example of how engineering is a profession geared more towards being fun for the engineer, rather than something to make money on, or help other characters.

I realize that I might have typed this out in the thread at hand, however due to the "QQ" theme of the thread, I felt an explanation would be wasted.
    Last edited by gwarsh41; 2010-12-09 at 03:30 PM.

I dont think Blizzard would make the same mistake twice.
    Not sure if that was supposed to be a joke or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiso94 View Post
    you get the engineering gems that are balanced with rest of the stuff
    All of these people running their mouths about how it would be...yeah. Guess what. Cata has launched and half of what we were promised is gone. You can't even make the helms yet. At least no one I know has even seen an orb.

Several of our recipes seem to be either removed, or gone. For example, where is the belt shield? What about the hand laser? Time to drop for jewelcrafting where even the greens I'm making on that guy are selling for 100s of gold.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lunaspike View Post
    Several of our recipes seem to be either removed, or gone. For example, where is the belt shield? What about the hand laser? Time to drop for jewelcrafting where even the greens I'm making on that guy are selling for 100s of gold.
    Uh, both of those things you mentioned are in game. I'm looking at them right now. Grounded Plasma Shield: 3 Electrified Ether. Tazik Shocker: 2 Volatile Earth 2 Electrified Ether. You don't learn them from a trainer, you just automatically pick them up as your skill increases.

As for the Chaos Orbs, I don't have any idea on that one either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiru View Post
    Uh, both of those things you mentioned are in game. I'm looking at them right now. Grounded Plasma Shield: 3 Electrified Ether. Tazik Shocker: 2 Volatile Earth 2 Electrified Ether. You don't learn them from a trainer, you just automatically pick them up as your skill increases.

As for the Chaos Orbs, I don't have any idea on that one either.

Then mine is messed up. I'm above where I should have learned both and nothing so far. Do you have to be at full 525 to learn it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lunaspike View Post
    Then mine is messed up. I'm above where I should have learned both and nothing so far. Do you have to be at full 525 to learn it?
    Maybe it's a discovery thing? I learned them both while skilling up, way before 525.

I'm not sure about fun and leisure or making money, but as is stands now Engineering is a poor profession for end-game raiding. The question is whether to hold on to it in hopes that Blizzard gives us a something useful in the future (like they did in WotLK) or to let it go for one of the more beneficial Professions.

Well, my worgen warlock alt is an engineer & I've got all sorts of characters who want some of the goodies I can make with him. So, I'm one of those folks who see it as full of win (seriously, a Chopper for him & my shaman main? Sweet! expensive, but SWEET!)

With the game being this early into release & people are starting to look at places for gearing up. It really seems like a gamble in terms of the items you make. Overall the epic bow/gun need to be buffed otherwise the gold / performance ratio seems pointless when you can just wait on an RNG drop. I'm going to start leveling tonight & once 85 after poop socking it, I plan to re-evaluate engineering as a whole. Switching to a goblin makes Jeeves pointless & the other uses may not be worth having over another profession.

Maybe Blizzard will slightly buff these weapons though.