• Stay Home, hope for better progression

2 15.38%
  • Leave, find a better home

8 61.54%
  • Think about it a bit more

3 23.08%

Thread: Need an Opinion

Need an Opinion

I've been thinking a long, long while about this; I consider myself a semi-hardcore raider, sadly, most of the guilds I joined this past year have mostly been just interested in gear, rather then progression, so much so that I never got to kill Lich King, even though I've been at him since April on both my Tank and Warlock. There are only 2 hardcore horde raiding guilds on my server, none of which I am interested in joining. So, after much though, I was thinking of finding a nice, semi-hardcore raid guild that focus' on progression. The problem I am having is that I don't want to leave behind my home server which I have been apart of for the Last 3 years since Late BC. Where I have met so many people and made so many friends.

What would you do in my shoes?

Note: Didn't know where to exactly post this, so I assumed general would be the best default choice, if I am wrong, I'll move it.

Become a raidleader in your guild that aims progression.

But if you meet the requirements of the hardcore guilds, join 1 of them.

Regardless of the opinions you may get, they are just other people's personal opinions. This is something you really have to decide for yourself.
    Last edited by Mijen; 2010-12-05 at 02:15 AM.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

There are only 2 hardcore horde raiding guilds on my server, none of which I am interested in joining.
    You pretty much answered your own question.

Real-ID means you can still talk to those friends you have made, so do what I'm doing(same position) and move to another server and join a decent guild, rather than sit with a bunch of idiots in Cata and don't even get close to killing anything.You'll make new friends and have a decent guild, what is there to lose?

*By idiots, I'm referring to my last guild who I recently /Gquit.. You don't even want to know how bad they were.. it's worse than bad.

It just irks me when someone refers to people that don't know how to play... idiots. More than likely they didn't get shown/tought how to play or did any research but could be some neat people to socialize with. Yeah, I understand your frustration and people should learn how to play if they decide to raid cause your only bringing the team down if you don't, but still a lot of people play this game that don't care about progression.

As far as getting back to the opinion, you need to look at what you want out of the game. If you want to see it all, I would suggest finding a semi-hardcore raiding guild like you said. If you don't care about progression, stick it out with your guild. Simple as that. Friends will come and go... do what makes you happy. From my experiences finding a nice friendly guild (between casual and hardcore) that actually progresses at a decent pace is hard to find but they are out there. Good luck in your search!
    Last edited by Putmeincoach; 2010-12-05 at 02:53 AM.

Id change your server, you can keep in touch with your friends through realID and im sure there are people here that would welcome you to their realm and help you get started up there.

I would have left the server. Been in almost the same situation several times before and swapped servers accordingly. Latest was yesterday acctually.

I just had some separation anxiety myself.

You'll get over it. Just pull the plug and transfer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Server transferring to join a solid raid guild can be daunting, but if you're funny and helpful and gamewise without being arrogant or annoying, it's pretty easy to make new friends quickly. I've had to transfer a couple toons over the years to find raiding satisfaction and I'm a 34yo homo... which can add its own set of tensions, but I haven't had any trouble fitting in.

RealID makes staying in touch with old friends way easier these days too if you get bored or lonely while you're farming.