Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Sure you did. "It was likely that shamans would be reworked in the shaman based x-pack (cataclysm),"
    Right there. You said it was a shaman-based expansion.
    Sure i did NOT. Shaman based =/= Shaman focused. It's a huge difference to sit back and think about a heavily by the addon represented class, which hasn't been really closely looked at for a while, and update it, OR to focus on the said class while neglecting the others (which you implied)

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The only thing I have to "argue" with is how you describe it. Your argument is that the ability is so good that it's important to use it at the right time.
    How do i explain it in a good way? Let's say you have one town with a police department and a fire department. The other town has both of them in one department (cops are fire fighters at the same time).
    Now there is a robbery AND a fire. Do you see the problem? Having all the good stuff stuffed into one ability is NOT good. If you need a snare breaker and are focused 30 seconds later, where you would have needed the healing, there is no way to make it so no aspect of the ability is wasted. Some things should be separated. Just think of what would happen if you took all rogue cooldowns, and stuffed it into one? I dont think any rogue would like it.

20 yards radius to 30 yards, talentable to 40 was a boost. You're right, I forgot to include that issue they made a step forward with.
    And auras are still 100yards while mobile, untarget/destroy/dispellable, infinite uptime and doing exactly the same. this issue is mostly about pve buff totems, you know that, dont you?

They didn't say it was an issue. They in fact said that low totem health was something they considered important.
    It was. In vanilla, it was. Name me ONE totem, where it is justified to have it at 5hp?

They didn't say they would do this, they said they'd consider it. It was never a good idea, because it moves us away from one of our major thematic points; totems. They HAVE done a bit of this, in fact; removing Cleansing totem and pushing us back to using actual cleanse spells.
    Wrong no1.: I never said they promised it. I said they made a big Q&A about our most prominent problems, issues, and wishes.
    Wrong no2.: It wouldn't push us any farther away from totems because shamans have no reason to drop pve totems anymore, unless there is no one else to bring them. Doesn't sound like a "totems are so awesome i'm glad we have them" point
    Furthermore, they could, instead of making pvp/utility totems worse and worse, develop them in the other direction for once.
    -Grounding was much better in classic, and did not deserve it's nerf
    -Earthbind got, after hunter and warrior, also distributed to unholy dk, moonkin, fire mage, frost mage and demonology warlock
    -Cleansing got removed
    -Sentry, instead of finally being made worthwhile, got removed
    -Fire Nova Totem changed to a spell, stun effect removed
    And you claim it's buff totems removed from the totem table which would remove us to much from the totem issue? hahaha
    Also, think about this: If a totem can be made 3 times better when changed to an aura, and easily being changed to one, maybe it's not fit to be a totem?
    Totems are a unique part of the game and as such, should work as one. Emitting a 40y buff aura is no unique way of working, it's just an inferior one, additionally hit with the totem tax. My totems have 5hp, are immobile and limited in range and elemental schools? Maybe (just maybe) they should make totems good enough to varrant all those limitations. In vanilla they were, now they aren't.

Even if that were true, it's very clear that they have taken specific action on the overwhelming majority of the things listed there, when you claimed, and again I quote directly to avoid you claiming I'm putting words in your mouth; "Nothing of that happended".
    Maybe the last point was misunderstood. I refered to the points I mentioned as flaws, which where spoken of in that Q&A, not all of the issues they brought in it.

You were wrong. Stop spreading misinformation on these boards, especially after you're called on it with a cited source that proves it.
    No i wasn't. Which part of what i said was misinformation? And what "cited source" are you reffering to?
    Last edited by Omanley; 2010-12-09 at 04:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing I was really concerned with was shamans' CC, as Omanley said, still being sub par, as well as our survivability.

Just wanted to add to the matter.

...Oh yea, and what about all the spells that they're handing other classes that were specifically given to the shaman "hero" class? (purge and heroism)
    Last edited by Desx; 2010-12-09 at 04:28 PM.

Purge has always been shared with Priests (Dispel Magic) and Warlocks who use a Fel Hound (Devour Magic). The sharing of Bloodlust/Heroism just means that a group doesn't have to have a Shaman. The change basically came about because they didn't want raid comps to be forced to bringing a Shaman, rather than a good player.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    Purge has always been shared with Priests (Dispel Magic) and Warlocks who use a Fel Hound (Devour Magic). The sharing of Bloodlust/Heroism just means that a group doesn't have to have a Shaman. The change basically came about because they didn't want raid comps to be forced to bringing a Shaman, rather than a good player.
    +1, when I'm taken into a raid group I want it to be because I am actually good at DPSing/Healing rather than: "we need windfury and bloodlust lolol".

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my personal opinion, I love the way Enhancement works right now. Unleash Elements is a great addition to our rotation, and combined with a FlameShock can be devastating. We actually feel balanced in PvP right now (I've done a few BFG and TP games) and in PvE are competitive with other melee classes. I average about 12-13k dps in most dungeons, and that is without even being close to hit capped.

Quote Originally Posted by Pronger View Post
    In my personal opinion, I love the way Enhancement works right now. Unleash Elements is a great addition to our rotation, and combined with a FlameShock can be devastating. We actually feel balanced in PvP right now (I've done a few BFG and TP games) and in PvE are competitive with other melee classes. I average about 12-13k dps in most dungeons, and that is without even being close to hit capped.
    ?? how is tickle unleash weapon + a 30% more dmg flame shock "devastating"?

12-13k is good..back in pre-4.0

Quote Originally Posted by 817 View Post
    ?? how is tickle unleash weapon + a 30% more dmg flame shock "devastating"?

12-13k is good..back in pre-4.0
    Really? Do you even have an 85? My MS for Cata is resto, but I played 2 hcs as ele already and I was doing 11-13k dps, but I see people doing not even 7k sometimes.

You do realise that there is great stats drop at 85 level? From 30%+ haste I had at 80 level I now have about 10%, and that's just an example.
    There is no way in hell dps could have increased for ANYONE, I'm sure even top world players can't pull over 20k dps with their set up groups without special boss mechanics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.