Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyfoeth View Post
    Not sure how it'd screw it up, as mages would still be making them. The reason it's not like that is quite simply idiots. The same people who created other portals over the Dalaran portals would open portals to other places and get newbies and other folks stuck there, and think it's funny. Juvenile humor at its 'finest'.
    1. People who don't watch to see what they have their mouse over before they click deserve it.
    2. I've done it myself and laughed after I realized I made a mistake.
    3. I've done it to people on my mage and it's freakin' hilarious.
    4. Chili pepper pot stickers are pretty good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankennoob View Post
    No longer?
    Yes if the mage already took the port of of the raid or is offline the portal no longer works. The mage has to be right there when you take it or its not a usable portal.

Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    I live in the UK and I tip people who provide me with a decent service.

A sentence that, in my head, sounds wrong.
    Well yeah, but the point is that it's only common in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEverydayDre View Post
    Its just stupid to set prices and demand 10g for a 25s portal.
    Damn Pepsi and Coke! It might cost them about 5 cents to create a bottle of pop yet when I have to purchase one, it costs me at least $1.25!

And Like Pheanix712 said. Portals are a luxury. If you want them, you can pay or you can roll a mage have the ability to create portals. You can also choose to port people for free if you wish. If I'm on my druid (which has pretty much become my mage... I rarely played my mage this expac), I usually decide to hoof it, but if I'm feeling lazy, I'll fork over the money.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpy View Post
    Yes if the mage already took the port of of the raid or is offline the portal no longer works. The mage has to be right there when you take it or its not a usable portal.
    What he seemed to be implying is, there was a time he could make a portal with his mage, log out, log in on a different toon and use the portal. I don't think that ever worked.

10+ Year Old Account
    when I'm on my mage I don't require anyone to pay me anything for a port, unless they want me to FOLLOW them to said place, wait for them, make them ANOTHER port, wait for them AGAIN etc etc... and that's just because I'm taking time out of my day to follow them around and be their portal monkey while they're beating off to whatever. if someone feels the need to tip me I won't decline, it's not a biggie to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus-Barca View Post
    What I think would be a good compromise, is if a mage could set a price for their portal, open it up, and if you're not in group and want to use it, you click on the portal, it notifies you how much it will cost, etc and you're away!
    "Mass wave of bans incoming for mages botting portals"
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Isnt your question quite obvious dude?

Why would i.. as a mage , spend my regent, so that you and the rest of the City, go wherever the portal is going?
    My ability, my spell, i am allowed to do with it whatever i want.
    I never asked you to ss me, or throw me a heal, or summon me , or or or .

Oh and if you are an "old" player, which i hardly doubt that (and by old i mean playing this for 5 years) then you would have figure out "ways" to go to all major cities either you horde or alliance.

15+ Year Old Account
    What he seemed to be implying is, there was a time he could make a portal with his mage, log out, log in on a different toon and use the portal. I don't think that ever worked.
    Yes it worked back in bc at least i deleted my mage so i cant tell you when it changed.

Deleted
    Sigh. You sound like Mage's are making 1000g a minute by making portals. There's MUCH better options for making money -.-

And btw, no one forces you to buy portals.

Angry I have a mage and I want this badly

I have a mage and I would kill for this ability. Why?

Because I basically get screwed for LFG if I want to sell a port or port a friend.

There I am, 18minutes into a 20minute DPS queue and my best friend asks for a port and without thinking I click /invite and

D'OH!

Time to requeue!

D:<

As an alternative to being able to use portals out of group...how about when someone joins a mage in LFG there is like a 30 second window before it removes you from LFG.

Either way. But I'd rather give portals away free than lose LFG queues.

Quote Originally Posted by deathtognomes View Post
    Isnt your question quite obvious dude?

Why would i.. as a mage , spend my regent, so that you and the rest of the City, go wherever the portal is going?
    My ability, my spell, i am allowed to do with it whatever i want.
    I never asked you to ss me, or throw me a heal, or summon me , or or or .

Oh and if you are an "old" player, which i hardly doubt that (and by old i mean playing this for 5 years) then you would have figure out "ways" to go to all major cities either you horde or alliance.
    Started jan 06(warrior)
    2nd character every created, and became my main... I got old raid footage on my old hard drive too, so what you trying to tell me my dude?
    http://www.warcraftrealms.com/char/49493983

If i could find my old lvl 40 warrior darnit...
    Last edited by TheEverydayDre; 2010-12-05 at 05:36 AM.

www.youtube.com/TheEverydayDre Cata raid vids coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus-Barca View Post
    What I think would be a good compromise, is if a mage could set a price for their portal, open it up, and if you're not in group and want to use it, you click on the portal, it notifies you how much it will cost, etc and you're away!
    I see mages setting up rows of these for gold cap also grieving by putting them on npcs
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    I live in the UK and I tip people who provide me with a decent service.

A sentence that, in my head, sounds wrong.
    It's not the same kind of tipping. In America, BAD THINGS WILL HAPPEN if you don't tip.

15+ Year Old Account
    OK, the OP is a warlock. Remember when locks used to get tipped to open summoning stones? Same story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agoonga View Post
    I'm weird in any culture
    If life's a stage, when's the after party?

Quote Originally Posted by Axlash54 View Post
    OK, the OP is a warlock. Remember when locks used to get tipped to open summoning stones? Same story.
    yes but it wasnt prevalent at all.

www.youtube.com/TheEverydayDre Cata raid vids coming soon.

Not in that sense no but inviting a buddy to my group and having said buddy invite the toon that needs the port while I'm on it, I then make the portal, switch to the toon that needs it, and take the portal as normal. Now I can't even do that, the mage has to be online for the portal to work regardless as Sharpy stated.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpy View Post
    Yes it worked back in bc at least i deleted my mage so i cant tell you when it changed.
    Was changed with the last patch I believe, don't remember a patch going through from when I started my new priest on my current server and when I ported her to Dal.
    Last edited by Dedweight; 2010-12-05 at 05:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dedweight View Post
    Not in that sense no but inviting a buddy to my group and having said buddy invite the toon that needs the port while I'm on it, I then make the portal, switch to the toon that needs it, and take the portal as normal. Now I can't even do that, the mage has to be online for the portal to work regardless as Sharpy stated.
    Ah. I see. That still seems like a lot of hassle. I'd rather just fly or take a boat/zeppelin to where I want to go rather than all that grouping and logging in and out.

Just let mages drop portals anyone can use and set a fee on them if they choose to.

When you click on a portal a menu pops up asking if you want to pay X gold to teleport to Y. If you hit yes, you're teleported, and the money is changed.

Win win. No one has to drop group, mages still make money, and it's faster overall.

It's threads like this that have made me /ignore everyone that asks for portal.. It generally goes like this:

<Them>: portal
    <Me> ignore them and hope that no response makes them go away.
    <Them> can i haz port plz???
    <Me>Still ignoring them hoping they'll go away.
    <Them>I'll pay you 10g!!!
    <Me>Why? so you can go cry on forums and to your guild on how you had to pay for a portal?
    /ignore

I personally find making portals for people that whisper me to be an inconvenience, I have to stop what I am doing, Invite or get Invited to a group and make my way to them to make things quicker. In that time I could have been doing something I wanted to do rather than getting someone else on the way to what they wanted to do.

A lot of the people that I know that have a mage main don't even sell/offer/make portals. I'm willing to bet that those doing so are logging a mage ALT just for the purpose of charging for portals and making gold.
    Last edited by Brightspark; 2010-12-05 at 05:49 AM.