Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mage portals are fine as they are. Either get used to travelling around yourself to get from A to B or just do a daily so you can pay for that pretty old portal.

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    I love putting the portals back in dal.. where they should be and watching people swear at them until they despawn.. people still do this. It keeps me entertained for ages.

I agree with the OP. Nobody should be making gold just because of their class.

Edit: I tried taking portals from my own Mage, and it wouldn't let me do that.

Quote Originally Posted by ara View Post
    Death gates are usable by all dks (at least used to be haven't checked since 4.0.3) even if you weren't grouped. Don't see why you can't enter portals. It's like requiring someone else to allow you to enter a door. What's preventing you from jumping in there?
    Well, seeing how all DKs have the ability to make a Death Gate, it's kind of silly to prevent them all from using the same one. If EVERYONE had the ability to make a portal, then Blizzard would probably drop the group restriction.

As it stands now, rogues make money off lockpicking, why shouldn't a mage be able to make money off making portals?

And if you're really that stingy about it, roll a mage. If you really need to get another toon somewhere and you don't want to pay to do it, have a friend invite your toon to a group, log out without dropping group, switch to your mage and get into the same group with your logged out toon, go to where that toon was and open a portal to where you need to go, then log out and back in on the other toon. So long as your computer doesn't suck and take a long time to load, the portal will still be there and you can get where you're going. It's either that or suck it up and pay for a port. Or roll a horde toon on Uldum. Seems like our mages are just giving ports away.

And nevermind, seems I haven't really touched my mage since the patch and the portal mechanics have changed so this no longer works. Excuse me while I go QQ silently to myself.
    Last edited by Deathmaw; 2010-12-05 at 10:06 PM.

*wait for it*
    *wait for it*
    *wait for it*
    *oh itchy*
    *wait for it*
    THERE!! I see tradin' happening... A Mage opens a portal near the BANK..RUUUN FOR IT!!
    *wait for it*
    *wait for it*
    *loading*
    *wait for it*
    WTF!? Stonard!?
    *Hearthstone*

Just something I expect to see if this gets implemented.

Deleted
    As someone who has a mage for a main, if portals became publically usable I'd never make a portal outside of a raid instance ever again, I don't want randoms using my portals. If I'm on my mage and sat in Org I always put /dnd on because I'm fed up of people asking for portals and if I do make one, yes I expect to be tipped. Perhaps my chatbox spam would be lessened with this change but then I don't want Arthasloldk using my portals, sorry.

I do think that portals to Dalaran and Shattrath should be available from Org with level restrictions on them, like the portal to Quel'Danas has in Shattrath.

That being said, in one days time people won't be going to these places as much anymore and 310% flying in Azeroth, I would assume portal QQ should decrease.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathmaw View Post
    And if you're really that stingy about it, roll a mage. If you really need to get another toon somewhere and you don't want to pay to do it, have a friend invite your toon to a group, log out without dropping group, switch to your mage and get into the same group with your logged out toon, go to where that toon was and open a portal to where you need to go, then log out and back in on the other toon. So long as your computer doesn't suck and take a long time to load, the portal will still be there and you can get where you're going. It's either that or suck it up and pay for a port. Or roll a horde toon on Uldum. Seems like our mages are just giving ports away.
    Actually tried this recently and it didn't work

Yeah, I just saw that they updated it. I haven't used my mage much since the patch. That is kind of lame.