Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'm honestly glad that they made the change and will start playing on my priest again.... made raids a whole lot more interesting and challenging when you had to decide between using aoe heals, mana-efficient heals, or the costly heals that can get your through burst. Made things a hell of a lot more interesting back in teh day.

Quote Originally Posted by Oopsmezedya View Post
    When raids in CATA are going to stack pals and druids and have like 1 priest there is a PROBLEM, and its because of blizzards stupid decision to make mana matter, but then not give classes good ways to get mana back
    It has absolutely nothing to do with mana mattering and everything to do with those classes being more efficient healers, which is completely fixable. Stop being a fool and thinking spamming your biggest heal endlessly without repercussions makes the game good.

You just must be a bad healer/player. Any healer that wants the mana issues to remain as they were in Wotlk is a lazy face rolling qq baby.
    Glad im not in you guild, gonna be fun when you qq cause you cant finish a simple 5 man.

10+ Year Old Account

I just hope they bring back mana pots. And by bring it back, I mean remove the stupid once-per-fight rule. That'll show em!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

Quote Originally Posted by sicness View Post
    They've never, EVER allowed a class/spec to be so behind others in their role that they lose their viability, and they never will.

While i totally disagree with the OP i also disagree with this statement. Take a good long hard look at Elemental Shamans and Boomkins through most of Wrath. I don't play either myself, but i know for a fact they were underpreforming compared to alot of other Hybrids. And that was for the entirety of that expansion pretty much. I realize it's dangerous ground to move into but i realy do think you should reconsider that particular statement

10+ Year Old Account
    wth is the OPer is talking about... i like it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Thokh View Post
    I guess you started playing in Wrath then..
    I freaking hate this association with starting in Wrath and being bad. Unfortunately i can't refute it seeing as i seem to be the exception rather than the rule -_-.

15+ Year Old Account
    Mana should matter it's unbelievably stupid that it's didn't in wotlk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tides View Post
    While i totally disagree with the OP i also disagree with this statement. Take a good long hard look at Elemental Shamans and Boomkins through most of Wrath. I don't play either myself, but i know for a fact they were underpreforming compared to alot of other Hybrids. And that was for the entirety of that expansion pretty much. I realize it's dangerous ground to move into but i realy do think you should reconsider that particular statement
    I think it still applies to healers though. While dps specs tend to be all over the place, healers tend to be pretty even (for their niche).

10+ Year Old Account
    see were going back to our roots back to vanilla style playing where it matterwhat u do and how u did it and how u healed with what was tanked and what was cced which i think is great theses more of a challenging

"everything is too easy, noobs can get BiS gear! make it more like vanilla/bc when raiding was harder."

wtf is blizzard thinking, do they even care what their players want anymore?
    Do you know how they came up with the name Canada?

They put several letters into a hat and drew each letter out. `The first letter is C, eh. The next letter is N, eh. The last letter is D, eh.`
    And that is how you spell Candada. C-eh-N-eh-D-eh.

Quote Originally Posted by ericyeahright View Post
    Hahahaha.... hehehe...
    /wipes tear

Yeah, I was figuring this was gonna be a troll post, now I'm not so sure. :|

Quote Originally Posted by saberon View Post
    I just hope they bring back mana pots. And by bring it back, I mean remove the stupid once-per-fight rule. That'll show em!
    What would be the point of that.. If a mana potion gives 2k mana and you can use it every 1 minute you got 10k mana, you're gonna use it the instant you go to 8k mana and keep it on CD from there on out. That aint management that's watching a cooldown and pressing it the instant it comes up. Although 1 mana potion per fight aint much more than that i don't realy see what changing it would do. I'd prefer mana potions being reinvented alltogether.
    Although there is a bit of management in it with them new potions. Giving 1-20000 something mana or whatnot. It's a bit of a bet how far you're willing to go down in mana before using it

---------- Post added 2010-12-05 at 06:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    I think it still applies to healers though. While dps specs tend to be all over the place, healers tend to be pretty even (for their niche).
    Agreed.

Mana doesn't matter, you just can't spam LOLBIGFASTHEAL for ever, thats called not being retarded

Making mana matter does not mean raids will start stacking specific healers. It means they'll start stacking GOOD healers. Going oom halfway through a fight is either the healers fault or the raids fault for taking too much unnecessary damage.

Also priests have shadowfiend and hymn of hope? Thats 2 mana back cooldowns so..

Quote Originally Posted by Tides View Post
    The whole point about making mana matter is that "If you run out of mana you're doing it wrong"
    If you go into a raid engage a boss and run out of mana halfway, you gotta stop and consider what you're doing. Were you just spamming FOL or Healing Surge or w/e expensive-fast heal you got? Wrath Healing style is a grid minigame. Whack-a-mole as GC likes to say. It's not realy intelligent its just who can click faster..

I for one will welcome the mana mangement back with open arms. Good for rooting out baddies :P
    You must have been one of those healers who couldn't adapt because your reaction time wasn't fast enough.

Now that certain classes like the priest who have no magic ability to give huge chunks of there mana back...QQ
    What? Hymn of Hope anyone?
    Apocalypse, Juggernaut, Engine of War.
    Piercing your chest with pure hate.
    Twisting within the great heart of all things
    Exist only to obliterate.

one thing i will add to this argument, we will for sure see a new generation of bad healers. "this group sucks, i keep going oom"

15+ Year Old Account
    I think its a good idea healing has gotten out of control.