Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Or... people can stop standing in all the AOE damage that could be avoided easily. Healing with no concern of mana isn't fun for me cause it makes the healing very spiky and more twitch reaction. Many times in WoTLK I was just casting heals for no reason other than to guess who will take damage and hopefully my heal will get them before they die.

Now it's more if they play smart, I can afford to leave the player at 70% of HP cause they're not going to die in 1 hit, and I can pick and choose who I want to heal and such.

Gone are the days of tunnel vision DPS. What we need now are less meter whores, and more clever players. Get used to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine how good you'll feel as your gear progresses and you'll have to worry less and less about mana? And your build will reflect your individual style more. If you build for ultimate mana regen, or ultimate throughput, haste for fast heals, and maybe you enjoy big heal crits!

It'll be a lovely slide up teh gear slope for healers who work for it. ;D

You will still get blamed when dps stands in fire. I have heard many say they stood in it for 2-3 seconds more just so the could finish their rotation. Let them die. They will drop group, and you will quickly get another one.

Deleted
    The point is that in Cata your entire healing rotation is fundamentally changed. For example, Im a resto druid, before I used to blanket everything with rejuve, lifebloom (now only able on 1 target) and the occasional wild growth. Now, I have to spam Nourish since its my only cheap spell, and be VERY carefull with rejuve since its insanely expensive atm.

So all I do now is very carefully apply rejuve and lifebloom on tank, keep lifebloom up and refreshed by using nourish. When clearcast procs, I use regrowth for freebies. Once I break the 100k mana barrier I will be able to use rejuve more liberally, till then, its just casting slow sluggish low-healing spells (nourish) simply because its the only way to manage mana-output.

This saved me at least 80% mana compared to my old healing method, which I tried for a while because I was to stubborn. After each pack I was oom, with a mana pool of 70k mana. After my drastic change to cata-style healing, I rarely ever run oom and drink occasionally instead of compulsively. Its a big step, ill admit it, especially for druids/shamans and perhaps priests (not sure, never played priest) but once you get the hang of it, its actually much more fun because of the triage you have to apply and the challenge it offers!

Plus, you must not always blame yourself, you can actually blame the retard dps in your party/raid that is standing in the fire. Most dps is fairly clueless on what tactics to do since only tanks and healers are bothered to read up on tactics for the new encounters. They expect the tank to keep aggro and healer to keep em alive. Dont be frustrated when confronted with such incompetence, just let them bleed and die Repair cost will force them to actually wake the fuck up, works like a charm. Thats what I call triage.

Wotlk was merely a setback.

My wife and I quit for most of Wrath because they made tanking and healing not fun. How did they do that? Mana didn't mater, threat didn't mater, control didn't mater, basically you could ignore mechanics and still function.

Now we are back and loving it.

Sorry but if you can't keep up here is whats going on.

1.Your a bad healer. Wrong spells, wrong gear, wrong talents, etc.
    2.Your tank is bad. Not using buffs and debuffs, wrong gear, wrong talents, Standing in fire, etc.
    3 Your dps is bad. Same as above.
    4.Your tactics are wrong.
    5.Some combination of the above. I would bet this is the biggest problem.

For all of Vanilla and most of TBC mana was very important. Wotlk was a mistake and with any luck will never happen again. Based on subscription numbers I would bet that Blizzard will never make the wotlk mistake again, at least not purposely.

All I hear is QQQQQQQQQQQ

Obviously another wrath baby.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Buutch View Post
    Healing and tanking got harder because its supposed to be hard? And spamming heals and not getting out of mana makes no sense. With this "change", healers have to chose wisely what/who to heal and what healing spell to use.
    I like this change and it will make the game a bit more challenging.

EDIT: OPs title says it all.
    ^This, basically.

Blizzard has warned us for months that tanking and healing were going to become more difficult. Tanks were going to have to actually watch their threat and healers were going to have to learn mana management. I've come across a few healers that need to drink after every pull and a couple that are so good at managing it that I only see them take time to get mana back after a boss or two. I've always felt as though the game SHOULD be harder to play for certain roles. DPS is little more than positioning and mastering your rotation or defensive cooldowns if you have them. Tanking has always been about making sure the boss is in prime real estate for your DPS, that you're in range for heals, and mastering your rotation and defensive cooldowns as well. Healing has been about observational skills; healers sometimes need to practice the most situational awareness as they have to make sure they're not standing in anything terrible, make sure the tank is up, make sure the group is up, make sure that debuffs they can remove are gone when necessary, and now they have to make sure they don't sit there and spam their most expensive heal like gangbusters; they need to watch their mana.

And that's the key right there; they're harder, but in the end who gets all of the glory? As a raid leader, I've complimented my DPS on being able to kill the boss, but most of the praise goes to the tank that was able to keep the chaos of the fight under control or the healer that was keeping everyone alive. DPS are as important a role as Healers or Tanks, don't get me wrong. In general, however, Tanks and Healers get the praise for a fight that goes extremely well.

The reward system is pretty much:

DPS: You guys get the big numbers you want; you get to feel like you're really tearing something a new asshole. It's self-indulgence.

Tanks: We get praised for our ability to control bad situations; we also shoulder some of the blame for failed attempts a lot of the time.

Healers: These guys get and deserve the most praise as they deal with the most shit as of now. A good healer is a dime a dozen, but a GREAT healer is hard to find. Healers often shoulder MOST of the blame for a failed attempt.

They're all intangible rewards, but they make us feel good; doing well gives us a high. For great Tanks and Healers, the high of a job well done is far greater than that of DPS, which is, as I said earlier, self-indulgence.

As a tank, I can honestly say that Cataclysm has gone far to improve a lot of what made Wrath kind of easy. I want to be tested; I don't want to just stand there and consecrate/hotr spam when I can be moving around, showing my actual skill as a tank.

Funny to read all the warnings to people about replying with troll responses when it's obviously a troll thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzraptor View Post
    The point is that in Cata your entire healing rotation is fundamentally changed. For example, Im a resto druid, before I used to blanket everything with rejuve, lifebloom (now only able on 1 target) and the occasional wild growth. Now, I have to spam Nourish since its my only cheap spell, and be VERY carefull with rejuve since its insanely expensive atm.

So all I do now is very carefully apply rejuve and lifebloom on tank, keep lifebloom up and refreshed by using nourish. When clearcast procs, I use regrowth for freebies. Once I break the 100k mana barrier I will be able to use rejuve more liberally, till then, its just casting slow sluggish low-healing spells (nourish) simply because its the only way to manage mana-output.

This saved me at least 80% mana compared to my old healing method, which I tried for a while because I was to stubborn. After each pack I was oom, with a mana pool of 70k mana. After my drastic change to cata-style healing, I rarely ever run oom and drink occasionally instead of compulsively. Its a big step, ill admit it, especially for druids/shamans and perhaps priests (not sure, never played priest) but once you get the hang of it, its actually much more fun because of the triage you have to apply and the challenge it offers!

Plus, you must not always blame yourself, you can actually blame the retard dps in your party/raid that is standing in the fire. Most dps is fairly clueless on what tactics to do since only tanks and healers are bothered to read up on tactics for the new encounters. They expect the tank to keep aggro and healer to keep em alive. Dont be frustrated when confronted with such incompetence, just let them bleed and die Repair cost will force them to actually wake the fuck up, works like a charm. Thats what I call triage.

Wotlk was merely a setback.
    Nice post, worth quoting to show my support and applaud! /clap (no, not sarcastic)

sigh..

1 word clears it all..

"Wotlkgeneration"

Me: Hey paladin, why are you going out of mana on every pull?
    Paladin: Welcome to cata!
    Me: Why are you spamming nothing but flash of light?
    Paladin: ....

I've had healers go OOM on every pull and there are some skilled ones that never run out. You just have to relearn how to heal and not just spam 1 button now.
    This space for rent.

Bads will always be bad. I always assume people who take the time to go to forums and read up on stuff are the smart players who have relativity little trouble adapting to changes in the game and relish the challenge. That may be why I never see the point of those "How to..." threads. I always think, "Dude, the people here know not to stand in fire. Stop wasting your time." It's clear that even forums have their fair share of LCD's.

Deleted
    I just got a group to Halls of Origanation and it was the best group i have been in so far plus i suddenly learned how to heal as a shaman.

Our group CC´ed! Man im glad that we have CC in this game lol. It makes everyting so much easier. Our tank often popped his def trinkets and abilities which maked it all a lot more easier. Our dps didnt stood in the AoE´s and stuff.
    I also learned that big heals arent good to spam anymore so i began to spam my small heals and riptide tank and so on. Went a lot more smoother

But i must say that im still a bit "Oh noes!" everytime i go into a dungeon with a group because i fear its a sucky group and i would really like to get that off my shoulders.

All in all it was just a perfect group.

Quote Originally Posted by GenesisZero View Post
    First off I play Disc priest and I can tell you this is the worst position I've been in ages. Now a few problems I have been having are -

1. My heals aren't Strong enough, If I get feared, Knocked out or any other disable whilst the group is taking damage as well as the tank then I haven't got time, mana nor the power to bring people to a safe level. and judging by scaling its just going to get worse as health pools increase to absurd amounts and heals barely increase, it will become a fairly steep downward spiral.

2. My Mana just doesn't last long enough, I have a grand total of 2 Cooldowns (Archangel Excluded since the nerf made it pointless). One of these makes me channel it leaving me unable to move/heal without wasting the cooldown and the other seem to not be hitting as fast as it should to make it really worth it, will both on long cooldowns.

3. Encounters and Mobs hit entirely to hard. Third boss in Lost City comes to mind. 100%-50% a little taxing but easily manageable. Then the shadow realm phase, that's when the s*** hits the fan. So the tank is taking a hefty beating so Heal won't really cut it, break out the Greater heal to top him off. So the group is taking insane damage from AoE and Prayer of Healing is weak as hell (and the Aegis lasts for all of about a second). One member of the party takes a damage spike, break out the flash heal to top him off. but at the same time the tank is spiking real bad so flash heal him, now by this point I've used all my Cooldowns and im borderline OOM. This is on Heroic btw.

Its not that I don't agree with Blizzards views on healing, I agree with them completely. The problem is that they have gone to far in the other direction. They nerfed mana cooldowns and returns across the board, they made spells cost more mana and then heal less meaning that your using more mana to keep people beyond the brink of death. Till Blizzard really sorts it out im afraid to heal, I really am. There is Manageable and then there is the down-right insane and RNG that most of the fights come with.
    ^ All of this is true, but another thing for you non-healers out there telling us priest to stop qqing. Why dont you start reading. You are supposed to be healing yourselves. That right there is the biggest problem. I was in a random yesterday with a Shadow priest. They were like "aren't you going to heal us?" I said your a priest you have heals, do you not see me over here eating and not wasting my mana to heal out of combat. Tanks also need to learn when to use their gcd's. Blizzard really did screw healers out of healing and this is not qqing this is the truth. If someone is getting hit for 20k a hit like tanks are then my heal should heal for atleast 15k on a faster cast time then 3 sec. (which is the same as my greater heal) does this make sense i dont think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Oopsmezedya View Post
    Before every healer was welcome because even if you didnt have the greatest heals or greatest utility atleast you could fulfill your roll at 100% for the entire fight

Now that certain classes like the priest who have no magic ability to give huge chunks of there mana back are going to run out of mana mid way through the fight, you just cant risk even bringing one along, atleast when mana was infinite you could still get by, now no raid will take priests or even shamans if you have all the class buffs that you need, this was proven by top guild PARAGON having ZERO gimp healing priests in their raids, only shadow

Making mana matter was just a stupid move, i thought blizz realized by now people dont want to manage another bar on top of everyones hp bar, manage mana, manage buffs, manage other playeres debuffs, manage heals, WHERE DOES IT END BLIZZARD?

why did dpsing become even more face rolling but healing and even TANKing of all things had to get harder, like we really need tanking to be more resistant to players, wtf is blizzard thinking, do they even care what their players want anymore?

Inb4 Trolls talking about QQ at valid points
    In WOLTK disc priest were OP in pvp. Never run out of mana, cannot be mana drained, almost unkillable... Yeah you got nerfed just because of that. We hutners got same fate and now are pretty much last on food chain in pvp and almost useless in pve. Face it or rage quit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lots of flaming and trolling in this thread... best it be closed

[Locked]