Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Cata lacks content.

Vanilla WoW gave us two huge continents, eventually 9 -man instances tuned for max lvl (including some massive ones, such as BRD with it´s 18 bosses - would easily be 4 or 5-wing instance by todays standards).
    It also carried no less then 6 major raid instances, in addition to world bosses and Onyxia-style short encounters.

Burning Crusade offered a sizeable continent of 8 quest areas, a new major city, and no less then 14 max lvl instances on release, with a 15th eventually added. BC again offered 6 major raids instances to explore, not even counting short encounters such as Gruul or Magtheridon.

WoTLK gave us Northrend, a massive new continent of 10 areas, a new city and no less then 16 five-mans instances that could be enjoyed at heroic mode, (despite these heroic modes being rather undertuned). Admittably, WotLK was a major dissapointment in terms of raid instances, offering only 2 true raid instances (Ulduar and Icecrown) compared to the 6 of Vanilla (ZG, Molten Core, Blackwing Lair, Ruins and Temple of AQ, Naxx) and the 6 of BC (Kara, Tempest Keep, SSC, Black Temple, ZA and Sunwell).

Cata comes with a grand total of... five new questing areas for max lvl players, and seven instances?
    There are more relevant instances you can run by lvl 30 then at lvl 85.

Dudes, where is the other half of my expantion content?

(I have enough alts by now, thank you)

you do realize that some of those instances and raids you mentioned were patched in? Right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    And, on a more hostile sidenote that I can't put in a news post. Seriously, who the fuck takes mmowned as a reliable source to the point where news sites will just repost it without any double check? Now I'm sad, or mad, or both. I don't know. >
    Thanks Boub for this epic sig! lol.

You think the new instances aren't relevant? Do you know what the places are? Have you quested through the zone that gives quests that lead into them?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Cata is a "back to basics" expansion, imo. The things you may miss in Vanilla will probably be back in some regard with this expansion.
    Official Thread Killer

I like how you're comparing the full patch cycles of previous expansions with the very start of Cata. I guess you think Blizzard isn't going to add any content at all and just wait until the next expansion.

Assuming you're not trolling or just begging for attention, may I direct you towards pretty much any beta videos out there, and/or impressions from just about any beta testers. Cataclysm has a lot more content than TBC or Wrath had upon release, and it's better. The 5 new zones are bigger in total than Northrend and Outland.

Wrath also launched with 2 new one boss raid instances and a rehashed and awful raid in the form of Naxx. If you're going to tell me Cataclysm's launch raid content is not up to that standard, well, you're going to be wrong. Let's not forget Cataclysm is launching with 2 new battlegrounds as well as finally giving us rated battlegrounds, which is far beyond what TBC and Wrath offered for PvP.

I could go on, but mostly I'm just assuming this is a cry for attention in some form or another. Content is absolutely not something that Cataclysm misses on; quite the contrary.
    Last edited by Pepitobenito; 2010-12-05 at 06:37 AM.

The other half of your expansion is coming in MAJOR CONTENT PATCHES, dummy.

You know, like everything in WotLK after Naxx and Obsidian Sanctum?

Ulduar was not avilable with release of WotLK.
    ToC 5, 10, and 25 were not available with release.
    ICC was not available with release, nor were the THREE 5 mans.
    RS was not available with release.

i dont even know why im pissed off at this post

if you dont appreciate the work blizz put into this expansion, then go find another game .. they recreated the whole of azeroth , including the lowbie instances AND so many more features like guild leveling and quests which are more fun..jeez

Quote Originally Posted by Fairenad View Post
    Dudes, where is the other half of my expantion content?

It's still in 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Begottenson View Post
    you do realize that some of those instances and raids you mentioned were patched in? Right?
    Obviously he doesn't...

Two words: Content Patches. The majority of the raid instances you mentioned were added in on a patch.

You also forgot to include that Cataclysm also features 2 completely redesigned contents and remapped, new, quests.

It was a rhetorical question. Kind of like his post. Keyboard turner is right for his forum title.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    And, on a more hostile sidenote that I can't put in a news post. Seriously, who the fuck takes mmowned as a reliable source to the point where news sites will just repost it without any double check? Now I'm sad, or mad, or both. I don't know. >
    Thanks Boub for this epic sig! lol.

Firelands , wota , deathwing raid will be patched in. They also plan on adding at least three more 5mans . At the start of the expansion you get bastion of Twilight 4 bosses plus one extra one , Blackwing 2.0 6 bosses , Throne of four wind with 2 bosses ,and voa 2.0 hell of a lot more then wrath had at start. plus two bgs
    Last edited by turlyonlost to tirion wtf; 2010-12-05 at 06:46 AM.
    "The sky's will rain fire." "The oceans will boil." "The streets will run red with the blood of billions only then when your last pitiful hope is extinguished will I end your life lets go."

i'm pretty sure we have these things called major content patches that well......add major content. They redid all of the old world, you musta missed that. And also, i think somewhere they said with every raid they release, they will release a new 5 man. Don't quote me on that tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairenad View Post
    Cata comes with a grand total of... five new questing areas for max lvl players, and seven instances?
    There are more relevant instances you can run by lvl 30 then at lvl 85.
    5 questing areas, 2 major cities, 4 raids (at release), 8 new 5 mans (at release), 2 redone 5 mans, and a rework of 2 continents. Yup, definitely sounds lacking in comparison...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by big deal View Post
    i dont even know why im pissed off at this post

if you dont appreciate the work blizz put into this expansion, then go find another game .. they recreated the whole of azeroth , including the lowbie instances AND so many more features like guild leveling and quests which are more fun..jeez
    Is it maybe because he's disregarding the fact that previous content was completely revamped (content that took 4 years to make). Or perhaps, that most of the things he refers to were released in patches? Or maybe that he's even counting vanilla as an expansion aswell?

yeah that made me pretty pissed too, people are dull these days..

They completely remade the entirety of Azeroth, completely overhauled the entire talent system, as well as many of the core UI functions, added the most ambitious and interactive profession to date.

The new zones are easily the best and most enjoyable questing experience I have had in any game, and most of that carries over to however many thousands of quests they had to put into the 1-60 zones, too.

There are 9 new heroic mode instances counting Deadmines and SFK, and on that note, almost every instance in the game got the same treatment as the outdoor zones.

More work went into Cataclysm than the vast majority of games get in their entire lifetime. Even if somehow you still consider this a lack of content I would say to you, quality trumps quantity every day of the week, and I can say from experience that Cataclysm has it in spades.

If that's still not good enough for you I really hope you aren't a hypocrite, and abstain from buying the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Slanter View Post
    5 questing areas, 2 major cities, 4 raids (at release), 8 new 5 mans (at release), 2 redone 5 mans, and a rework of 2 continents. Yup, definitely sounds lacking in comparison...
    I don't say "this" very often but...This.

lacks
    That word...I do not think it means what you think it means