Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question How to Level Mining to Max in Cata quickly

Ok, dear all MMO-champers, I am aiming to get realm first mining, and I doubt I would be able to do it without your help. Examples would like would be if anyone has some nodes marked out on the zone map, also any tips in general from people who have levelled it on the Beta would be very appreciated, thanks

The addon of gatherer may have a database for Cata if it was tested during the beta and everything stays the same. I would suggest looking into that or seeing if there is anyone out there who is going to have a Cata guide up on the day it starts.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

If your an engineer there is a mining helm which gives +5 mining, apart from that make sure you have an extra pair of gloves enchanted with gatherer for when you get to a node that is to high for you. Use these enchants when you aren't high enough to mine the node but take them off if the node is green to increase your chance of getting a skill point.

Set your hearth to the small town in The Wetlands or as close to Twighlight Highlands as you can get.

Log out at the flight trainer in Dalaran so you can train flight training and mining when servers go live. Mine in Sholazar, WG or Icecrown until you are 465-470 (depending on what enchants you have), you have to be able to mine elementium which is 475. Once you can mine nodes that are 475 head straight to Twighlight highlands and mine Elementium to your hearts content.

I did this on beta and was 525 in about 50-55 minutes., here's the path I used.

Will that route be useable by herbalists? As a tauren druid with 465 skill + gloves i'll only need 5 skill before I need to push the final herbs.

Herbs are a bit different, TH herbs require 525 (without enchants)to pick. I think you'll have to go to Uldum first and pick Whiptail which can be found along the rivers running through the middle of the Uldum map and requires 500 (without enchants) to pick. Herbs are all over the map in abundence in TH but there is only Twighlight Jasmine (the 525 herb) or Cinderbloom (low level herb, 425 to pick). So probably Icecrown > Uldum > TH for herbs. Leatherworkers can make Herbalists gloves which are +5, plus I think you can put a low level enchant on those but i'm not 100% sure.
    Last edited by Daffyduck; 2010-12-05 at 12:14 PM.

Ok brilliant, thank you. What level will lichbloom go green? IE will I be able to take it to 500?

Gloves: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=9146
    Enchant: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=13868

I wouldn't think 500 for Lichbloom, maybe Icethorn and Frost Lotus will though, so Stormpeaks may be the best place to go for herbs. Take those gloves/enchants off while your herb low level herbs so you can gain points for as long as possible.

Ok i'm thinking my route will be:

1)Storm Peaks till 500
    2)Fly to Dalaran and use the CoT portal
    3)Fly into Uldum and herb there till 525 with enchants
    4)Hearthstone to Hammerfall
    5)Fly into Twilight Highlands and finish it up.

You see any problems with that?

Nope, looks good. If you can get the gloves and the enchant you'll be able to herb Uldum at 490 and TH at 515 though because you'll get +10 with gloves/enchant.

I can get the enchant no problem, don't know about the gloves though.

I think most LW's should have them, i'd hope they would anyway but shouldn't be much drama without. It will make life easier though.

Watch out for the crocs in Uldum though! ;p

that's the beauty of flight form + fast herbing skill. It shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks for all your help

Deleted
    Okey so for realm first mining you do this:

450-470 mining in Ice grown (with +5 on gloves)

Then go to twilight highlands and mine their till 525

EDIT: silly me, nevermind.

Good luck everyone.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffyduck View Post
    Log out at the flight trainer in Dalaran so you can train flight training and mining when servers go live. Mine in Sholazar, WG or Icecrown until you are 465-470 (depending on what enchants you have), you have to be able to mine elementium which is 475. Once you can mine nodes that are 475 head straight to Twighlight highlands and mine Elementium to your hearts content.
    How did you find mob aggro and node respawns? I was considering doing this, as you must be level 82 to get to Deepholm. I had already planned to zerg some Saronite in Icecrown to reach 470; but if there is a good selection of "clear" nodes in Twilight Highlands, I will simply head straight there after hitting 470. If there are too many mobs near nodes though, this could end up being quite a nightmare, as a level 80 is very unlikely to be able to take on a hard-hitting level 85 mob without getting annihilated.

There is going to be a lot of competition on my server, too. Not only will I be a few hours behind because of work, but there will be dozens of miners that do the exact same thing. I expect Twilight Highlands nodes to be on cooldown constantly, due to so many miners tapping them out almost straight away - and especially by the time I get on.
    Last edited by Geckomayhem; 2010-12-06 at 02:00 AM.
    For the Alliance!

Mobs aren't too bad if you follow the path on the map, other areas will get a bit tricky. Just be aware of mobs around you and you'll get to know the areas you need to watch. Most of the nodes are clear though. Have nameplates active, so you can see the mobs easier.

The spawn rate is fairly fast so unless the zone is totally packed with miners you should be ok. Lets hope they don't see this thread lol.

How is that path for herbing? I have both on my Druid so I'm tempted to not bother with a realm first and simply get both up to high enough for TH first.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiwyn View Post
    How did you find mob aggro and node respawns? I was considering doing this, as you must be level 82 to get to Deepholm. I had already planned to zerg some Saronite in Icecrown to reach 470; but if there is a good selection of "clear" nodes in Twilight Highlands, I will simply head straight there after hitting 470. If there are too many mobs near nodes though, this could end up being quite a nightmare, as a level 80 is very unlikely to be able to take on a hard-hitting level 85 mob without getting annihilated..
    I also didn't have any aggro problems on Beta, except the few times I pushed my luck to see how close I could cut it.

The rested XP from mining/herbing will help your leveling as well, so you won't be 80 for long - even if all you are doing is node-hopping.

I got to 82 quite quickly, even though mining nodes weren't giving XP at the time, and flying the circle of Deepholm was a mining/herbing paradise as well. Seems like about half the nodes didn't have any mobs near them.

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownSoldier View Post
    How is that path for herbing? I have both on my Druid so I'm tempted to not bother with a realm first and simply get both up to high enough for TH first.
    Read up a bit.