Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickensoup23 View Post
    People say it's gonna be way harder than WotLK.

I've been playing since TBC and I've experienced prog raiding, (t5 & t7/8/9) with a high-end guild, and honestly I consider myself pretty good at this game. When I'll level I plan on running dungeons with guildies, etc.

Will I consider cata "hard"? I don't think so. The difficulty meter is different for everyone guys, someone new might have more trouble.
    Blizz said it would be harder. Every said it. For me, I don't think it will be a dungeon wipe fest, or I'll have trouble making quests and downing raid bosses, I think it'll be just like WotLK; different for everyone. No, I'm not bragging or anything here, just what I think.

Just my 2c.
    -Chicken
    I'mma let you finish in a minute but, Cata is the hardest expansion I have ever played.
    - Kanye West

10+ Year Old Account
    I love these threads.
    "Some people say Cata will be hard... BUT NOT FOR ME BECAUSE I CLEARED BT PRE-NERF AND RAIDED VANILLA"
    Yeah, okay. Cool. Cata will be harder than WoTLK. It's obvious that this won't be a problem for you.
    No need to make a thread on it, really.

WotLK had the most difficult bosses ever seen in the game.

It also had the easiest.

I just hope Cataclysm heroics are enough to keep me awake. I hope that by the end of Cataclysm, I'm not absolutely HATING having to do them one more time. I hope that when I need gear from them, or need to do them routinely, it won't feel like sticking needles in my eyes again.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaya View Post
    Well I know for a fact I won't be whining about the difficulty of new instances, yet I really am lookin forward to the new dungs/raids.. not a valid point, sorry
    Some are going to whine! Wanna bet???

and those people that will be whining, are also the ones that thinks they are good players. Wanna bet on that one too???

hey guys i think i see some greener grass right over there /points

same rules still apply

business wise Cata is intended to draw in as many new and returning players as possible and end WoWs period of flatline population growth and poor retention figures

that means "accessibility"

leveling is easier and faster than it's ever been

people don't play long term if they don't have something to do

Blizzard wants as many people to see the end game raid content as possible so they keep playing

long story short: more of the same and don't kid yourself
    Last edited by sleekit; 2010-12-05 at 10:31 AM.
    Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

Quote Originally Posted by sleekit View Post

same rules still apply

business wise Cata is intended to draw in as many new and returning players as possible and end WoWs period of flatline population growth

Blizzard wants as many people to see the end game raid content as possible so they keep playing

Please don't bring up this crap again.

Allowing people to see content is one thing, making content super easy to do it is another.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoelle View Post
    Yo. Obivous stuff is obvious.

If u CC, avoid damage, learn your rotation, gem correctly, enchant correctly, tank correctly and heal properly. Then it isnt hard...
    Well all that is the "hard" part. (Which actualy isnt hard)
    The main problem with all these posts is that only the fewest on this forum thinks they are bad. and only the fewest thinks that they are "the so called" WOTLK Noob

and if u really think u are bad....then u wont whine. Instead u will L2P (knowing you are bad is one step closer to becoming good)

maybe im bad, i dont know. i'm a wotlk hero. I refused to gem stamina untill TOC. I wanted Avoindance trinkets untill TOC. (offtank mainly, so i guess its legit in some way)

The point is:
    The one who is saying: "I look forward to the new raids and dungeon", is also the one that is going to whine about the difficulty of the new instances
    I spent the vast majority of Vanilla and TBC being terrible (by modern definitions); I first used addons in ToC. I'd never research anything but boss fights (my specs weren't THAT bad, really). I was seldom fully enchanted/gemmed. My gear was sub-optimal. At the very beginning I needed nearly everything (hey, it's all hunter gear anyways). I tried tanking as a pally in vanilla, back when concertratation was holy only, I was unable to hold aggro on more than one mob at a time. I recently learned that Dire Maul and Maraduan were added in a content patch (I was litterally clueless until Naxx). I knew NOTHING about other classes. I used a green statless bow until 40ish. I used rough arrows until Naxx (again clueless). I had multiple quivers. I did have a +int set. I didn't figure out how to talk in general chat until level 30. I am sure as hell not a Scarab Lord. I used to stand in the fire (for berserking, back when it gave haste based upon the percentage of your health). I hardly ever misdirected. I used aspect of viper barely ever. I occasionally left pack on in BGs. I didn't get a regular mount until 60. I got my epic mount soon after (thank you TBC). I'd repair a single item at a time. And worst of all, I never used my bank.

TL;DR: The only way that you get better is by practice; I am happy to say at this point I have played every class, and I am aware of sites where I can improve. For me Wrath will always be memorable as it's when I grew the most skill wise (since my expontential growth early on). Being a "wrath baby" is nothing to be ashamed of, in fact , it is probably better than if you weren't (hell I am sure the content is a lot more fun if you haven't done some of the best TBC and Vanilla fights pre-nerf).
    Last edited by godofslack; 2010-12-05 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Err... long-winded

10+ Year Old Account
    Lamp. Near the town of chair, in the country Coffee Table.
    Personally im loving the new dungeons, all the bosses seem to have alot of abilities that you cant ignore. Got their very own fight tactics that you need to stick to to survive, gona love it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YankeePhan1234 View Post
    Anyone that played in BC won't have a problem imo, its the Wrath babies that will do MAJOR QQ.
    That doesn't mean they cannot learn. I mean, you learned so why not them too?

here are my thoughts:

at the start of wrath, heroics werent that easy. i started out tanking as dk in smithing blues and i had like 22k hp and wasnt even completely crit immune. wiped quite a bit here and there, and some heroics werent doable from start completely -> gun drak, hol, hos. when i finally got some epics heroic drops and coud craft some epics and got some rep items things started to get easier, not much wiping anymore.

thats when i started to raid naxx, and in full epic gear heroics werent hard anymore.
    with 232 gear doing heroics started to been rushed trough. as it is now, you even dont need a tank anymore.

now with cataclysm were you cant get epics in heroics anymore, but still via crafting and rep rewards i think it will be the same in a slight lesser curve.

Quote Originally Posted by mordrac View Post
    here are my thoughts:

at the start of wrath, heroics werent that easy. i started out tanking as dk in smithing blues and i had like 22k hp and wasnt even completely crit immune. wiped quite a bit here and there, and some heroics werent doable from start completely -> gun drak, hol, hos. when i finally got some epics heroic drops and coud craft some epics and got some rep items things started to get easier, not much wiping anymore.

thats when i started to raid naxx, and in full epic gear heroics werent hard anymore.
    with 232 gear doing heroics started to been rushed trough. as it is now, you even dont need a tank anymore.

now with cataclysm were you cant get epics in heroics anymore, but still via crafting and rep rewards i think it will be the same in a slight lesser curve.
    Heroics in Wrath were never any where near the level of Heroics in TBC, at any stage.

Simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotharion View Post
    Please don't bring up this crap again.

Allowing people to see content is one thing, making content super easy to do it is another.
    seems i wasn't actually around when i brought it up the first time.

so let me ask you then: what else do you think they are gonna do ?

this is a company who are now extremely slow between raid tier patches

if that continues there appears to be no other option other than to continuously make content easier as the tier gets older so the vast majority of players get to see it so they remain engaged with the product thereby pissing off people who want exclusivity

oh and at no point are they gonna cut the majority out of progression by not allowing them easy access to gear to enable them to face the next teir once it is out.
    Last edited by sleekit; 2010-12-05 at 10:42 AM.
    Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

I believei t was total biscuit who said something along the lines of *I dont want the game to lower itself ot my level, I want to raise myself to the level of the game*. And I agree with this totally.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some are going to whine! Wanna bet???

and those people that will be whining, are also the ones that thinks they are good players. Wanna bet on that one too???
    I agree some will, but you said :
    The point is:
    The one who is saying: "I look forward to the new raids and dungeon", is also the one that is going to whine about the difficulty of the new instances
    You were saying everyone will, idiot.
    And about those ppl that will QQ about the toughness of cata instances will not necessarily have to be the ones who think theyre good.. it can also be the bad ones already who simply can't play.
    Stop putting all players into 1 single category

edit: you/he
    Last edited by Chaya; 2010-12-05 at 10:42 AM.

Have a Nice Day ™...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CheckYoSix View Post
    I believei t was total biscuit who said something along the lines of *I dont want the game to lower itself ot my level, I want to raise myself to the level of the game*. And I agree with this totally.
    With in reason, it would be stupid to go from H UK to HM 25 LK in difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotharion View Post
    Heroics in Wrath were never any where near the level of Heroics in TBC, at any stage.

Simple.
    i never said anything about bc heroics. so i dont understand why you had to bring it up.

edit:
    the problem why wrath heroics became so easy is the itemlvl crazyness that happend.

where did bc epics start? ilvl 115.
    where did bc epics end? ilvl 164.
    -> thats a 49 ilvl difference low end to high end.

where did wrath epics start? ilvl 200
    where did wrath epics end? ilvl 284
    -> 84 ilvls difference

to be on the same niveau of bc ilvl 245 stuff might come the closest. thats when heroics were run through.

now, would anyone say that doing heroics in sunwell gear was in anyway hard? i bet no.
    Last edited by mordrac; 2010-12-05 at 10:52 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sleekit View Post

same rules still apply

business wise Cata is intended to draw in as many new and returning players as possible and end WoWs period of flatline population growth and poor retention figures

Yeah, i predict the same.... sadly -.-

Have a Nice Day ™...

Being creative and thinking for your self is the way .....and WOTLK brought to life so many "noobs"
    sometimes i really feel sorry for these guys who think thier high GS make them good players and boost thier e=peen so much that they forgot they are still fuckign clickers, keyboard turners using default interface ect.
    Such a guys will suffer and will cry and then WILL CRY SOME MORE and hopefuly will quit and i couldn't care less for such a trash,ignorant players that refused to learn the basics for a whole expansion !
    And this is not a prediction this will happned for sure and i ll have so much fun watching it :-) !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaya View Post
    oh, sorry - 4 bosses then! wotlk must've been fuckin hard ass motherfuckin mode cuz of 4 raid bosses..
    My point was still that it was a stupidly easy expansion though xD
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

sorry lolipopp but Blizzard doesn't actually care about "skillz"
    they (and their shareholders) care about $$$

gee thx Brox...