Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Cata is HARD /QQ

People say it's gonna be way harder than WotLK.

I've been playing since TBC and I've experienced prog raiding, (t5 & t7/8/9) with a high-end guild, and honestly I consider myself pretty good at this game. When I'll level I plan on running dungeons with guildies, etc.

Will I consider cata "hard"? I don't think so. The difficulty meter is different for everyone guys, someone new might have more trouble.
    Blizz said it would be harder. Every said it. For me, I don't think it will be a dungeon wipe fest, or I'll have trouble making quests and downing raid bosses, I think it'll be just like WotLK; different for everyone. No, I'm not bragging or anything here, just what I think.

Just my 2c.
    -Chicken

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickensoup23 View Post
    People say it's gonna be way harder than WotLK.

I've been playing since TBC and I've experienced prog raiding, (t5 & t7/8/9) with a high-end guild, and honestly I consider myself pretty good at this game. When I'll level I plan on running dungeons with guildies, etc.

Will I consider cata "hard"? I don't think so. The difficulty meter is different for everyone guys, someone new might have more trouble.
    Blizz said it would be harder. Every said it. For me, I don't think it will be a dungeon wipe fest, or I'll have trouble making quests and downing bosses, I think it'l be just a bit like WotLK... = it's different for everyone. No, I'm not bragging or anything here, just saying.

Just my 2c.
    -Chicken
    Al'Akir will be a wipe fest, that I can assure.

Anyone that played in BC won't have a problem imo, its the Wrath babies that will do MAJOR QQ.

User was banned for this post.
    Last edited by Chelly; 2010-12-05 at 10:14 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I can't wait for those 'harder' instances.

15+ Year Old Account
    it's harder in a way that if you don't do it right your in for a wipefest but obviously if you cc the right targets and stay out of the right stuff it won't be hard

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Done every heroic on Cataclysm in the non heroic raid gear(as well as heroic blue gear). We didnt even use CC for the t11 standard gear. Only used 1, on the real harsh mobs in the blue heroic gear which is about right. Its gear from that instance, so its on par.. So for folk hoping that the "need to CC" will last ages. Wouldnt hold your breath. Granted I was doing it with a prebuild guild member group , and we're all experienced players.

In terms of raid, encounters are not difficult, per se. Just with the exclusion of some end instance bosses in WotLK, most were basic 1 mechanic fights. Cataclysm encounters are using multiple mechanics which effect all classes, and some that may just effect certain roles so the encounters should in theory have a bit more longlevity and be more exciting. This meant that encounters were a lot more forgiving, and although there were those exceptions I mentioned in general the content was easier.

The only real term of difficulty in my eyes will be the people you end up associating yourself with. If you have a bunch of people who play at the best of their ability then you will clear the content regardless of playtime (Casual/Average/Hardcore) but if you play with a bunch of dullards then yes, the content may appear hard. That in my opinion will hopefully seperate casual+hardcore GOOD players from casual+hardcore BAD players (Doesnt matter if you raid 7 days a week. If you cant play your class you aint gonna kill shit)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maridia View Post
    Personally, I can't wait for those 'harder' instances.
    Agreed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Modify View Post
    it's harder in a way that if you don't do it right your in for a wipefest but obviously if you cc the right targets and stay out of the right stuff it won't be hard
    To be fair if you do anything right it isn't hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you'll find a pleasant surprise in dungeons, OP, especially the heroics.
    Overestimate them instead of underestimating them, you'll have a hell of a better time if you do.
    "After dealing with about 10 000 patients over the last 15 years, I would say that over 200 different medical conditions respond favorably to cannabis."
    - The late Dr. Tod Mikuriya, MD, interview in The Union: The business behind getting high
    Former national administrator of the U.S. Government's marijuana research programs
    http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/home

10+ Year Old Account
    Being someone that did Cataclysm heroics in each stage of the beta, by the time we're a couple months into tier 11 content the heroics will be a joke. Those first two months, however, shall be a glorious, shining period of time. Having been a healer since 2005 and knowing the shaman class inside and out, I was challenged by H OoC. The Sun Construct is a bitch and half to heal through in blues.
    http://fredplz.wordpress.com/ - Thoughts of an obsessive Resto Shaman

It's already started in the lowbie dungeons. I've been running on alts since the Shattering patch and I can safely say that the difficulty on the bosses in all dungeons has been upped. Shadowfang Keep in particular is quite a challenge at level 20, especially a PuG.

I'm not saying all the revamped dungeons are difficult, but they're not "lolfaceroll"s anymore.

Deleted
    "harder" doesn't mean wipe-fest. It simply means that it won't be faceroll.

Deleted
    You might not concider it 'hard', but it is harder. That has nothing to do with your personal meter, the dungeons are just plain harder than they were in WotLK. And from what I can tell the bosses are also harder than the bosses in TBC heroics were, the trash is easier though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by godofslack View Post
    To be fair if you do anything right it isn't hard.
    obviously, but that isn't wotlk atm you can screw up pretty bad and still win

If only raids only involved a single person who knew what they were doing. They don't. They involve people of a wide range of knowledge and skill. What's more, even if everyone in a raid knows what to do - it still doesn't guarantee the raid will be a success, as you have to work together in synergy.

So, you claiming to be a good player has no bearing, in my opinion, on how much your raids/heroics will wipe.

In Wotlk a good tank, good healer, or even a good durable DPS could carry a group of total noobs through a heroic. In Cata that won't be the case (at least to begin with). In fact I suspect it will be players who think they are great who'll be the ones who cause the problems. Trying to solo random heroic mobs and getting owned etc. Mages who think they can proc all their beasty cooldowns at the beginning of a boss fight and then bitch at the tank for not holding aggro. Big headed tanks who think they can take 2-3 packs at once then bitch at the healers for letting them die.

We've seen it all before. We'll see it all again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played in TBC and I sometimes wonder why people say the game isnt hard enough. Have you even done 25man HM LK encounter or are you stuck on putricide 25man normal, face rolling upto him and realising your to bad to get past?

If complain about the game being to hard, go fight LK 25HC and get the title, then come back and say the games to easy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by YankeePhan1234 View Post
    Anyone that played in BC won't have a problem imo, its the Wrath babies that will do MAJOR QQ.
    this i will agree on. And im guessing the wrath ppl will qq and blizz will do some sort of nerf which i dont want and i knowalot of tbc and pre tbc players dont want

Hi just like the OP I too will stroke my epeen and say I have downed all progression from vanilla to the current. Now back to the topic. WOTLK babied a lot of wow players. This mentality that grew in WOTLK will fail and hit a brick wall in Cataclysm. I definitely foresee a drop in tanks and healers in LFD.

The progression guilds will progress while the casual guilds will struggle on heroic modes. Simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugmán View Post
    this i will agree on. And im guessing the wrath ppl will qq and blizz will do some sort of nerf which i dont want and i knowalot of tbc and pre tbc players dont want
    It won't happen, there was plenty of terri-bad QQ on the beta and only one boss was nerfed; Blizzard would rather have content that takes 4 months to beat than content that takes 2 weeks to beat (then they have to rush the next Patch or deal with Naxx, ToC, and ICC syndrome).

Now I can slow down on posting WOOT!
    Last edited by godofslack; 2010-12-05 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Woot Dreadlord

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    for the baddies it'll be hard, yes.
    But simply because instances will take more time and preperation they wont neccesarily be hard

Have a Nice Day ™...