Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    I feel like a kid on Christmas morning! I can't wait to get my Shadow Lab type CC back on!
    Everything looks tough, it's just a matter of the content not getting nerfed without cause. Which I'm shockingly optimistic will happen.
    Same here... God I miss the CC.

OT: Cataclysm is supposed to have easy set up (like a Mage providing the Flametongue Totem buff, or Enhancement Shammie with their 10% AP buff) and Hard encounters. Let's look at it this way: You players are Sugar. Instances are Eggs. If you mix them together, you get Eggnog!
    In other words: Funnier with harder consept.

I'm actually looking forward to some more added difficulty. I do suppose that once we start outgearing dungeons, much like what happened after ulduar, that things will become more faceroll, but old content rarely gets rescaled because some people are progessing with all the new patchs while others arnt' able to or have no desire to.

New content is exciting as it is though. Whether it be harder or more casual/easier, its gonna be exciting.

They will be hard, hardly any of the bosses can be tank and spanked from what I've seen. You will have to outgear them heavily for them to be a walkthrough but you will still have to use your head. Trash is also hard, if people slack on CC things can get pretty hectic and tanks are taking a beating, healers are getting oom, dps are standing in shit.

I can't wait to do some guild runs but am I hell going anywhere near the LFG tool.
    STFU and kill shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadow Labrynth, Even T6 guys had hard time with the Ogre boss.

Im a tank. I think cata will be hard because people will continue spliting dps like morons and attacking before the tank does...

Quote Originally Posted by Kivimetsan View Post
    I played in TBC and I sometimes wonder why people say the game isnt hard enough. Have you even done 25man HM LK encounter or are you stuck on putricide 25man normal, face rolling upto him and realising your to bad to get past?

If complain about the game being to hard, go fight LK 25HC and get the title, then come back and say the games to easy.
    Thats just 1 freaking fight in the game. ONE FIGHT! Rest of the game is ridiculously easy!

Deleted
    I'm gunna be honest here and say I started playing (Properly.) in WotLK. To me, the expansion seemed easy. I don't know how the raid content was in TBC but I'm really hoping that Cata provides something more tricky than WotLK did, for raids and dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    ONLY DECENT FIGHTS IN WOTLK:Yogg'saron, LK, Sindragosa, and maybe Putricide. Besides that it's a walk in the park. Oh..and Loken when everyone was in blues :P

Doesn't matter if the content is harder or easier. the bad players will fail and QQ and look for nerfs where as the "better" players will just suck it up and get it done.

I am a WOTLK player, i think i'm a good player but cata will show me if that is true. If i'm not good enough i will work on getting better. i'm only glad that if you have epic gear then you have worked for it.

Long story short, bad players will always be bad players no matter how "easy" or "hard" content is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by volescue View Post
    Then you are sadly mistaken.

It's like when you play in the majors and go down to the minors for two years. You are being challenged so you don't get any better, you get worse.

It will be a learning curve for everyone, just a smaller one for some.
    Couldn't agree more to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by Bobsagget View Post
    That's one of the few examples in the game of a boss scaling with gear, MC mechanics and % effects are the only way to keep content semi-challenging for all tiers.

The only 5-man boss in Cata that I can think of in this category is Erunak in the Throne of Tides. Having said that, the base difficulty of the dungeons is a lot higher than Wrath, probably on par with the midlevel TBC heroics.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Bobsagget View Post
    Do you remember that 7 mobs pack in Shattared halls :-)? Fun times. You not only needed to CC and fallow marks but u also needed to use your whole aresnal of tools to survive this.
    And about comments that difficulty stay the same each expansion and players just got more skilled and thats why everyone is crying wrath is easy i must disagree with you mate .Game is too much forgiving any players mistake now even in 25 raids instant kill mechanics are too few . Also fights where every single player at any given point can taking full responsibility for wipe are too few nowdays.
    Thats the main reason for me fights like Anub LK and Yogg to be are considered hard because having 23 or 24 good players is just not enough ...u need 25!
    And about TBC heroic as a dps class(hunter thats what i play)u could take 2 may be 3 hits if you lucky before u hit the ground(and this was the case for many months after the release). Basicly before sunwell badge vendor (ilvl141 epics) heroic were hard .In wrath i can clear whole group of mobs only by using my pet as a tank and little CC here and there...so please don't tell me difficulty stays the same
    For me the game went in a very wrong direction in WOTLK and blizzard p00r attempt to fix that was Yogg -0 stupidly hard boss unkillled for months, Anub HC and LK hc. They started making normal bosses(or should i say moron check bosses? where some players after an year still fails) and heroic mode bosses, but what about just a fucking normal boss not too easy nor too hard ..just tuned for current tier ? Where was such a content in WOTLK ? If there wasn't any barriers in ICC it could be cleared for a week max by most good raiding guilds on any server (not world top 100 but more like 5-10 guilds per server).
    And then in TBC we have instances Black Temple where such a guilds kept progressing for months and it was interesting and challenging and FUN ! If anyone still thinks ICC is a fun(from a challenging point of view not going it with friends on 5 beers or 2 joints ok ?) so please change the mmo ...
    I really hope Bli$$ard brings back that GOLDEN middle ground where u have fun fighting challenging but not overtuned encounters and u really feel like progressing .

And this is my opinion i don't want anyone to agree with me.... may be some of you ladies and gentlemen like every second boss to be like LK heroic or may be like Gunship i want non of those things to be true

I played during BC, and I played the right way. CC on targets, making every minor movement that might possibly help, the proper gear, the right class composition, etc etc.

Then I played through wrath.

Then I got into the Cataclysm Beta. And let me tell you, it was hard remembering all those little things you did in BC to make even the Botanica a smooth run. I tried to tank an instance, then after the first pull I told my group I had to install addons so that I could mark. I had to relearn what class has what CC moves. I actually read the creature type so I could mark with the proper CC.

So no, Cata isn't exactly hard. But it requires you to think differently than you did in wrath. It is a lot harder to carry your group, and when you do, you have to make a much bigger effort.

Quote Originally Posted by zeyn View Post

so no, cata isn't exactly hard. But it requires you to think differently than you did in wrath. It is a lot harder to carry your group, and when you do, you have to make a much bigger effort.
    that is exactly what i want from mmo i play mate !!!

I am looking forward to more chalenging dungeons. hope it is fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Thoelle View Post
    The one who is saying: "I look forward to the new raids and dungeon", is also the one that is going to whine about the difficulty of the new instances
    I'm with Edog - I'm looking forward to some new content! I've watched some of the videos already, trying to get prepared, but it's always different actually experiencing it. I plan to group with guildies and friends as often as I can, both for the guild achieves, and because I enjoy playing with people I know. In general, I've had good experiences with the Dungeon Finder with only a handful of exceptions, so if nobody is on, I'll go ahead and queue. Sure, we'll probably wipe sometimes, but I figure that just goes with newer/tougher content. I'm pretty much maxed on JP's, so I don't "need" to run them, but I want to get comfortable with them before I'm ready for the heroics, they're good xp, and I want to experience them. I'm hoping that my two CC spells will be more useful (they only work on humanoids and elementals), and I already am in the habit of using interrupts wherever possible.
    Last edited by Hallany; 2010-12-05 at 10:05 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayr1fe View Post
    Whats with all these posters getting banned?
    I'd give an opinion but would probably get banned myself.