Qiraji Resonating Crystal 'wasp'

A while back it was posted that Archaeology would yield a Blue Qiraji Battletank ... I didn't think much of it at the time because I never liked the look of the mount to begin with ... imo the Black Battletank is right up there w/ Hyacinth Macaw. It might be rare, but I personally don't care for it.

However, a vague memory of this mount (referring to the black one) possibly becoming land / flying came to mind ... but I couldn't recall seeing it live. Part of me brushed this off as the mount just being rare ... but then I decided to do some digging.

Source
    During the Patch 3.0.2 PTR, the Black Qiraji Resonating Crystal had a changed tooltip which was roughly "This mount changes depending on your Riding skill and location." Upon testing this in several locations, it was found that the mount became a wasp in any zone you could fly in and the regular scarab in other zones. This functionality was removed before the patch was released.

Now that ground/flying mounts are common place ... has there been any discussion about bringing this functionality back for both the black and now the new blue Qiraji Battletanks?

-
    Last edited by CaffeineAddiction; 2010-12-05 at 10:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That looks so fake... and if its real, its incredibly ugly as shite and should be left in the pile of other crap blizz hasnt released (should have thrown TOC in with it tbh)

That mount is awesome tbh

I remember the forums drowned in "OMFG WHY UPGRADE A MOUNT A FEW PEOPLE GOT 3 YEARS AGO111!!!!!11" which probably plays some part in why it never made it live...

"During patch 3.0.2"
    That druid has a silverwing tabard equiped. Which was introduced in patch 3.1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kidcybersaint View Post
    That mount is awesome tbh
    This, im sure Cata will bring better models and it will never be ridden.

Is there really going to be a Qiraji mount available for use outside of AQ40?

(Side note, you currently can't use the Qiraji mounts INSIDE of AQ40, GG)
    Last edited by Jupiter II; 2010-12-05 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alskonda View Post
    "During patch 3.0.2"
    Um, no. It was added in patch 1.11.1

Quote Originally Posted by Ulkesshern View Post
    I remember the forums drowned in "OMFG WHY UPGRADE A MOUNT A FEW PEOPLE GOT 3 YEARS AGO111!!!!!11" which probably plays some part in why it never made it live...
    Exactly ... but now that many people will be getting the blue one ... has there been any talk about this coming back?

Deleted
    I seem to recall that change to the mount. Question is if it really is "worth it" though since there are so few that actually have said mount. I think they would rather design a new mount that more people get to use, or is still obtainable.

"During patch 3.0.2"
    I'm afraid that you might want to look into that O_o

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter II View Post
    (Side note, you currently can't use the Qiraji mounts INSIDE of AQ40, GG)
    Indeed what a shame.. It's just fail from Blizzard TBH... they should let ppl use it outside. People that have the Black qiraji they will always have an achive and an awesome Black mount, why not let the other ppl use theirs outside AQ?

Like all the server is going to ride them... Me personally i wouldnt. I prefer my Choppa! It's the same with the Goblin mount, now everyone in Org is riding theirs... What would be the difference of implementing that mounts outside?

Oh well, lets wait and see what happening in the future... or should i say: 'Soon(tm)'

Deleted
    "During patch 3.0.2"
    err, first of all, that's the plate-set from sunwell, so it can't be a druid. I guess it's a paladin, the leggings look like T6. Secondly, the silverwing tabard is in the game since classic. It was introduced with the silverwing faction, when warsong gulch was implemented and that was about 5 years ago.

"During patch 3.0.2"
    Source
    If a player was logged out while mounted on this mount when patch 2.2 was deployed, upon logging in after the patch, the mount "buff" was replaced by a buff that transformed the player into a flying wasp. This was a one time occurrence, however, as there is no evidence the flying wasp buff is obtainable by any other means.
    Last edited by CaffeineAddiction; 2010-12-05 at 10:14 AM.

so photoshopped it's not even funny

Last edited by Ulkesshern; 2010-12-05 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SevenGirl View Post
    so photoshopped it's not even funny
    photo-shop this