Page 1 of 2
LastLast

SW fishing Daily

Should of added this to my Gilneas post to not look like a troll but w/e. Anyways I have nto seen any cool rewards yet and have asked around and no one has seem to got anything cool either. Anyone know if this will change in Cata?

Isn't there a chance at pets from them bags?
    I'm a random windstorm, shakey! shakey!

So far it's really useless. Only good thing was the hat for twinks and low levels, and they nerfed the crap out of it

Was this daily in the beta? And if so did it drop the same useless crap?

Yeah, they should add some more interesting stuff than random 1 silver vendor trash and the occasional lure and/or pet.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

You can get pets and that cool hat from the bag.
    It's enough for me.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

at first on beta it was the same rewards as the dala fishing quest then it turned into what we get now

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    No they shouldn't really, it's for all levels and provides an alternative way to up your fishing skill.
    nvm the lvl85 sharks, but yea the ones we see now are for all levels.
    would be nice to get some lvl 85 ones though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kc8pnd View Post
    Isn't there a chance at pets from them bags?
    Yes, yes there is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mini pets rock from quests. I love mini pets!
    "I don't agree with you on that, I'm going to have to check Google." -Martin, Role Models.

Deleted
    There is a chance at 1 pet to my knowledge, Strand Crawler. And the hat which just got nerfed. Anyone who did the Dalaran fishing dailies on and off already has these anyway. Then there is some junk and some coppers... Really embarassing.

Not to mention Big Gulp (http://www.wowhead.com/quest=26488) quest takes like 60+ casts to finish.

These quests are kinda neat way to help out when skilling up to 525 but then I dont see anyone doing them, really...

I got the crab pet.

I'm just doing all the quests once for achievement, then I'm done doing them.

The fishing daily is useful for 1 skill point per day in fishing. Personally and I'm sure other hardcore fishers have received everything while doing the WotLK fishing dailies, making it pretty useless once reaching 525 and ensuring you have done each one to get the achievement. To be honest, if you like doing 25 dailies I'm sure there are much better ones around in the new Cataclysm zones to fill up your quest log with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not only do the quests absolutely suck (this includes the cooking dailies even more so), but they have barely any reward for doing them.

I thought this expansion was about raising the bar.

I got the crab pet, Crawler something, on one of my alts from the bag. I havent seen anything else even remotely useful drop from the bag. Curses, again on the alt, never on the main

Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    There is a chance at 1 pet to my knowledge, Strand Crawler. And the hat which just got nerfed. Anyone who did the Dalaran fishing dailies on and off already has these anyway. Then there is some junk and some coppers... Really embarassing.
    I had terrible luck with the Strand Crawler and I've basically been doing the Dal quest since it came out (not everyday, mind you : P..but most days). One of my freaking alts got it and that made me sad . So I'll be doing these and Dal as well until I get it.

Not to mention Big Gulp (http://www.wowhead.com/quest=26488) quest takes like 60+ casts to finish.
    Completely RNG, some days I needed 5-10 casts, others I would be fishing there for a good 15 minutes.

These quests are kinda neat way to help out when skilling up to 525 but then I dont see anyone doing them, really...
    After you reach 525 fishing, there is indeed little to no reason to continue doing these, but what's stopping you from doing the dalaran and shattrath one if you want decent rewards? The SW/Org fishing daily is just a way to skip a few casts on your way to 525 fishing.
    "If you need to add '10char' to be able to post, don't bother posting at all."

Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    Not only do the quests absolutely suck (this includes the cooking dailies even more so), but they have barely any reward for doing them.

I thought this expansion was about raising the bar.
    Cooking dailies are definitely more useful than the fishing daily at the moment, and will remain so as you can use your tokens after aquiring all the vendor recipes to buy crates of meat, to use or sell on the AH.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladia View Post
    Cooking dailies are definitely more useful than the fishing daily at the moment, and will remain so as you can use your tokens after aquiring all the vendor recipes to buy crates of meat, to use or sell on the AH.
    I never disputed the usefulness of the cooking dailies, but they are terrible quests. 30 people running around Stormwind, trying to collect 12 apples from about 6 different spawn locations is not in any way fun.

And don't get me started on the lobster trap fishing daily.