Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Achievement Points

Blizzard needs to implement some sort of use for achievement points other than getting more achievements

Deleted
    They already said they won't do that and that achi's are just a way to keep you entertained

Asked 1,000,000 times

Its like gamerscore / Trophies / World Records / Pictures of pie

Nice to have, cool to look at, awesome to show off. COMPLETELY USELESS OTHERWISE
    (This signature was clearly too awesome for the Avatar & Signature Guidelines and was removed to prevent further facemelting)

Quote Originally Posted by Bullzeyes View Post
    They already said they won't do that and that achi's are just a way to keep you entertained
    Mm it's just an e-peen meter. Tho it's alot of fun :P.

World of Warcraft: Map || Screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by WyriHaximus View Post
    Mm it's just an e-peen meter. Tho it's alot of fun :P.
    Add your achievement points with your gearscore and you got the ultimate e-peen meter!
    (and maybe also combined with the e-peen meter the april's fool day would be awesome )

Would be cool to get vanity items like tabards and titles for reaching a hefty amount of achievement points though

Quote Originally Posted by Dvotar View Post
    Add your achievement points with your gearscore and you got the ultimate e-peen meter!
    (and maybe also combined with the e-peen meter the april's fool day would be awesome )
    Installed an addon that did they exact thing for a few days, was fun to watch .

Quote Originally Posted by Hakasu View Post
    Would be cool to get vanity items like tabards and titles for reaching a hefty amount of achievement points though
    Aye pets or/and mounts .

World of Warcraft: Map || Screenshots

I doubt they'd do this though as so many individual achievements already give pets/mounts/titles/tabards...though I'd be all for it, since I'm (slowly) making the push for 11k

10+ Year Old Account
    Well you already get that... indirectly though getting the difference achievements. Last time I looked, by doing the achievements and getting a sick amount of achievements points, you also gather tons of titles, pets, mounts and other stuff. What you ask for are already there, just not a the end as a final reward, but on the way as cookies. You just don't see it like that.

Signature by Elysia
    "When there is no peril in the fight, there is no glory in the triumph."

Just a random thought, while I don't think Blizzard should make Achievement points mean anything other than a representation of how many achievements you've done (so not a currency), I do think Blizzard should be a lot more liberal with title creation, and should include them with a lot more achievements.

In addition to WoW, I play Lord of the Rings Online, and one of the cool things in LotRO is the fact that there is a crapload of titles. Literally everything from questlines to killing lots of one type of mob in one zone awards a different title, and as such, almost every single person in the game wears something totally different. There's so many, that people actually just choose a title based on what they think sounds neat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Just a random thought, while I don't think Blizzard should make Achievement points mean anything other than a representation of how many achievements you've done (so not a currency), I do think Blizzard should be a lot more liberal with title creation, and should include them with a lot more achievements.

In addition to WoW, I play Lord of the Rings Online, and one of the cool things in LotRO is the fact that there is a crapload of titles. Literally everything from questlines to killing lots of one type of mob in one zone awards a different title, and as such, almost every single person in the game wears something totally different. There's so many, that people actually just choose a title based on what they think sounds neat.
    I LOVE lotros title system! It defiantly makes you feel like your making more progression than just leveling. There would still end up a few select titles that everyone at max level wears or tries for though since WoW is just a very different game. Lotros 'achievement' system was my favorite part of that game. Would have been a good thing to have implemented this expac since they completely redid old world.

Now I have to go redownload it......

you should be able to spend the points imo.

Like a shop where you can buy cosmetic stuff for your character e.g limited edition haircuts, vanity pets ect

World of Warcraft Ultima - Your number 1 source for everything WOW related!

Gymtraining.net // Visit us today for tips on weight loss and muscle building!

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    I LOVE lotros title system! It defiantly makes you feel like your making more progression than just leveling. There would still end up a few select titles that everyone at max level wears or tries for though since WoW is just a very different game. Lotros 'achievement' system was my favorite part of that game. Would have been a good thing to have implemented this expac since they completely redid old world.

Now I have to go redownload it......
    Well, LotRO's 'achievement,' or deed system, is horrendously boring compared to WoW's, very little creativity there, unfortunately. The vast majority are little more than 'kill X number of monsters,' which lends itself nicely to the fact that the deeds can all give you points to spend in their store, meaning if you grind long enough, you never have to pay a cent and can unlock 100% of the game's content. But that wouldn't really fly in WoW, it's more of a F2P thing.

I was mostly in love with the sheer number of different titles there were. I'm personally a fan of 'Foe of Night,' which is just given for killing a boatload of wraiths somewhere. :P It'd be cool if titles were added for just about every halfway significant achievement.

I do really like that Archeology has no less than 3 titles associated with it, though. Associate Professor, Assistant Professor, and Professor. More of that, Blizzard, please!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gregory1989 View Post

Like a shop where you can buy cosmetic stuff for your character e.g limited edition haircuts, vanity pets ect
    Tbh, I think this was the intent when it 1st came out. I'll try and go back to god knows what patch and see if they ever made a post about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    text
    That's kinda sad =/ I only played to..I don't know, 1/2 way maybe? When the game was pretty new, I thought there was a lot more. But I loved getting a new title pretty much every quest line and they were all pretty different. I wanted Pie Eater but always missed the little event thing.

Quote Originally Posted by gregory1989 View Post

I really think if they let you do anything with achievement points (even though they've said they won't), it should be this. My one big complaint with the game is that WoW is severely lacking on character appearance customization. Since it wouldn't effect game play, I think this would be reasonable. In the long debate of hardcores complaining that casuals get to wear the same gear, I have to agree with the bottom line: Every class generally looks the same within the same tier.
    There were around 7,000 Greeks in total at the Battle of Thermopylae.
    Not just the Spartans and a few inept imbeciles to play clean up.
    Friends don't let friends listen to Zach Snyder/

Why do people think of the points as a form of currency? I always thought of it as a progress indicator of sorts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodGutter View Post
    Why do people think of the points as a form of currency? I always thought of it as a progress indicator of sorts.
    /agree

Achievement points will never be a sort of currency. They are only a way to indicate your progress trough the game.

Deleted
    Not to be an ass or something, but really dude, do you ever read the interviews or news. EVER?

Blizzard has told us, on numerous occasions no less, that there are no plans to introduce "real" rewards for achievements points. Brragging rights should be enough.

You do get something for reaching a hefty amount of achievement points: an achievement!

You get pets and tabards from achievements, you don't have to have a reward for EVERYTHING. You don't even have to collect achievements

People really ran out of things to QQ about