Battle.net Error

Hello!
    I've got a question, that I would like to have answered - But first a story!

Today as I woke up, my computer stopped working. I then paid for game time at an Internet Gaming Café nearby
    so that I could finish an achievement I'm doing in WoW. Did it work? No! Of course this also happened to be the
    exact same day as I ran out of gametime. Lovely. So I went and fetched my credit card and went back to the café,
    but Blizzard of course refuse to accept my card. I then go back home, fetch money, and go to a store to buy a game card.
    As I get home, my computer has started to work again so I go on battle.net to activate my game card, but alas!
    It seems that every time I attempt to login it says "An error has occured." and nothing more.

So my question is -
    Is something wrong with Battle.net today? Am I the only one unable to login, or is this all a huge conspiracy against me?

10+ Year Old Account
    Go call Jack Baur, he'll know what to do!

Battle.net has been failing a bit for me today. Not on login, though.

It has screwed for me players I think, not sure tho.
    When I want to log out, where's the save button? I can't find it anywhere, been logged in for three years now.

Not only you I think. At least I'm having troubles too.
    Last edited by Flaeske; 2010-12-05 at 03:10 PM.

I hate you Blizzard. It's all a conspiracy against me :|

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't login either - I was also like "wtf".

So its not just you :-)

They have been doing a lot on maintenance over the last couple of days. Last night it was actually giving some people a queue of 500,000. I wouldn't worry too much. They should have everything just peachy... soon.
    Last edited by Mijen; 2010-12-05 at 07:59 PM.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Leafos View Post
    Go call Jack Baur, he'll know what to do!
    Seriously, if you don't have anything to offer to the thread, in the words of the great Ron White: "Just let it go, dude. Let it go." Honestly, you come across as nothing more than trolling the thread & nothing more.

>~.~> Please refrain from calling people Trolls, whether true or not, just make a report, that's your warning... ~Raven
    Last edited by Renagade Raven; 2010-12-05 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mijen View Post
    They have been doing a lot on maintenance over the last couple of days. Last night it was actually giving people a queue of 500,000. I wouldn't worry too much. They should have everything just peachy... soon.
    I hear ya. In the queue for the cataclysm digital download, it says there's only 58503 people ahead of me, but I've sitting here for two hours now waiting.

Ya I was going to make a post about how messed up battle.net is today. Just look at this screenshot I took of when I wanted to change my password on my account and it forwarded me to this:

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't even load the wow forums anymore. I was barely able to, then the login went down(and I was logged out), and then I started getting "Internet Explorer Cannot Display This Page."

Edit: If this is because of traffic, then it's unnacceptable. Google has no problem handling large amounts of traffic. With all the money players give the they shouldn't have a problem either.
    "Never let your education interfere with your learning." - Samuel Clemens

I was trying to restart my subscription and can't do it because the worldofwarcraft and battle.net sites are all down or very slow loading and timing out.

They're effectively getting DDOS'd by the number of people who want to get in, both players wanting to add cata keys and fair-weather WoW players who are re-subbing some game time for the new expansion.

They quickly bring up the maintenance page to make it look like the site is down intentionally, rather than because a company with 100's of millions of dollars revenue a month is unable to provide adequate infrastructure to handle the totally expected number of page impressions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes it's buggy and slow.