10+ Year Old Account

When does Deathwing Stop

Is it still possible to get the achievement for getting killed by Deathwing after release on the 7th? If so how long will Deathwing still be laying waste to the land after release?

Yes, he will still be torching everyone in Cata. Until he gets downed in his raid I'm guessing.

"When he's no longer free to roam the world."

Most people interpret this to mean when his raid opens up. He'll be too busy fighting packs of 10 to 25 adventurers then to fly around the would handing out achievements.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure there have been many threads like this before. -_-

Deathwing will not stop terrorising Azeroth until he is defeated for the first time on your server. So expect him to be performing multiple fly-bys for many months to come.

He won't stop, he can't stop, he doesn't even know how to stop.

I'd assumed that he would be doing this the entire expansion.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

As it is not currently marked as a Feat of Strength and is under the Cataclysm Exploration Achievements, I'd say ya got a while. More than likely most of the expansion.

Deleted
    I expect atleast a year...Deathwing's raid wont be arriving anytime soon

Quote Originally Posted by Frankennoob View Post
    "When he's no longer free to roam the world."

Most people interpret this to mean when his raid opens up. He'll be too busy fighting packs of 10 to 25 adventurers then to fly around the would handing out achievements.

Unless his raid is him flying around the world torching places!
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

I have zero proof of this, but my suspicion is that you will get this achieve not only via the way we're aware of now, but also when you wipe the first time you pull him.

After all, the only criteria is "Get killed by Deathwing".

Quote Originally Posted by Herrenos View Post
    I have zero proof of this, but my suspicion is that you will get this achieve not only via the way we're aware of now, but also when you wipe the first time you pull him.

After all, the only criteria is "Get killed by Deathwing".
    The counter argument to that is it's listed as an Exploration achievement, not a Dungeon Achievement. That said, we don't know for sure one way or the other, now. I suspect that before it gets removed we'll see in upcoming patch notes: "The 'Stood in the Fire' achievement is becoming a feat of strength." (Or words to that effect.)