Calling all Companion pet fannatics: Parrot Cage (Hyacinth Macaw)

How many of you have this pet?

i inadvertanly found one yesterday while repping back up with booty bay
    I was looking up the drop chances and aperently its 1:7000

im selling it on Alter of Storms if anyone is intrested in it.

had it on my priest for several years....got it on my shaman after farming for a few months in may of this past yr

Deleted
    I have it, payed 20k for it a few months ago, though now it's much more common because it's a zone drop in STV, not just from the pirates..expect prices to drop a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by AboriginalFactory View Post
    How many of you have this pet?

i inadvertanly found one yesterday while repping back up with booty bay
    I was looking up the drop chances and aperently its 1:7000

im selling it on Alter of Storms if anyone is intrested in it.
    These usually sell for at least 5k and upwards of 15-20 depending but there seems to be one on most servers either alliance or horde side. This makes people usually unwilling to xfer to get one. I'd recommend posting in your realm forums on the wow community site, spamming in trade and making and alt on the other faction and spamming in trade there too. Best of luck.

had it for a year now.
    got it while grinding my BB rep back up.

Deleted
    yea i had it drop on my pala must be close to 2 years ago

All mobs? Wow...wasn't expecting that, heh. When I saw it on the AH for 20k, I stayed away...watching every day for a possible decline...and just recently dropped 10k on one. I think it was worth it, as it is quite a nice looking pet and put me at 99 overall (too bad there's no reward for 100!).

Searing Scorchling > Another crappy bird pet

I've found two.
    I found my first one back in Vanilla when doing quests.
    It did NOT have equip quality back then, so I sold it for 300g and thought I earned a fortune.

Second time I spent months and months of farming for it,
    and when I finally got it I gave it away as a birthday present to a friend.

... I still don't have my own

10+ Year Old Account
    I have had this pet for around 2 or more years. A friend got the pet and didn't know how rare it was, and asked if anyone wanted it (guild). I said, I have 15 pets (they took bag space) and I was the only real person who wanted it.
    Today she also collects pets and really wants one !
    I collect pets, have only around 109? I think. This pet is my only real rare pet, I'm not made of money and I don't grind much so don't have any other expensive rare drop pets so I treasure this!

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw an Disgusting oozling for 4k in AH, I bought it to resell. Did they increase the droprate on that too? I personally thinking the oozling is better than the Maccaw because it changes your character color to green.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

I picked one up yesterday in STV aswell. Sadly though there's now 4 on my AH all going for 9900g'ish.
    And they arent selling.

Making me wonder if i should just end up using it myself.

Thanks to Elyaan for the great sig!

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I bought mine for 10k about 2 months ago, worth it, since I only had 2 pets to get and it meant I could farm for the Disgusting Oozeling without having to worry about the parrot.

I still think it will go for 7.5k ish average in most realms even with the new drop rate.
    “In order to make apple pie from scratch, you must first make the Universe.” Carl Sagan

Deleted
    I had it on my dk on my old acc, got it after 4 hours of farming. Yesterday I saw one on my realm for 25k bid starting price and 27.5k buyout price. Today it was only 17k but I'm not sure if it was from the same person.