10+ Year Old Account

Shadow Cata leveling.

I'm looking for quick leveling on Tuesday and was wondering about others strategies. (I'm saying fast, not realm first.)

I have ofc done 25 dailies to turn in to seperate myself from the crowd (~1/3 bar to 81)

-reforged Crit for DP spam (81-82, by this time should have some upgrades.)
    -Intel trinkets for more mana plus doesn't degrade as bad crit/haste/wasted proc trinkets
    -Glyphed Dispersion
    -Spec for mana/utility/survivability

I would like to hear any other things I could use to get85 by Thursday/Friday easily.

Dont sleep.

10+ Year Old Account
    ^What Uniqed said,

and do lots of quests, they're quicker than dungeons/bgs and everyone will be new to the dungeons anyways

Oh and rest in a capital city from now until Cata.
    85 Priest/72 Druid/85 Mage/24 Shaman/56 Paladin

Rested exp is being reset at the release of cata.

Although I did not level a shadow priest on beta, I can give you a little advice from my experience there.

First of all like marraph said, quest. Most of the main upgrades come from quests, And hell, its lore! Secondly, in areas where you need to kill multiple of one type of enemy and when you feel comfortable, try dotting up multiple mobs and focusing down one at a time. this gives your apparitions mor chance to spawn( moving and all). Stick to one zone at a time, and dont hesitate to group with someone on similar non collection quests. Zone wise I suggest you start with Vashjir, because most polls are indicating the majority of the playerbase are doing hyjal first. Stock up on everything you need beforehand. Do only one of the starting zones initially. the faster you are into deepholm.. the faster you are into uldum (where the first amazing upgrades are if I recall correctly) if a group is forming for a dungeon and need someone you may as well try and get it done, but dont spend any more than 30 mins trying to get any one group.

Edit:

On a side note, I saw your sig, who is this? I am Nolym on greymane lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well Vashjir is not as flowing quest wise or geographically, plus the annoying water aspect will be annoying to get used to.

I'm pretty sure the amount of people per zone won't be too bad because I remember reading every few quests will be phased so it will count down on the amount of people you will have to "load" on your screen and compete with.

Deleted
    I don't think DP spam will be viable, the mobs have 30k hp.

Personally i've bought 2 http://www.wowhead.com/item=44870 in case mana is starting to be a problem

Quote Originally Posted by Thrayne View Post
    Well Vashjir is not as flowing quest wise or geographically, plus the annoying water aspect will be annoying to get used to.

I'm pretty sure the amount of people per zone won't be too bad because I remember reading every few quests will be phased so it will count down on the amount of people you will have to "load" on your screen and compete with.
    The underwater thing isnt bad. you get increased swim speed and the ability to run at like triple speed on the bottom of the ocean. As for the phasing, yes every other quest hub seems to be in a new phase, but the number of people there will be huge. a couple bottle necks to look out for are the sea serpent kill and the armor collection

As a Shadow Priest, you'll want to utilize a thing we've been doing (as well as Affliction Warlocks and, hell, even Balance Druids) called DoT and Run. Pick up your quests, DoT everything you see, Psychic Scream when you've just got too much on you, and use Shadow Word: Death as much as possible as well as to kill things for Glyph of Spirit Tap and Masochism. You'll get plenty of healing from Vampiric Embrace, but you'll probably still need to toss out a Renew every now and then.

Essentially, dot and run will be faster than single target anything spam.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juus View Post
    I don't think DP spam will be viable, the mobs have 30k hp.

Personally i've bought 2 http://www.wowhead.com/item=44870 in case mana is starting to be a problem
    I didn't realize they had that much health, I'm still at 41% crit and 34% haste, if I remember correctly. I had just started farming the rep for oracles which look very good especially from 83-85 (mana problems of multidotting) but I wouldn't get exalted until Saturday. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    As a Shadow Priest, you'll want to utilize a thing we've been doing (as well as Affliction Warlocks and, hell, even Balance Druids) called DoT and Run. Pick up your quests, DoT everything you see, Psychic Scream when you've just got too much on you, and use Shadow Word: Death as much as possible as well as to kill things for Glyph of Spirit Tap and Masochism. You'll get plenty of healing from Vampiric Embrace, but you'll probably still need to toss out a Renew every now and then.

Essentially, dot and run will be faster than single target anything spam.
    Well ofc I know how to utilize Multidotting but I meant for more streamlining and killing only what you need (assuming quest EXP>kill EXP). Also I wasn't sure the viability because not knowing of the damage that was being put out by by the mobs and if there were alot of mobs that had annoying abilities (Fears/stuns/silences/debuffs/etc)

Deleted
    uhm, should I respec from my normal PvE Spec to some Build that contains any of the not used talents for leveling?

Quote Originally Posted by Delai View Post
    Although I did not level a shadow priest on beta, I can give you a little advice from my experience there.

First of all like marraph said, quest. Most of the main upgrades come from quests, And hell, its lore! Secondly, in areas where you need to kill multiple of one type of enemy and when you feel comfortable, try dotting up multiple mobs and focusing down one at a time. this gives your apparitions mor chance to spawn( moving and all). Stick to one zone at a time, and dont hesitate to group with someone on similar non collection quests. Zone wise I suggest you start with Vashjir, because most polls are indicating the majority of the playerbase are doing hyjal first. Stock up on everything you need beforehand. Do only one of the starting zones initially. the faster you are into deepholm.. the faster you are into uldum (where the first amazing upgrades are if I recall correctly) if a group is forming for a dungeon and need someone you may as well try and get it done, but dont spend any more than 30 mins trying to get any one group.

Edit:

lol, i played on Greymane before... <--- Hirazo (were in TA)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delai View Post

Edit:

Thrayne lol.

Yes, despite the fact that VE has been nerfed into the ground. Having dots on 3 mobs at one time still offers PLENTY of op healing

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow View Post
    Yes, despite the fact that VE has been nerfed into the ground. Having dots on 3 mobs at one time still offers PLENTY of op healing
    Oh I have been one trying to stop the VE QQers, we still have 9% self healing. I was just thinking if they hit hard or CC you Multidotting could go south pretty quick.

Nobody mentioned it, don't forget your consumables (flasks, mana pots, food).

Quote Originally Posted by Thrayne View Post
    Oh I have been one trying to stop the VE QQers, we still have 9% self healing. I was just thinking if they hit hard or CC you Multidotting could go south pretty quick.
    i thought they nerfed it to 6% not 9%

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grath View Post
    i thought they nerfed it to 6% not 9%
    6% self healing plus VE which does 3% to your group so you get 9% total. (Go to a mob and DP, you should get two health ticks from the instant part of it and every tick)