15+ Year Old Account

New fishing daily rewards in Org and SW suck

So the bag we get for doing fishing daily is bad. we get a vendor gray item worth under 2 silver and maybe a potion or perhaps a fishing hat that can be acquired in shatt and dal fishing dailies. It also doesn't have nearly the potential for rewards like other fishing dailies.

Now the quests are pretty good and I like the idea of increase skill for doing them but rewards really suck compared to cooking one were you get awards to get recipes you need to level up.

Deleted
    I agree. The skill points will be nice at the beginning, but after you're maxed, I see little reason to do it anymore. At least the others had a few cool items, most of which I haven't seen despite doing them religiously on at least one toon. I guess it's meant for alts and low-level toons in general, but you can generally get a skill point anyway in the time it takes you to do the daily (and at high levels, you get better rewards just from fishing a fishing pool).

I'm sure the good stuff will start dropping when Cataclysm activates.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth View Post
    This is indeed the truth. The items that are MEANT to come from the fishing bag are not yet ready to be distributed amongst players lest the economy go haywire.

The reason why the rewards are "bad" is because the quest is obtainable at level 10, as opposite to the Dalaran fishing daily quests require level 70.

TBH a guy got a crab pet from the fishing daily bag on my server 2 days ago.

Deleted
    You can get the strand crawler pet and the fishing hat from it.

People should still do the Dalaran and Outlands for the other things - the cooking recipes, rods, lures, and the crocolisk pets that you can get from Outlands.

It's a shame that it doesn't have the high value greys like the Porcelain Bell that you could vendor for 100g - but that could be problematic when a level 1 can do it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rubberduckie View Post
    TBH a guy got a crab pet from the fishing daily bag on my server 2 days ago.
    Wooptie doo.
    Got that 2 years ago from Dalaran.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    You can get the strand crawler pet and the fishing hat from it.

People should still do the Dalaran and Outlands for the other things - the cooking recipes, rods, lures, and the crocolisk pets that you can get from Outlands.

It's a shame that it doesn't have the high value greys like the Porcelain Bell that you could vendor for 100g - but that could be problematic when a level 1 can do it.
    I still do my Dalaran ones only because I have my Argent Crusader Tabard and want to get my chefs hat. The Outland one is too far away however.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    NightHaawk rolls a 2 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: HA HA HA HA
    Chikko rolls a 1 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: FFFUUUUU

Quote Originally Posted by Mirakh View Post
    The reason why the rewards are "bad" is because the quest is obtainable at level 10, as opposite to the Dalaran fishing daily quests require level 70.
    It's a shame. They should really divide it up in 1x 2x 3x etc with appropriate rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by NightHaawk View Post
    I still do my Dalaran ones only because I have my Argent Crusader Tabard and want to get my chefs hat. The Outland one is too far away however.
    Especially with the removal of portals the outlands fishing daily will be very out of the way to do on a day-by-day basis. I can see a point to the new Org fishing daily if you're not yet maxed on your fishing skill, as it is right now not really much point to it otherwise. Hopefully that changes on the 7th.

Now that i got my Achieve for doing all 5 SW dailys, I probably wont do the fishing one anymore. The only benefit to them now is when we have to do the crab cooking daily, having rock lobster as the fishing daily lets you swim 50% faster and breath underwater for 15 mins. Other than that, useless until/if they add cata fish/meat to the reward for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    This is indeed the truth. The items that are MEANT to come from the fishing bag are not yet ready to be distributed amongst players lest the economy go haywire.
    Source?

I hope that with Cata the rewards start improving, even if it's just some fluff rewards. Grey 2s items are kinda zzzzzzz.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth View Post
    I hope so, or at least i hope that also pets you can obtain with outland quests will be available even with them.

I think these items are just filling out the slots for the cata goodies

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightHaawk View Post
    Take the Blasted Lands port from any major city, run through the Dark Portal and take the two minute flight to Shat...

Slightly annoyed with this also, if they're not dropping the 'high level' items, gems, rods, 100g greys, because they're letting low levels do it, then there is absolutely NO INCENTIVE to do it once you're maxed.

I mean the Dalaran one, you get those rods, hat, pet, greys, gems, so even after you're maxed, there is 'a' reason to do it.

Now there's absolutely none, and the 'extra' skill point? In fairness where ever you decide to fish you'd get more skill points faster by staying and fishing wherever and not going to pick up, go to right spot, fishing for the item(s) then going back.

I'm slightly confused as to the point of the SW fishing dailies.

The cooking one on the other hand, lets you get tokens for the new end game recipes, so that's beneficial.
    The fishing.. just isn't. At all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefjerky View Post
    Source?
    I got a mythical healing potion on the second daily fishing quest I did in org (first was the crab :P I'm always lucky with this stuff :P)
    I put it on the AH, but it was removed and deleted and I got no money or compensation I've yet to get another, but I'm guessing I wasn't supposed to have it yet :P

I'm curious to see if something changes with these rewards. I hope so!

I was most annoyed that the Fishing Hat I had gotten from the Dalaran Fishing daily got nerfed.