Poll: How do you feel about this possible change to help Aimed Shot become more useful?

Post Proposition for Aimed Shot

After the somewhat recent changes to its mechanics my friend has taken aimed shot out of his rotation (Except for the proc where it is instant) because it does so little damage, so I began to think about what he said and ways to fix it. When you first hear the name 'Aimed Shot' it makes it sound like something should be aimed to do damage instead of just hitting a button. I think that an interesting way to make this a useful ability in PvE and PvP would be to make more of a cool-down based ability instead of an included thing in a rotation.

Aimed Shot - Instant Cast - 5 Minute Cool down - Can be used while in camouflage
    The hunter enters a state allowing him to hit a specific part of a target, afflicting a different debilitation on the enemy and also doing xx amount of damage.
    Head - Does xx amount of increased damage and has a chance to stun the target for 2 seconds.
    Torso - Does base damage and applies a bleed dealing xx amount of damage over 12 seconds.
    Arms - Does base damage and cripples the target's arms reducing casting and attack speed by 30% for 18 seconds.
    Legs - Does base damage and reduces the target's movement speed by 50% for 12 seconds.

On the action bars once this ability was hit it would switch to a vehicle like action bar and zoom in on the target. Once zoomed in the hunter clicks on the section of the target they would like to hit (Each one would be a separate, highlighted color to avoid confusion on what you were about to hit. i.e. Head-Red Legs-Blue Arms-Yellow Torso-Green)

In PvP a hunter could be guarding a base while in camouflage and hit his target with one of these, somewhat like stealth openers for rogues, to get a jump on them, and in PvE a hunter would use this ability at the beginning of a fight to avoid interrupting their rotation.

I don't play a hunter as a main so some of this may not make sense so any insight onto what could help it out would be appreciated
    (Sorry if some of this doesn't make sense I woke up and decided to type this)

Deleted
    Sounds pretty sweet

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting, But it's a one time use thing, In pvp it'd be great for opening burst but in pve?, It really doesn't seem worth it in pve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    It would appear the world is retardeding at a pace much more rapid than previously anticipated.

15+ Year Old Account
    my submarine. it's long, hard and full of seamen.
    No, it's too much.

make it useful for pve and im in

All credit for this sig goes to JustintimeSS

Deleted
    Maybe if Chimera refreshes the effect it could be useful in PvE

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you tried to insta shoot a target while you've aimed for it?(<- In real life) It's impossible. This proposition is indeed doable, however, it would need a casting time which can be interrupted.
    Last edited by Sesshomaru; 2010-12-05 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Added the irl part.

Sounds alright, but a 5 minute cooldown seems a little much...

I always had an idea for Aimed Shot.

Aimed Shot, Instant cast, 60 focus, 30 second cooldown, 600 yard range.

The Marksmen utilizes his or her extreme accuracy skills, and takes aim, firing a powerful Aimed Shot dealing 110% weapon damage to the target, from a very far distance away.

It would basically be like using a sniper in fps games, zooming in and out with your scope, shooting when the targets between the cross-hairs.

As I said I don't really play a hunter much and much of what I'm going off of is what my friend has said. I was thinking the torso shot one would be the most useful for PvE that way you get a bleed off on the boss with some damage thats more than all of your other shots and if you were at a lul in your rotation and it was off CD you could quickly hit it and then get a torso shot because that is usually the largest part of a boss.
    I saw what Perpo1 said and that sounds like the best way to make it useful for PvE.
    Underskilled - I was kinda thinking that when I was thinking about it being a long CD in PvE but in PvP a hunter that had it on maybe like a 1-2 min CD could just sit somewhere constantly hitting people with the headshot.
    Zalene - Yeah I guess maybe make it like the current aimed shot cast time thing where a proc can make it instant
    Last edited by Durand; 2010-12-05 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Replying to some people's posts

Quote Originally Posted by Durand View Post
    Aimed Shot - Instant Cast - 5 Minute Cool down - Can be used while in camouflage
    The hunter enters a state allowing him to hit a specific part of a target, afflicting a different debilitation on the enemy and also doing xx amount of damage.
    Head - Does xx amount of increased damage and has a chance to stun the target for 2 seconds.
    Torso - Does base damage and applies a bleed dealing xx amount of damage over 12 seconds.
    Arms - Does base damage and cripples the target's arms reducing casting and attack speed by 30% for 18 seconds.
    Legs - Does base damage and reduces the target's movement speed by 50% for 12 seconds.
    I'm sorry but as a hunter this sounds really stupid I mean come on ths isn't CoD or an FPS this is WoW were not gonna zoom in and be snipers thats not the WoW gameplay style it would be wierd and the zooming mechanic would take way too long to figure out where you would want to hit and just as an openin? That also sounds dumb Aimed Shot is fine how it is, you dont need to rely on it you use it when you proc it should never be in a rotation except when it procs not even used as an opener, its a bad ability.

very good sounding concept. dunno if it will ever be implmented tho

Quote Originally Posted by Zalënë View Post
    Have you tried to insta shoot a target while you've aimed for it?(<- In real life) It's impossible. This proposition is indeed doable, however, it would need a casting time which can be interrupted.
    yah and turning people into sheep and casting fireballs in real life is impossible too, hmm idk why maybe because its a game? Think about what you just said dont compare real life to a RPG with magic in it, lol

You play Fall Out too much. No I think its a stupid Idea, if you are going to do a shot that has multiple abilities dependent on use I would be very happy just to get Chimera how it used to work and give me back scorpid sting.
    + Duh your friend took a 3 second cast that does less damage than steady shot out of his rotation as MM. + Mm isn't even the best spec in Cata.
    I think anything related to Zooming in, putting cross hairs etc on your screen is extremely terrible ><

Sounds very very neat, but aint gonna happend.

I got another idea, increase aimed shot dmg by 200 or meybe 300 % (and make its cast time alot higer) and then its worth useing.
    IGN Joe FC: 1908 - 0405 - 5213

Too clunky of a mechanic. However, you are on to something...

How about instead of you "aiming it", the shot automatically adds a debuff depending on the class you are facing?

-short silence or slowed casting time against casters
    -slowed melee attack speed, disarm, or slowed movement speed versus melee

Deleted
    I always thought aimed shot could be the marksman answer to steady shot, then you can make steady shot survival based and cobra shot BM,
    Last edited by mmoc4294354019; 2010-12-05 at 07:45 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rillak View Post
    No, it's too much.
    Agree, it is way to much, and way to powerful.

Keep it as it is, just double the damage and everything is fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    V.A.T.S. in WoW? No, thanks.

"King Varian, you wish to make war on my people!? You shall have your war, human. You will see the fury of the Horde rage through your cities. You will see your throne split in two! This I swear!" -Thrall, patch 4.2.0

Deleted
    Sounds way too much like the combat system in Fallout 1/2. Works great for turn based combat. Won't work great at all for real time combat like WoW.

Damn, beaten to it by the poster above

10+ Year Old Account
    Woops, misread post, new to hunters thought we were talking about steady shot, please disregard this post
    Last edited by DismalNether; 2010-12-05 at 08:31 PM.