Thread: Intermingling

Intermingling

So I am a very avid blizzard fan and I do know that there are a few references to starcraft hidden throughout the game, but I wonder if Blizzard considers them two COMPLETELY different universes or if they are part of the same universe and just are seperated far and wide. Because most the things they stick in are just for fun it would be easy to make the assumption that they are two separate universes. Such things like how WoW is based off the use of magic, while starcraft is almost entirely based off the power of the mind. If anyone has any things that seem to point toward a combined universe I would love to hear anything about it? I've spent much time searching the internet for random facts on both series lore and its just so rich.
    Quote from: Moshy on February 22, 2010, 05:36:54 am
    Dear Blizzard
    Nerf paper, It covers me all the time and I cant do anything about it
    Scissors are fine, They just need to learn to play
    Signed Rock.

I'd say we are going to be pretty busy with Deathwing to be able to handle a Zerg invasion at this moment, unfortunately. Would be fun though, next thing we see is Kerrigan using a night elf / blood elf model..
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier10101
    Yep, humans went around in those days casting balls of nature and stars at each other, and healing each other on the battlefield with thrown leaves.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

SC references in wow? Where? All I see is wow references in SC!
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story

Deleted
    Yeh I agree - a Zerg invasion wouldn't be good! We're way too busy sitting around in Stormwind and Orgrimmar to deal with that. Maybe they could relate to an old god? Haha

Idk i see a parallel between the Titans and the Xel'naga
    Quote from: Moshy on February 22, 2010, 05:36:54 am
    Dear Blizzard
    Nerf paper, It covers me all the time and I cant do anything about it
    Scissors are fine, They just need to learn to play
    Signed Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    SC references in wow? Where? All I see is wow references in SC!
    the goblin shredders have a picture of Kerrigan on them. its really hard to see unless you have your texture settings on max.

umm thats all i know about SC references, the Fel Hunters remind me of Zerglings and thats about it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh one day....one day I swear... Someone at blizzard is probably already plotting this almighty plot twist.

Eh.. the two universes are very physically different. As in, in the Starcraft universe, real physics apply (not necessarily represented in-game). However in Warcraft, they don't.. at all. While pundits will simply scream "but it's magic holding those things up or causing <x> to happen", this really doesn't wash. Thus, the two universes are clearly completely physically separate.

Would it be possible to travel between the universes? Lets hope not. :P Gnomes invading Earth!
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    The true measure of a person is how they act when they know they won't get caught.