Best pre raid gear

I saw someone post an incorrect pre raid gear list so I decided to post the one that I had worked out myself purely with EP values and then messed around with the shadowcraft sheet to verify what I found.

Head-Helm of Numberless Shadows(H) (Heroic Stonecore)
    Neck-Mouth of the Earth(H) (Heroic Halls of Origination)
    Shoulders-Caridean Epaulets(H) (Heroic Throne of Tides)
    Cloak-Softwind Cape/Cape of the Brotherhood* (Revered Earthen ring/Heroic Deadmines(stats are identical))
    Chest-Defias Brotherhood vest(H) (Heroic Deadmines)
    Wrist-Poison Fang Bracers(H) Heroic (Halls of Origination)
    Hands-Sticky Fingers (Justice Points)
    Waist-Sash of Musing (Justice Points)
    Legs-Leggings of the Burrowing mole/Beauty's Chew toy(H) (Justice points/Heroic Blackrock Caverns)
    Feet-Vancleef's Boots(H) (Heroic Deadmines)
    Rings-Elementium Destroyer's Ring/Terrath's signet of Balance (JC/Rep with Therazane)
    Trinkets-Key to the Endless chamber(H)/Tia's Grace(H) (Heroic Stonecore/Lost city of Tol'vir
    MH-Steelbender's masterpiece Heroic Blackrock Caverns
    OH-Quicksilver Blade(H) (Heroic Stonecore)
    Ranged-Slashing Horns(H) (Heroic Halls of Origination)

My list will also not look the same as the EJ spreadsheet one because the person who created it used the white hit ep value for whatever reason, even though going with the gear with hit to reach the spell cap is more dps. If it were easy to reach the spell hit cap this would be the smart way to go, but, you can only BARELY reach the spell hit cap using blue gear, and most of the epics don't even have hit on them, so I think using the spell hit is much more accurate and would provide better dps.

The optional Epics are:
    Chest-Assassin's Chestplate(Leatherworking)
    Hands-Stormbolt Gloves/Liar's Handwraps (Dragonmaw)
    Waist-Belt of Nefarious Whispers (Leatherworking)
    Ring-Signet of Elder Council (Earthen Ring)(This will probably be the easiest epic to get)

If you know of any other epics that I didn't list please tell me. These are the only ones I could find as far as pre-raiding epics go. The epics are better then whatever you are using by default because of the extra agility.
    Last edited by sabrelime; 2010-12-13 at 12:55 AM.

Thanks, one less thing I have to prepare tomorrow.

And only item that come to my head that you haven't listed is. Then again, I'm not sure how long it will take to obtain either,

Unsolvable Riddle - Baradin's Wardens/Hellscream's Reach
    Last edited by Vuji; 2010-12-05 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vuji View Post
    Thanks, one less thing I have to prepare tomorrow.

And only item that come to my head that you haven't listed is. Then again, I'm not sure how long it will take to obtain either,

Unsolvable Riddle - Baradin's Wardens/Hellscream's Reach
    While it is available the two blue trinkets I listed are actually better dps. While it doesn't look it, you can basically think of that as a pvp trinket.

Signet of the Elder Council is Earthen Ring rep, not Therazane.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the main hand, do you mean Steelbender's Masterpiece? Or is the dagger of restless nights better, but from somewhere else?

Edit: Also, wouldn't the gloves from Dragonmaw/Wildhammer exalted be a better choice?
    Last edited by Sylreick; 2010-12-12 at 03:16 AM.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

I believe because of the daggers this is purely meant for assasination rogues right? So for combat a few items might change,mostly those having mastery on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylreick View Post
    For the main hand, do you mean Steelbender's Masterpiece? Or is the dagger of restless nights better, but from somewhere else?

Edit: Also, wouldn't the gloves from Dragonmaw/Wildhammer exalted be a better choice?
    I put twin peaks rep by accident but the item is on the bottom with the other epics. Yes it should be steelbender's not sure how I confused that.

---------- Post added 2010-12-12 at 05:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Avengerx View Post
    I believe because of the daggers this is purely meant for assasination rogues right? So for combat a few items might change,mostly those having mastery on them.
    Yes, however, combat isn't worth playing atm anyway.
    Last edited by sabrelime; 2010-12-12 at 05:46 AM.

Good to see that! Now i know on which items should i focus in the dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by sabrelime View Post
    Ring-Signet of Elder Council (Therazane Exalted)(This will probably be the easiest epic to get)
    Btw. that ring is from Earth Ring Exalted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great compilation you have going here.

Although,
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrelime View Post
    Yes, however, combat isn't worth playing atm anyway.
    At higher end levels, combat isn't far behind, and could easily pass assassination for a player who may be more comfortable with a combat build and rotation. I understand we aren't talking about super endgame yet, but I'm just throwing that out there.

Quality list, will certainly refer to it plenty in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    We removed the Fun Stuff forum, all the Fun in the MMO-Champion forums will now be taking place in my pants.

Xenophics <Famous> - Scarlet Crusade (US)

Quote Originally Posted by Khallynos View Post

Although,

At higher end levels, combat isn't far behind, and could easily pass assassination for a player who may be more comfortable with a combat build and rotation. I understand we aren't talking about super endgame yet, but I'm just throwing that out there.

Do you mean T11 gear? Ive played combat since vanilla and my dps has always been close to the rogue in the top world guilds. Not as good mind you but close. I have never used assassination untill now. I am in nearly full heroics about to start raiding and when i switch from combat to assassination my dps goes up by easily 20%.

Even if I wanted to I couldn't swap over to assasination that easily. Found combat better for leveling and choose quest weapons according to that, and then Cruel Barb dropped from hc deadmines which is obviously bis for combat till raids and didnt really have luck with slow dagger drops so far

Quote Originally Posted by Khallynos View Post

Although,

At high item levels combat only has a 1.5%-2% dps lead AT THE START OF A FIGHT. As soon as you hit the backstab phase mutilate pulls ahead by 15%, so the backstab phase doesn't even have to be that long for mutilate to be superior, and any fight with adds that can't be BF'd automatically makes mutilate pull ahead.

---------- Post added 2010-12-13 at 12:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Avengerx View Post
    Even if I wanted to I couldn't swap over to assasination that easily. Found combat better for leveling and choose quest weapons according to that, and then Cruel Barb dropped from hc deadmines which is obviously bis for combat till raids and didnt really have luck with slow dagger drops so far
    Do crucible of carnage.