Thread: A leveling tip

A leveling tip

I know there's lots of guides out there that will tell you what spec to go and give all sorts of tips for everything under the sun, but here is one for all you dks who are exalted with the Oracles. Get 2x Talisman of Ablution. It isn't unique so you can use 2. Each one gives 40 RP, if you have Butchery that's a full 100 RP when you kill something. I know a lot of people are going Frost to level, but even if you're Unholy the ability to spam Frost Strike/Death Coil into mobs and move on without worry about runes refreshing will save you valuable seconds.

Cheers,
    Kumduh.
    Last edited by kumduh; 2010-12-06 at 08:57 PM.

Thank god I am Wildheart... *runs into a corner to cry*

Excellent idea.

OmG love! Sadly I am frenzyheart ( well midway to revered anyway). But that sounds amazing! Also, as frost one should grab Unholy Command so they can death grip mobs after every killing blow. With these trinkets one could grip every mob and spam frost strike.

That's a pretty great idea. It's mostly ideal for frost DK's, but for those with other class mains, it also restores 5% mana, 10 rage and 30 energy per trinket per kill. Borderline worthless for rogues and probably warlocks, but seems fairly useful for anyone else.

I am now depressed that I'm only revered with the Oracles.
    Beta Club Brosquad

I'm glad I could make you all slightly depressed, it shall give me a leveling edge! Mwuhahaha.

Yeah, I head about those last week... logged in quick to find I never leveled to exalted. Did the math on how many days to finish the rep grind and it was 10, with 7 days to Cata launch... Doh!
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

This isn't actually that great if you are leveling with someone, since it requires that you land the Killing Blow in order to actually get the RP.

But if you're solo leveling its pro. Nice find.
    Last edited by Dreager_ex; 2010-12-06 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreager_ex View Post
    This isn't actually that great if you are leveling with someone, since it requires that you land the Killing Blow in order to actually get the RP.

But if you're solo leveling its pro. Nice find.
    Nice find? More like Nice shamelessly posting what I told him on vent on his boards to distract people from how little he actually moderates. I'm on to you Kumduh.

Quote Originally Posted by Furykin View Post
    Nice find? More like Nice shamelessly posting what I told him on vent on his boards to distract people from how little he actually moderates. I'm on to you Kumduh.
    Ninjas -_-

Edit: Another tip worth mentioning. if you are leveling as frost, I suggest reforging all your gear for mastery... you can't beat the huge increase in frost damage (36% more frost damage is what I got from reforging)
    Last edited by Dreager_ex; 2010-12-07 at 04:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    I know there's lots of guides out there that will tell you what spec to go and give all sorts of tips for everything under the sun, but here is one for all you dks who are exalted with the Oracles. Get 2x Talisman of Ablution. It isn't unique so you can use 2. Each one gives 40 RP, if you have Butchery that's a full 100 RP when you kill something. I know a lot of people are going Frost to level, but even if you're Unholy the ability to spam Frost Strike/Death Coil into mobs and move on without worry about runes refreshing will save you valuable seconds.

Cheers,
    Kumduh.
    Awesome post. Thanks for the tip. Too bad I am almost 85 now. It would have been nice to have the 100 RP everytime I kill a mob then I would just throw 3 Death Coils out after each pull.