Thread: ICC10 4-manned.

ICC10 4-manned.

Well, sort of. 10/12 is all that we believe to be accomplishable, though technically we only managed to successfully kill 7 (more on this further down). Also due to my low post count, I apparently cannot post links. Copy and pasting into the address bar still should work fine.

I was given the idea after reading Nigeldruid's 5-man post on these forums. Major props to him and any others who were able to 5-man the instance, but we wanted to do one better. It is impossible to complete the instance with 3 people, so if we were able to complete it with 4 it couldn't be done better. We used the setup of a Blood DK, Shadow Priest, Feral Druid, and Holy Paladin (me) with average item levels above 270. Given that we only had one ranged dps, our druid had to OT some fights, and 98% of ICC is undead, I went ahead and spec'd into the Exorcism talents in Holy for added damage at virtually no cost, which I do believe was a large help in some fights.

Our first night inside, we successfully made it through the first wing, Fester, and Rot. We wiped a bunch on Putricide and Blood Princes (120k wipe on Princes ) before we called it. When we extended the raid lockout the following week, things got jarbled up for some reason. We had to kill Marrow and Rot again, but Prince and Dream were down. Due to the fact that we had Princes down to 120k and just had some bad luck, we considered this fight doable and chalked it up as a kill (can't beat Blizzard lockouts, though). We wiped a number of times on BQL before we managed to get her down. We did have to make use of the battle rez trick on this fight due to the soft enrage of MC's, and even still we only managed to beat the enrage by maybe 10 seconds or so. Unfortunately, we were unable to attempt and defeat Dream due to the lockout issue, but I'm certain that fight would not pose much of a threat (between Beacon on the DK and his own self healing, there should be no issues with tank deaths and healing Dream to full on a paladin on normal takes no time at all). So all we had left was Put and Sind.

Sind we attempted quite a few times, and were never successfully able to kill her. We did, however, have a couple of wipes in the 3.5% range which classifies this fight as doable (so we added to the count). Unfortunately, I do not believe it is possible to 4-man Putricide (and therefore as a true 4-man, LK would not be reachable and hence not 4-mannable). Taking his physical enrage out timer of the question (which is still a very large issue), we don't believe it is possible to burn him from 35% (3.43 million) to dead before one of the two tanks reaches 6 stacks of the debuff (approximately 1:50 seconds) and causing unhealable damage. It would require over 31,000 dps for the entire duration with 1.5 tanks and 1.5 dps (due to the feral druid dpsing part of the time and tanking the other) and the movement required.

Marrowgar and Deathwhisper were both cakewalks, so I didn't decided to take screenshots until Gunship (which is surpisingly entertaining with 4-people ). I missed the SS on Fester, but for reference, we beat the enrage by about 20 seconds with our Feral doing around 15k, our SPriest doing around 13k, and our DK tank doing around 6k I believe. I also don't have the 120k wipe on Princes and due to the lockout issue we couldn't get a kill SS, so I apologize on both accounts. But here is some info on the fights and some screenshots for our kills. Enjoy!

Gunship - Do this fight with 4-people sometime. Seriously becomes a great fight. img338.imageshack.us/i/4manship.jpg

Saurfang - I didn't have the Exorcism talents at the time we got this kill, so I didn't contribute much to the damage which made it more difficult than it could have been. His enrage is actually a concern now and things can get kind of hectic sub 30% with two marks out. Very tough, but rewarding. img217.imageshack.us/i/4mansaur.jpg

Festergut - One-shotted him surprisingly, but only narrowly cleared enrage. Nothing special. No SS, unfortunately

Rotface - The tank kited the big ooze while tanking the boss and we one-shotted this as well. Threat does become an issue with all of the tank movement, but the ooze placement is actually much easier and the fight becomes a lot of fun. img502.imageshack.us/i/4manrot.jpg

Putricide - This fight mechanically isn't very challenging, but both the soft and hard enrages are such a concern that it becomes incredibly challenging. Sticking with one specific group composition makes this fight impossible in my opinion, but I suppose it is POSSIBLE to burn Phase 3 if you had an incredibly geared and skilled Arcane mage and Feral Druid. This SS shows our best percentage attempt. We wiped due to hard enrage, though there were other attempts in which we would have had more time on the clock going into Phase 3 but lost control at some other point in the fight. img815.imageshack.us/i/4manputwipe.jpg

Blood Princes - A pretty challenging fight. The enrage isn't a problem at all, and as the healer I collected orbs and tanked Keleseth (which Nigeldruid did as well I believe) allowing our feral to actually do damage. Kinetic bombs are interesting with a Spriest as our only ranged, and having only 4 people makes the fight drag on a bit which causes mana issues for me. A very doable fight, and we would've had the kill had the lockout not screwed us.

Blood Queen - This was probably the most challenging and exciting encounter to 4-man. I stood next to our DK to split the damage through blood mirror and between Beacon and Protector of the Innocent I was able to keep us alive rather well. If the SPriest got bit first, he would bite the Feral and then at some point stand in a fire and spam SW to kill himself. The druid would battle rez him and bite him. If the druid got bit first, he would bite the SPriest and the process would repeat. This bought us an extra 60 seconds or so which actually allowed us to make the hard enrage before getting MC'd. Even still, we JUST cleared enrage even with me throwing a large number of 20k+ Exorcism crits during the last burn phase. img5.imageshack.us/img5/7172/4manbq.jpg

Dreamwalker - Lost the opportunity to attempt due to the lockout issue, but two high dps would be plenty to keep adds under control for the 3 minutes or so to heal the boss.

Sindragosa - I have to say I HATE the mechanics of this fight, especially with only 4 people. However, it was quite exciting to attempt this fight as such and is a very doable fight. The first 65% as usual is a non-issue. Sub-35%, keeping people out of blocks while keeping damage on the boss is a large concern as we technically only have one dps available to kill them. The Exorcism talents certainly helped here and allowed me to assist in breaking the blocks, as well as dpsing the boss during the first 65% to help clear enrage. The biggest problem on this fight, however, is RNG. We had our DK tank in full frost resist gear to prop him up to 485 resist with my aura in hopes of allowing him to solo tank the boss, as attempting to pull of a tank switch is VERY dangerous in regards to blocks. But the incoming damage from the breath and BC are too random to predict. The 485 resistance reduces frost damage by an AVERAGE of around 50%, but it's not exactly dependable. Some attacks get resisted completely, some you take almost full damage. This SS is the damage meter of one of our 3% attempts, but we wiped on one of our attempts due to a Blistering Cold that hit the tank for 62k with only about 12k resisted (the tank had around 35 stacks of Mystic Buffet at the time). He didn't pop any CD's on BC throughout the entire fight and took a TOTAL of 129k damage from BC, meaning HALF of it came at the killing blow. Still a very possible fight, just really have to get a bit lucky. img19.imageshack.us/i/4mansindwipe.jpg

I hope those of you that stuck around long enough to read all this/look at the SS's enjoyed it. I wish I was able to provide SS's for Dream and Princes, and wish even moreso that we cleared the instance. It became very clear how simplified things would be with a 5th player, but 4 is a completely different animal. It was quite refreshing to try this as it made an instance that has been on farm for 9+ months feel interesting and challenging. With it being the last week before Cata, all I can say is I'm glad we had the opportunity to try it. Thanks again and congrats again to Nigeldruid and the rest of you who successfully 5-manned it, and thanks to those of you that enjoyed reading about this. I do apologize for the misleading title for those that are going to flame me for baiting them into the thread, but you probably stop reading after the first line. But thanks anyways

-Judge
    Last edited by Judgejoebrwn; 2010-12-06 at 12:11 AM.

nice job dude. grats.

10+ Year Old Account
    very interesting. Though im not sure I would chalk up sind at 3.5% as a kill. Since the fight is only really hard after 35%, wiping at the 3.5% mark is equivalent to wiping at 10% on most bosses.

Anyway, very impressive, didnt think 4 was possible.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Damn fine read. Grate to those who got this to work!

That is insane

nice job, good luck in cata!
    "Blizzard is not incompetent or stupid and they are not intentionally screwing you over"

Deleted
    great work dude, whish i had read this sooner would have had a go at 5 man glad you had the SS saves all the flamers ;-))

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty nice job guys.
    Wish it was my progress :b

GZ a lot!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emothianes View Post
    Omg dude vanilla was so awesome because I was awesome and other people weren't awesome and it made me happy to be special because it was so awesome and I was happy.
    Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass!

This will be even easier once people start hitting 85 and getting good gear. I did not even believe that this was possible until Cata but I got proved wrong. Awesome work!

This is stuff I like to do myself... So good job I bet it was fun!