Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

How long for 80-85?

So I have seen it mentioned in a few other posts, but it seems very random, and few people give any credentials. (Assuming those who played beta might have a better idea of how long it will take.)

How long will 80-85 be? How fast can it be done if you are prepared and going hard. (Please state whether your post is a blind guess, or an informed guess from a beta player)

Quote Originally Posted by SensenmanN View Post
    So I have seen it mentioned in a few other posts, but it seems very random, and few people give any credentials. (Assuming those who played beta might have a better idea of how long it will take.)

How long will 80-85 be? How fast can it be done if you are prepared and going hard. (Please state whether your post is a blind guess, or an informed guess from a beta player)
    --Srly look before you make a post your not an unique snowflake others have asked this for months
    But a prepared player can do it in less then 20 hrs, but it requires a lot of prep. DL ring, Eng Port, 25 Dailies, knowledge of quest "which ones give the biggest benefits the fastest", the know how of every dungeon as you should do them all at least once because of the quest you get at he start of most of them, and 4 other ppl who also know them so you won't wipe and cause downtime.
    Last edited by Skyrim the Souless; 2010-12-06 at 02:44 AM.

Long Live Photoshop! Making Sigs and Ugly People look Hot Since 1990!

dont forget the bucket for your poo and piss

Quote Originally Posted by Skyrim the Souless View Post
    But a prepared player can do it in less then 20 hrs, but it requires a lot of prep.
    Yeah thats what I was thinking up until a day or two ago, more and more people have been saying 2-3 days like WOTLK was.

ive heard it will be longer than 70-80

Quote Originally Posted by SensenmanN View Post
    Yeah thats what I was thinking up until a day or two ago, more and more people have been saying 2-3 days like WOTLK was.
    WotLK could also be done in 20 hrs with a highly prep'd players 80-85 has been stated in a blue post to be the same length as 70-80.

Long Live Photoshop! Making Sigs and Ugly People look Hot Since 1990!

Deleted
    It takes around 5-6 hours a level apparently. From watching all of Yogcasts videos I think it was about that.

I made an mmo-c account for the purposes of countering the sheer amount of wrong information in this thread.

I had access to beta and within the course of about a bit more than a week leveled 4 characters to 85. All started with 0 rested and had worse gear than my live toon and every time leveled in under 15 hours total, best time being a little over ten hours 10 hours, and found i could easily cut that down some by cleaning up in some areas. Pure questing, no 25 dailies complete before hand.

level 80-82 took under 2 hours, and each level after took 2.5-3 hours each.

This obviously was with little competition due to beta servers, but if you can get ahead of the droves of out-of-the-gate levelers you should obviously have very little competition as well.

Also keep in mind they have increases exp required for 84-85, which will add maybe a half hour to hour on the clock.

People who take 5-6 hours per level or 20 hours + for 80-85 are NOT the well-prepared individuals which would be competing for server firsts, obviously. Server firsts will likely be done in under 12 hours, and in most cases probably around the 10 hour mark.

It is not a marathon this expansion, it is a sprint.

Quote Originally Posted by Bcons View Post
    I made an mmo-c account for the purposes of countering the sheer amount of wrong information in this thread.

I had access to beta and within the course of about a bit more than a week leveled 4 characters to 85. All started with 0 rested and had worse gear than my live toon and every time leveled in under 15 hours total, best time being a little over ten hours 10 hours, and found i could easily cut that down some by cleaning up in some areas. Pure questing, no 25 dailies complete before hand.

level 80-82 took under 2 hours, and each level after took 2.5-3 hours each.

This obviously was with little competition due to beta servers, but if you can get ahead of the droves of out-of-the-gate levelers you should obviously have very little competition as well.

Also keep in mind they have increases exp required for 84-85, which will add maybe a half hour to hour on the clock.

People who take 5-6 hours per level or 20 hours + for 80-85 are NOT the well-prepared individuals which would be competing for server firsts, obviously. Server firsts will likely be done in under 12 hours, and in most cases probably around the 10 hour mark.

It is not a marathon this expansion, it is a sprint.
    What he said.
    My first run on the beta took 18 hours, my last took about 12 hours, without dailies and a good dungeon group. They may increase the experience needed for each level, but they can't increase it too much. Everytime I got to 85 I was about midway in Twilight Highlands. I didn't do every quest in Deepholm and Uldum, full clear in Hyjal though, but I did BRC and Stonecore once. Even if they do increase the experience needed, it should easily be done in less than 24 hours (for your average joe).

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    They buffed beta exp so that people could test properly at full level...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Thrall is basicaly a green Jesus with a big hammer, shooting bolts of lightning out of his ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
    They buffed beta exp so that people could test properly at full level...
    Didn't they also remove the bonus xp as well to test the leveling time frame near the end of the beta?

They removed the bonus XP and added decay to the XP gained.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    True, but the 2 above seemed to me to be talking about early beta, especially with the "first run on the beta took 18 hours".
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Thrall is basicaly a green Jesus with a big hammer, shooting bolts of lightning out of his ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyrim the Souless View Post
    --Srly look before you make a post your not an unique snowflake others have asked this for months
    But a prepared player can do it in less then 20 hrs, but it requires a lot of prep. DL ring, Eng Port, 25 Dailies, knowledge of quest "which ones give the biggest benefits the fastest", the know how of every dungeon as you should do them all at least once because of the quest you get at he start of most of them, and 4 other ppl who also know them so you won't wipe and cause downtime.
    DL ring? Dalaran ring? Why would you want that?
    Beta Club Brosquad

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is it faster to spam the dungeons or to quest? My guild wants me in a premade 5 man spam but idk cuz im looking for server first

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    DL ring? Dalaran ring? Why would you want that?
    Only thing I could come up with was to teleport to Dal and use the portal to get to Uldum faster.

Guildies who have been on beta estimated 80->85 will take them 10-12 hours... having beta experience definitely helps. Personally I'm hoping to ding 85 on tuesday evening.
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xalviar View Post
    ive heard it will be longer than 70-80
    It won't. 70-80 took ages. 80-85 will be 11hours-13hours for fast players and 16hours-20hours for average players.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawrdok View Post
    Only thing I could come up with was to teleport to Dal and use the portal to get to Uldum faster.
    I'm pretty sure there will be an Uldum port or some other sort of transportation there from SW and Org.

---------- Post added 2010-12-06 at 12:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Guildies who have been on beta estimated 80->85 will take them 10-12 hours... having beta experience definitely helps. Personally I'm hoping to ding 85 on tuesday evening.
    I have beta experience and there's no way that 80 to 85 is done in 12 hours. I guess a lot of beta testers missed the memo about ramped up experience while testing.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    I'm pretty sure there will be an Uldum port or some other sort of transportation there from SW and Org.

---------- Post added 2010-12-06 at 12:25 AM ----------

I have beta experience and there's no way that 80 to 85 is done in 12 hours. I guess a lot of beta testers missed the memo about ramped up experience while testing.
    Then I have no idea why he said people would want it =P