Page 1 of 2
LastLast

10m vs 25m Differences?

Hey guys, I've been searching this for awhile to no avail. Maybe I just suck at using Search / Google, if so, link me please

Anyway, my guild is trying to decide whether to keep being a 10m guild, or grow into a 25m guild for Cata. Members apparently have heard all sorts of different things, but the main things we keep hearing are that 25m raids will give more Valor points per boss and will also give Tier Tokens. I mostly want to know if this is true or if absolutely everything that drops in 25m also drops in 10m, except... less (5? pieces in 25m vs 2 pieces in 10m). All I know for certain is the regular loot is going to be the same.

So basically... is there an advantage to running 25m over 10m? Besides personal preference.

If anyone can clear this up for me, that'd be great. Thanks

25m = more loot per person
    10m = less problems organizing the raid

if it's 2 pieces in 10m (0.2 loot per person) it would be 6 pieces in 25m (0.24 loot per person).

Also 10m and 25m share the same loot table and iirc both offer the same valor points.

Not to mention, with loot tables being shared, you have a much better chance of a boss dropping 'that one damn item' in 25 man than you do in 10.

25 man yields more valor points

edit after searching its 75 for 10man 105 for 25man

Quote Originally Posted by konaman View Post
    25 man yields more valor points

edit after searching its 75 for 10man 105 for 25man
    Yeah, I stand corrected -> http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...Points-Rewards

Ahh okay. So really the main difference loot-wise is that you'll get a bit more Valor points per boss in 25m. That's what I figured, but couldn't verify it elsewhere. Thanks!

I guess we're going in the 25m direction, which honestly doesn't make me too happy, but whatever. I'm happy I get to raid at least.

At Blizzcon someone asked this at a panel and the devs responded with 25 man giving more valor points now being more specific than the previously stated "more loot" which everyone took as more loot per person. Basically the only difference is having to do randoms to cap your weekly valor points in ten man and only having to raid 25 man to cap them provided you clear everything. So at first 25 mans might give a little more loot technically through the points before everything is being fully cleared but once that happens it just saves time.

what is the valor point cap per week?

Quote Originally Posted by konaman View Post
    what is the valor point cap per week?
    Lets see.

7 dailies in a week = 525
    All 25 man bosses = 1470 (7 BRD, 1 Grim Batol, 2 TotFW, 4 BoT)
    Total = 1995
    Last edited by Shuckless; 2010-12-06 at 04:59 AM.

o the way aarnor had it worded i though there was a physical cap on valor points

The total points for killing all bosses in the first raid tier on 25 man gives 1470 so that's probably the weekly cap but I'm not positive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuckless View Post
    Lets see.

7 dailies in a week = 525
    All 25 man bosses = 1470
    Total = 1995
    Im not sure this is true, I have heard from many ppl that you do not have to do dailies to reach the cap. That the cap be reached solely by raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Davoo2080 View Post
    Im not sure this is true, I have heard from many ppl that you do not have to do dailies to reach the cap. That the cap be reached solely by raiding.
    Well, each daily heroic dungeon gives 75 Valor Points, so it is definitely something you do NOT want to miss up the first 3-4 weeks of raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Davoo2080 View Post
    This is true, you can reach the weekly cap by clearing all the current raids on 25 man if you do not then daily randoms are required to reach the weekly cap. In other words 25=no dailies to cap and 10=some dailies to cap.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have never once seen anywhere posted that there exists an actual cap on points per week. I read a LOT of posts from people referring to this cap, but no evidence that it exists. I would love to see the evidence and hear what the actual value is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

Deleted
    I guess the weekly cap would be 1470 then Shuckless' math i correct.

That means it woould take around 2 -3 weeks to get a whole new tier gear set for shammy enhance if they still count the same like JP?

Quote Originally Posted by wondercorn View Post
    That means it woould take around 2 -3 weeks to get a whole new tier gear set for shammy enhance if they still count the same like JP?
    Assuming you get the tier tokens you want, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiyld View Post
    I have never once seen anywhere posted that there exists an actual cap on points per week. I read a LOT of posts from people referring to this cap, but no evidence that it exists. I would love to see the evidence and hear what the actual value is.
    I believe when you moused over the valor points in your currency tab on beta it gave you a weekly cap amount much like how you can see currently with the conquest points. This thread has a link to a blue post about it on the old forums but because of the new site changes the link is broken for me at least.

Edit:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...t=valor+points the blue post on this page mentions a weekly cap for valor and conquest points just not a number value for them.
    Last edited by Aarnor; 2010-12-06 at 05:52 AM.

While there's no difference in loot per player on normal mode, on heroic mode 25-man got 7 items on beta, while 10 man heroic mode only got 2 items.