Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

How much did you stack up for your allnighter(s)?

So i'm going to the store tomorrow to buy myself endless chips and dip. And ofcourse some Red Bull.

How much have you guys bought or are planning to buy to get yourself through the 80-85 grind ;-)?

Some fruit and 4 relentless energy drinks.. Should last me 16 hours
    Quote Originally Posted by Junlee View Post
    You can't even post in the proper forum. If Blizzard employees functioned as you do, your character would queue up for a BG and end up in Molten Core.

~10 or so energy drinks, lots of coke, but also alot of "good" stuff such as orange juice and various fruits.

I bought 2 extra large bottles of water and a TON of fruit so that I don't get tempted to eat unhealthy garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatowlkinidiot View Post
    I bought 2 extra large bottles of water and a TON of fruit so that I don't get tempted to eat unhealthy garbage.
    Gz, you're going to die in a healthy body.

Light food is the way to go. And throw those energy drinks out the window. Water should be your only drink if you're planning on pulling all nighters. Energy drinks and coffee give you a short boost but drain your body and end up making you more tired in the long run. As does tough to digest food. Fruit + water is the best. And only when you're feeling pretty damn tired, roughly 40-48 hours in should you drink a coffee/tee or other to get you going at least another 10 hours.

the one thing you do not want to do is load up on junk food. sugar crashes and carb crashes are very bad for extended gaming sessions. also remember the 5/2/1 rule. 5 hour sleep, 2 meals and 1 shower per day.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    It does no one any good to make GhostCrawler the scapegoat for all design decisions you disapprove of. Not how reality works.
    https://twitter.com/CM_Zarhym/status/275712376840531968

Quote Originally Posted by CaspianRoach View Post
    Gz, you're going to die in a healthy body.
    Gz, you're going to die in a fat, unhealthy body, 30-40 years before mine even starts to give up.

i plan on taking my time because i have waited over a year for new content and im going to fucking enjoy not standing around in a god damn city. i am in NO rush to level.

I can't pull an allnighter because it goes live at 3am my time and I have to be on the way to work by 7
    Beta Club Brosquad

Nothing, but I'm making spinach artichoke dip and beer bread tomorrow, gonna pick up a 2 liter of dr pepper, some healthy snack foods, in addition to some foods that will give me a massive sugar rush

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzinjoe View Post
    And throw those energy drinks out the window. Water should be your only drink if you're planning on pulling all nighters.
    actually thats not really true. enhanced drinks like gatorade or red bull are better than water. you should drink water, but not Only water.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    It does no one any good to make GhostCrawler the scapegoat for all design decisions you disapprove of. Not how reality works.
    https://twitter.com/CM_Zarhym/status/275712376840531968

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodninja View Post
    i plan on taking my time because i have waited over a year for new content and im going to fucking enjoy not standing around in a god damn city. i am in NO rush to level.
    Same here, I will be slowly, but not too slowly, taking my first 80 to 85, as well as leveling a Goblin whatever, as well as leveling a char with a friend that is starting to play again. I just leveled another char from 1-70 and am quite upset that the experience jumps in dungeons were basically skipping zones at a time, so I'm more excited to get to actually see the new content this time.

Red Bull is better than water?
    MiRaClEs

Deleted
    I haven't bought anything yet, but I will do it when I wake up. It's about 4.30am here and I'm about to hit the sack, so I can be really prepared for a loooooooong night :-D

I'm aiming for a single 2-litre bottle of soda, rest will be water. Lots of carrots and apples, some meatballs, some chocolate, some chips and a LOT of chewing gum. I'm going the part healthy, part geek route with this! And I'm expecting to reach Deepholm before logging off again. I'll be going for as long as I can, but I am in no way hoping to get a Server First of any kind. As long as I am the first in the guild to ding 85, I'll be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirreludecker View Post
    actually thats not really true. enhanced drinks like gatorade or red bull are better than water. you should drink water, but not Only water.
    You heard it here, folks! Red Bull is better than water!
    OT: I replaced the filter on my water purifier, got a bunch of caffeinated Crystal Light, plenty of fruits (high fiber and natural sugars), and some lean chicken. I'll be the healthy nerd that sits up all night and kills my body due to lack of sleep. >_>;

Deleted
    Water, soda, sanwitches, pizzaes, chips, candy, juices, icetea, cofee, fruits, tea, redbull.

Is what we stocked up on so far we are 11 people gooing to live togeather for a week and a half.

I live near McDonalds so I'll probably buy 5 meals and move the microwave next to my computer. I have a few bottles around so I won't have to get up for a few days.

What is the point of pulling an all nighter?

I took off Tuesday and Wednesday from work. I am also working from home on Thursday.

I am going to sleep EARLY Monday night, and then waking up early on Tuesday to play before midnight. Rinse and repeat.

My Cataclysm preparation includes almonds, fruit, sandwiches (PB & Honey most likely, on whole grain bread), some whole grain pasta, lots of water and plenty of sleep during Monday. I will be playing a LOT to hit 85 on my first toon real fast. I am somewhat racing but not going for server first. I will definitely make guild first though. :P

I will level subsequent characters much more slowly to enjoy the content, including my goblin warrior