1. #1

    Cataclysm digital upgrade

    So I tried to upgrade my account with digital upgrading a few hours ago first it was saying there were errors with what I had written and then suddenly the process went though but it seemed to me like it hadn't.

    I ask other people who had done the digital upgrade and they said that on their battle net account it said their account was under the name World of Warcraft®: Cataclysm where as mine says World of Warcraft®: Wrath of the Lich King still.

    I was told that it was an instant change for them but mine remains the same under World of Warcraft®: Wrath of the Lich King. So have I not digitally upgraded my account or am I being trolled?

    please help me since cata is out within the next 24 hours.

  2. #2
    Bloodsail Admiral Neyze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,009
    Uhhh, wait, what?

  3. #3
    Super Moderator Elysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Baylife
    Posts
    9,900
    Mine is, indeed, listed as World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. I would check your banking account to see if the charge went through or not, and if not, just try and purchase it again. If it did charge and nothing changed.. then I don't know. Have you tried logging into game since you bought it?

  4. #4
    blizz is trollin you hard....
    No world! You put YOUR hands up!

  5. #5
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Carolina Country
    Posts
    906
    When I look on my main account page, it doesn't look different. I have to specifically click on my actual wow account (not the PTR) and look at that page where it then shows the cataclysm box. That is the page where it lists your subscription type etc.
    Quote from: Thallidomaniac on March 28, 2010, 05:56:24 am
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.

  6. #6
    Mechagnome Miles Tails Prower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Station Square
    Posts
    745
    Given the various posts here on the forums, it seems there's a bit of hammering going on with regards to the Battle.net Store. It's most likely there's a backlog of orders and it's bogging down the system. I know there was similar problems with the release of the Celestial Steed.

    Your account should read Cataclysm (Upgrade Successful) Or something along those lines if it was successful. If it isn't updated by tomorrow morning, I'd contact Blizzard.

  7. #7
    Mine says Cataclysm too... good luck with yours.

  8. #8
    Wait on this note, since the digital upgrade is quite a bit cheeper than the actually box, which one is realisticly better? since the box has sentimental value as a collectors item.

  9. #9
    Mechagnome Miles Tails Prower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Station Square
    Posts
    745
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    Wait on this note, since the digital upgrade is quite a bit cheeper than the actually box, which one is realisticly better? since the box has sentimental value as a collectors item.
    In all honesty, if you are just looking to play the game, I suggest the digital upgrade, and when Cataclysm is cheaper, you can buy the box later as sort of a token. That's what I plan to do!

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysia View Post
    Mine is, indeed, listed as World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. I would check your banking account to see if the charge went through or not, and if not, just try and purchase it again. If it did charge and nothing changed.. then I don't know. Have you tried logging into game since you bought it?
    yes I've logged in like 4 times since I've brought it to check I did it a few hours ago and even went as far as trying it again but it still hasn't changed I'm not going to keep ordering it because I don't want it to end up charging me multiple times but It's been about 4 - 5 hours I've been waiting for it to update now.

  11. #11
    My account says Cataclysm as well. I purchased the digital download a week ago Monday.

    And BTW, the box version is exactly the same price as the digital download. The only version that's more expensive is the collector's edition box version. Pay no attention to anyone who says the digital is cheaper than the regular box.

  12. #12
    Mechagnome Miles Tails Prower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Station Square
    Posts
    745
    Quote Originally Posted by Knyx View Post
    My account says Cataclysm as well. I purchased the digital download a week ago Monday.

    And BTW, the box version is exactly the same price as the digital download. The only version that's more expensive is the collector's edition box version. Pay no attention to anyone who says the digital is cheaper than the regular box.
    I think he means cheaper with regards to taxes. Also, it may be cheaper depending on Blizzard's currency conversion rates. *shrug*.

    EDIT: To clarify, and avoid people raising the question, as I feel it may be raised later. Some states, etc do not charge taxes on Internet goods. The result is a cheaper item, if people take this into consideration.
    Last edited by Miles Tails Prower; 2010-12-06 at 04:44 AM.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles Tails Prower View Post
    I think he means cheaper with regards to taxes. Also, it may be cheaper depending on Blizzard's currency conversion rates. *shrug*.

    EDIT: To clarify, and avoid people raising the question, as I feel it may be raised later. Some states, etc do not charge taxes on Internet goods. The result is a cheaper item, if people take this into consideration.
    That's true. Taxes could be a factor and save you a couple bucks. I didn't think about that. I just want to get into Hyjal already :P

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •