trouble with digital download

I've just purchased the digital download for cataclysm, but the issue is that I can't tell whether or not it is downloading, my account is flagged and everything, but it doesnt appear to be downloading. I've already opened WoW, logged in, hopped on a character and it didn't say that it was presently downloading anything. Then i opened the launcher and it wasn't downloading anything either. what might my problem be?

You already have it installed, most likely. I think most everyone does. It just has to wait to be activated on the 7th.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

How am I going to get my preorder... is this 'Automated Wait List' going to get any smaller, or will I not get Cata in time

15+ Year Old Account
    if u go under your wow data folder you can find a file called "expansion3.mpq" i had the same problem as you but found this file meaning that you have cataclysm.

The system is rather dodgey as for telling you how far it is but try and check, else open the launcher without haveing the game open and it will start downloading.