Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Orc or Goblin which one is better for hunter?

Hi.I am thinking about change my orc hunter to goblin hunter.What You think about that change?Goblin will have +1 haste which now is very important for hunters , but i do not know if it is better then Blood Fury + 5% more dmg from pet.What do You think?Thanks for help.

Goblin is supposedly the best choice for PvP. Orc is looking the best for PvE. Depends on what you want to do. Keep in mind we do suck in PvP ATM though.

Quote Originally Posted by Exhorder View Post
    Goblin is supposedly the best choice for PvP. Orc is looking the best for PvE. Depends on what you want to do. Keep in mind we do suck in PvP ATM though.
    Goblin will definitely be the best choice for PvP, no 'supposedly' about it. That rocket jump is ANOTHER disengage, keeps distance between you and your target which is the oh so essential part for hunters in pvp/arenas.

PvE I was looking at racials recently and they all look really close.

The reason Orcs have always pulled away from other races is not solely because of the pet damage or blood fury but because the BiS ranged weapon tends to be an x-bow, which renders the 1% crit for Trolls useless. However when a bow is BiS, troll's usually ran away with it. Thing is they have that haste increase racial as well which is a 20% increase I think with a 3 minute cooldown? im too lazy to look it up.

Either way, that equates to less haste over 3 minutes than the 1% you get from goblins but trolls can pop that with their trinkets and shit so idk.

Overall, best races for hunters in pve will probably go something like:

Orc
    Troll
    Worgen
    Goblin
    Dwarf
    Dreanai (however you spell it)
    The rest (im not listing it all the way down)

At least that's what I expect in my amateur opinion.
    Last edited by Sherbet; 2010-12-06 at 08:42 AM.

Orc
    Worgen/Goblin
    Troll/Draenei
    Dwarf
    Nelf
    Human
    Undead
    Belf
    Tauren
    SUPPORT W.O.L.F.! (WORGEN-OPTIONS LIBERATION FRONT)

Orc 4 life!

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    troll powaaaaa

10+ Year Old Account
    If you only care about getting whatever is the best racial, stay Orc. If you don't care, take whatever race you want.
    Then he fapped to his own pseudo-intellectualism and no one ever loved him. Ever.

The End

Deleted
    I disagree about gobling being the better pvp race than orc.
    5% increased pet damage + ap racial and stun duration reduce is really nice for a BM pvp hunter. For me it goes over 1 extra disengage every 2 min and 1% more haste. In pvp i perfer to do more damage. I agree that goblins look cool racials are nice. Maybe goblin is better for MM or Survival hunter.

PVE: Orc > Troll > Goblin > Blood Elf > Undead = Tauren
    PVP: Undead > Goblin = Orc > Blood Elf = Troll = Tauren

You can't really go wrong with Orc, or Goblin. Orcs have better animations in general.

For pure PVE it looks like this: Troll w/ Bow > Orc > Troll > Goblin

Orc is better all-around as you never know when a bow will be the top weapon of a tier and the DPS gap between Troll w/ Bow and Orc is so low that using a slightly worse weapon so that you're using a bow makes Orc better. It's only when the top weapon you can get is a bow that Troll comes out ahead.

id say stick with orc

I miss my tusks

My tail is cool and all, but before I got kidnapped, ported to another realm, and turned into a space-goat, I had really shiny tusks!

WTB guild transfer to Horde.

Undead FTW.

I might go Goblin.

Deleted
    The troll racials must the be best for a hunter, 20% increased speed for 10 sec and the 1% critt with bows.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by harky View Post
    PVE: Orc > Troll > Goblin > Blood Elf > Undead = Tauren
    PVP: Undead > Goblin = Orc > Blood Elf = Troll = Tauren

You can't really go wrong with Orc, or Goblin. Orcs have better animations in general.

For pure PVE it looks like this: Troll w/ Bow > Orc > Troll > Goblin

Orc is better all-around as you never know when a bow will be the top weapon of a tier and the DPS gap between Troll w/ Bow and Orc is so low that using a slightly worse weapon so that you're using a bow makes Orc better. It's only when the top weapon you can get is a bow that Troll comes out ahead.
    I agree totally with everything you said - except the pvp racials. I do not understand why you put Undead at the top?

To me the Undead racial seems by far the weakest racial now. It shares an identical cooldown (2m) with the bog standard pvp trinket and on top of that does not remove snares or incapacitates making it intrisically worse than the trinket. The anti-snare ability of hunters, Master's Call, requires a pet and has a 1 minute CD. Given how often and easily all classes can snare now the pvp trinket is a lot more useful. The very reason why gnomes are considered one of if not in general the best pvp racial due to its low-CD anti-snare is the very reason why you cannot ignore pvp trinkets and just think you can get by in most situations on just WotF.

Also, Fear lasts a relatively short time now, breaks on pitiful damage (certainly its impossible to be killed from full health during one Fear cast against equally geared) and suffers strongly from diminishing returns. The majority of situations, especially with healthpools, incoming damage and changes to Fear in Cata, you can safely eat a Fear especially if you're not doing primarily arena with specific comp concerns.

While I'm unable to find up-to-date racial information from Elitistjerks, this is what I would imagine it would state for mini-maxing pvp hunter racials:

1. Goblin (second disengange/blink+haste)
    2. Orc (dps trinket+pet+stun resist)
    3. Troll (insane haste trinket - shame its on 3m CD)
    4. Tauren (aoe stun for escape and extra damage or healing ticks). Stuns work against melee and casters.
    5. Belf (awesome aoe interrupt+silence, but more useful for melee due to its 8yard range - not often you will be getting face-humped or want to face hump a caster as a hunter. Melee use instants and have several "physical"/unsilencable abilities not even including white attacks)
    6. Undead (a redundant, sub-par trinket on shared CD with something much better when you actually need it).

Imo, for both pve and pvp, undead are just for looks (which are the best in the game) unless the racials change.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2010-12-06 at 08:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blood Fury becomes not so great pretty quickly; however Command, which is the +5% damage to pets, can be significant for hunters, and VERY significant for BM.

Berserking, the troll racial, is good and also scales, but it's 20% for 15 seconds every 3 minutes. This means that for 2 minutes 45 seconds, you effectively have the racials of a Tauren (none).

Goblins have 1% constant haste as well as a few other things (rockets!), and I think they look way better than trolls.

Tauren and Undead have literally 0 hunter-benefiting racials. Belfs have Arcane Torrent which is 15 Focus every 2 minutes.
    "WoW is a game about upgrading your stuff." - Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    anachronistic hypocrites
    Oh noes! We're time traveling hypocrites!

Goblin hunter engineer. Double disengage, double glove rockets, rocket belt, parachute.
    Congratulations, your mind has been expanded.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chelate View Post
    Blood Fury becomes not so great pretty quickly; however Command, which is the +5% damage to pets, can be significant for hunters, and VERY significant for BM.

Berserking, the troll racial, is good and also scales, but it's 20% for 15 seconds every 3 minutes. This means that for 2 minutes 45 seconds, you effectively have the racials of a Tauren (none).

Goblins have 1% constant haste as well as a few other things (rockets!), and I think they look way better than trolls.

Tauren and Undead have literally 0 hunter-benefiting racials. Belfs have Arcane Torrent which is 15 Focus every 2 minutes.
    Are you forgetting the increased crit chance with every ranged shot while using Bows for Trolls? I think you'll find this is the reason why Trolls have an edge over Goblins in min-maxing in PvE. Look at it this way,

Time Is Money (1% haste) vs Bow Specialization (1% crit). Even if the value of crit is lower at 85 and beyond, trolls also get the a trinket almost as good as Orc's Bloodfury on top (in WotLK) and better than Bloodfury at 85 because it scales with gear and haste is more useful for hunters now than it used to be.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2010-12-06 at 09:19 PM.

Goblins coz they're small like gnomes ..... size does make a difference

Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    To me the Undead racial seems by far the weakest racial now. It shares an identical cooldown (2m) with the bog standard pvp trinket and on top of that does not remove snares or incapacitates making it intrisically worse than the trinket. The anti-snare ability of hunters, Master's Call, requires a pet and has a 1 minute CD. Given how often and easily all classes can snare now the pvp trinket is a lot more useful. The very reason why gnomes are considered one of if not in general the best pvp racial due to its low-CD anti-snare is the very reason why you cannot ignore pvp trinkets and just think you can get by in most situations on just WotF.
    You're thinking of the Human racial, not the Undead racial. The Undead racial only shares a 30 second cooldown with trinkets. You may also be underestimating how good Fears are at 85 with lower incoming damage and higher overall health pools. Your health pool determines how much you can take while feared and with the more prolonged feel of PVP at 85 you're not going to enjoy being feared. It's not like 80 where two DoT ticks will instantly break the fear. You're going to be eating the full duration quite a bit, even with light incoming damage.