Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Roll a mage.
    SUPPORT W.O.L.F.! (WORGEN-OPTIONS LIBERATION FRONT)

The portals were put in to help prevent overcrowding in Shatt/Dal and to keep Old World cities useful, not to make it easier for you to travel. They are no longer needed and have thus been removed.

edit:

Quote Originally Posted by roadkill00x View Post
    removing portals will not change the way players conduct business and no matter how much the blizzard fanboys deluded themselves into thinking even without them the players will still hang out in shatt or dalaran so in the end what did they accomplish? NOTHING AT ALL and the sooner the fanboys wake up and realise the truth the quicker the game will get back on track the only ones that will profit from this change are mages last time i checked this was "World of Warcraft" not "World of waiting 10 min for a boat just to go see old world content"
    People hung out in Shatt/Dal because they were close to relevant content. Org will be closest to relevant content soon, so people will hang out there.
    Last edited by Notos; 2010-12-06 at 08:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Won't be much of an issue when we can fly around happy I guess
    Current goals ingame:
    100 Mounts: Done Over 9000 Achievement points: Done
    All raiding glories:4/6
    40 Exalted reputations:Done
    Achievement whore since: June 2010!

I am going to enjoy have no portals. I actually enjoy using a flight master to get to a place unlike a lot of these spoiled TBC / Wrath people.
    I'm a random windstorm, shakey! shakey!

removing portals will not change the way players conduct business and no matter how much the blizzard fanboys deluded themselves into thinking even without them the players will still hang out in shatt or dalaran so in the end what did they accomplish? NOTHING AT ALL and the sooner the fanboys wake up and realise the truth the quicker the game will get back on track the only ones that will profit from this change are mages last time i checked this was "World of Warcraft" not "World of waiting 10 min for a boat just to go see old world content"
    Someone didnt take their meds... I suppose blizzard wants to eat our brains too.

They removed the portals so people wont be using them as major hubs, it's out dated content. No one will go there. No one went to Shatt when wrath came out.

you dont like portals dont use them thats your choice but to those that do blizz had no right to remove them since despite their reasons they still were a highly useful part of the game

hey guys, I miss being given a lazy way out, ...too bad. Welcome to pre-bc days.

15+ Year Old Account
    Stormwind is just an amazing looking city now, has a new bank & AH in the dwarven district so you can get away from the crowds if you want to, and easy access to portals to the new zones - why would you want to hang around anywhere else (if you're Alliance)?

10+ Year Old Account
    ok so your going to sit in dal while everyone else is at the 81+ areas, dal is meant for lvl 80s thats it, once cata comes out dal will be cleaned out
    KHANNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

last time i checked this was "World of Warcraft" not "World of waiting 10 min for a boat just to go see old world content"
    Last time I checked, wanting to go and see old world content counted as exploring. Last time I checked, this was an achievement. Last time I checked, explorers used legs not helicopters.

This is 'WORLD of Warcraft' not 'Room full of portals of Warcraft'

you dont like portals dont use them thats your choice but to those that do blizz had no right to remove them since despite their reasons they still were a highly useful part of the game
    Newsflash: Portals didn't get removed from the game. Roll a mage or buy a portal. Problem solved.

Deleted
    Why would anyone hang around in Dalaran after the cataclysm?

They killed dalaran by removing the portals, and im glad they did

Couldn't even read that, learn to write proper sentences with capitals, dots, some space etc to make it readable.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why would they hang out in Shattrath or Dalaran when neither cities have portals to the zones in which the new raids are going to be?

.....blizz had no right to remove them....
    I'm sorry to say but blizz has every right. They do not even need a reason. If they wanted to remove portals because they liked the taste of pink, that is a good enough reason for you and anyone else. Stop being a cry baby and adapt like everyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    2) petition threads are fail
    3) this is not the official wow forum, noone will care
    4) post it on the official forum, and enjoy your ban/lock
    5) use punctuation and line breaks
    6) qq = fail
    Agree!
    I Like that they removed the portals from Dalaran and Shart. It gives back the feeling of a huge world, and come on! If you complain about you need to use 5 mins to travel from one part of old content, where there are no reason what so ever you should be staying now!, to new content/ redone major city, then you are... how to say it... stupid... enough to keep characters there.
    Those changes was made to remove the need of going back to home cities to train skills, so they would function more like the hub for that part of the content.
    And one of the main reasons they did all of this work with Orgrimmar and Stromwind was to resurrect them as the capitals of either the Horde or The Alliance. So making it the most favoured place to be bound to, as end level was the goal.

And as said several times above, you get flying mount! in old world and everything you need are like, inside the city! How much easier do you want it?

Signature by Elysia
    "When there is no peril in the fight, there is no glory in the triumph."

You fail to see the reasoning behind the change. You have nice shiny new cities to visit, it would be a shame if everyone just sat in Dalaran complaining of lag and FPS issues because a portal hub is more convienient. This is a good change, you'll adapt. Not sure why people complain at having to do the remotest bit of effort in this game.

It's really not that big a deal not having portals, oh no you have to walk a bit and ride ships! So tough! Maybe Blizzard wants you to actually see the game that they made?

10+ Year Old Account
    TL;DR
    OP is a whiner

Dalaran being deserted wont be caused by the lack of portals its ghost time status will be due to the fact that players dont want to spend 10-15 min flying there and back. cause blizzard removed the fastest method to get there in their attempt to force players into leaving.last i heard we were paying them to play here and yet if we make an opinion known on something that was a boneheaded move all they do is lock the thread on it and delete them out rather than admit fault in their thinking.Blizzard knows the portal removal was a stupid idea but so what they already got our $$ so why bother fixing the mistake they caused