Leveling to 85 on an unbalanced realm...

So, on my server I'm Alliance, and we're currently outnumbered by horde practically 10 to 1.

I'm trying to work out how seperate the Alliance and Horde quests are or if I should try and stick to dungeons.

Do you think it's even worth me logging on in the first week or so or will I just be ganked permanantly throughout the entire starting zones?

dungeons are your best bet.

10+ Year Old Account
    None of the quests in Hyjal are faction-specific. Vashj'ir starts off separate then both factions end up in the same spots. Deepholm and Uldum are all the same quests for both factions. I don't think you'll find much faction separation until Twilight Highlands, really.

Deleted
    Im sure you will get about 25% of the horde trying to get ahead of everyone elce and try questing were primarily the allience would having said that yes you will get ganked but it wont be too bad im sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hyjal, deepholme and uldum are mostly the same quests since you get them from neutral factions. Vashjir too has same quests at the start of it, not sure about rest in there since i found the zone boring on Beta. twilight highlands you atleast have separate camps for questing but objectives are mostly close-by.

Deleted
    Transfer?

Who knows maybe you'll get lucky and the NPCs will wreck havoc on anyone doing world PVP like in Moonglade.

I think I'm going to level my Rogue first, just because of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nremron View Post
    Transfer?
    And make the server even more imbalanced?

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you on Cho'gall?!

Assuming its a PvP server dungeon grind till 81-83 then level questing and slaughter people a level or two below you

15+ Year Old Account
    Sucks to be you lol, but yea u should do dungeons or something till a lvl where you wont be smashed down by high levels.

Deleted
    Sounds like you could be on my realm, im going to have a pain when if i lvl my ally chars.

Find 4 friends and level as a party. Or get used to LFG ques.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharissa View Post
    And make the server even more imbalanced?
    It's his choice, he can't do anything to make the realm more balanced... I doubt he knows a couple of thousand people who would be willing to transfer.

Deleted
    One thing is sure.. If you play on the same server as me and i see you, i will do whatever is in my power to kill you. Same goes for any other alliance

If you dont like this... Go play on a pve realm

Deleted
    Faction change, level, faction change back.

Quote Originally Posted by Nremron View Post
    Transfer?
    ^This

Deleted
    l2p on pvp realm ? o.O tbh it was your choice on which realm u will play so bear with it

Quote Originally Posted by Fhaerris View Post
    l2p on pvp realm ? o.O tbh it was your choice on which realm u will play so bear with it
    Since you're full of brilliant answers maybe you should teach him. How exactly should he play against 10:1 odds?

OP: Props for playing the undermanned side on a pvp server. I couldn't/wouldn't do it. Blizz needs to fix the balance issues, especially on the pvp servers. Forced transfers anyone? The QQ'ers would threaten to quit, but that's just more noise.

Quote Originally Posted by jarnann View Post
    Since you're full of brilliant answers maybe you should teach him. How exactly should he play against 10:1 odds?

OP: Props for playing the undermanned side on a pvp server. I couldn't/wouldn't do it. Blizz needs to fix the balance issues, especially on the pvp servers. Forced transfers anyone? The QQ'ers would threaten to quit, but that's just more noise.
    Ta. To be honest, we hold up quite well as the horde are far too complacent and we used to win WG a lot even before the patch. the Horde were so plentiful they never thought to use actual tactics. I'm a rogue so am an expert in running and hiding like a wimp, I just think trying to hand in quests to the same questgivers with masses and masses of horde next to them is going to be more trouble than it's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Fhaerris View Post
    tbh it was your choice on which realm u will play so bear with it
    It was actually near enough equal when I started playing in Vanilla, but as soon as the odds start swaying one way u get mass transfer out of a realm because people are worried about a little PVP. There are more and more realms with even greater disparities between factions than ours. It does impede gameplay sometimes but imo I think Blizzard needs to work at merging realms as I think its unfair for them to expect everyone to pay to move servers just to experience the same game as everyone else.
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2010-12-06 at 10:28 AM.