10+ Year Old Account

Faction changing

So guys, im wanting to go from a human pally to tauren paladin on my main, but the thing is ,im quite aprehensive, ive got 30 odd factions at exalted, and 101 mounts and tons of titles

does anyone have any idea what ill lose if i faction change? i messaged a Gm and they didnt know

much appreciated

You'll get the horde equvilent of all of that.
    "My name is Ozymandias, "I can't always get what I want? We'll see about that."
    king of kings;
    Look upon my works ye mighty,
    and despair!"

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz has a faction change FAQ at http://us.blizzard.com/support/artic...n_US&tag=FCFAQ

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protozoa7 View Post
    ^ This ^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protozoa7 View Post
    i went to the Eu version and it seems the US does exactly the same
    it says " click here to see a list of faction specific items"
    then it links to something completely diffrent

Deleted
    I've faction-changed a couple of characters.
    The only big thing I've noticed is that the argent tournament gets "reset".. ie you don't lose the rep, but you will have to "champion" all the different citys again if you want to do the dailies..
    Also a few of the quest chains in icecrown gets reset.. shadow-vault for instance..

You shouldn't lose any rep or mounts tho from what I've noticed myself.

hope that helps

OK, i've faction changed many chars.... first thing, b4 4.0.3 i would say if your close to loremaster, get that first, but we are not. One main thing people don't know is the 5 titles you get from the tournament, the champion of <city> not only do they go away but all the tournament completion does as well... the main faction you with in dalaran also resets. i can't remember what they are called, but its part of the 4 needed for your factions side. But again the main thing is the tournament. If you don't want to lose all 5 titles and progress (you have to do it ALL again) then don't do it. If you call deal with that, have fun w/e you go.
    Last edited by medipaw; 2010-12-06 at 04:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    I've faction-changed a couple of characters.
    The only big thing I've noticed is that the argent tournament gets "reset".. ie you don't lose the rep, but you will have to "champion" all the different citys again if you want to do the dailies..
    Also a few of the quest chains in icecrown gets reset.. shadow-vault for instance..

You shouldn't lose any rep or mounts tho from what I've noticed myself.

hope that helps
    the major thing im worried about is losing my blue dragonhawk and my rep, i dont care much about argent tournament though aslong as i dont lose my titles

Deleted
    The blue one will most likely be turned into a red one.. since that is the horde version

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post
    the major thing im worried about is losing my blue dragonhawk and my rep, i dont care much about argent tournament though aslong as i dont lose my titles
    but you ill lose the titles Champion of <name of the city>, these titles are from argent tournament

the blue one is the 100 mount (mount) the red one on horde side is equivalent to the alliance argent hyppogryph (the 150 mark one)

Deleted
    Nah.. There is the argent dragonhawk which is the 150 mark one and then there is the red dragonhawk which is the horde version of the 100 mount one