Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Levva View Post
    Nope they are your files being patched. The game will run but it is likely to pause and wait whilst it applies updates to new areas you visit. ie: Cataclysm content. If you are not at World of Warcraft is up to date when you hit the play button expect pauses and delays in Cata zones.
    I just find it funny that it will start doing more non-critical updates even though I let it finish, close it, and then restart it 1 minute later

Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    I just find it funny that it will start doing more non-critical updates even though I let it finish, close it, and then restart it 1 minute later
    It will also apply non critical updates any time a cache file is not closed properly, the wtf files are incorrect, or the logs are not properly formatted. Check to make sure your config files are not set to read-only and that when you exit you actually exit the game (not shutting down the pc or using task manager to end the process).

This is ridiculous.

Deleted
    Fine, I'll post in this thread later...but I expect it's going to stay like this forever :/
    Is this the reason that I still get the loading bars above the characters in the character selection screen?

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    It will also apply non critical updates any time a cache file is not closed properly, the wtf files are incorrect, or the logs are not properly formatted. Check to make sure your config files are not set to read-only and that when you exit you actually exit the game (not shutting down the pc or using task manager to end the process).
    well, I do have some weird bug that keeps resetting my Auto Loot setting every time I log in, so I guess there's an explanation after all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Odinsbeard View Post
    Fine, I'll post in this thread later...but I expect it's going to stay like this forever :/
    Is this the reason that I still get the loading bars above the characters in the character selection screen?
    Yes and its the reason you'll get big white & blue sort of semi-transparent "ice blocks" barring you from entering areas until its finished applying patches for that area.

Deleted
    I haven't expierenced that so far as I've only been in starting areas and capital city's.

Just to make sure, it says it's 100% downloaded...the thing I'm concerned about is that in-game it still says 100% downloaded, I'd expect that to go away. Right now It's doing some wierd non crit updates that I just wish would finish :/

Edit: If this helps, I also get this wierd thing were I click on the 'Congrats you have gained a level' and it comes up in a random position to the left with a dark gradient underneath it...very strange[COLOR="red"]

---------- Post added 2010-12-06 at 05:28 PM ----------

Bump
    Last edited by mmocd42009da8d; 2010-12-06 at 05:28 PM.

I've found it does this when it doesn't connect to any peers and/or your ports are not setup correctly. Its WoW's version of a yellow dot on your torrents.

I know this because I keep getting this too. Then realized I had a new IP from my router and my old port forwards were no longer valid. Changed them and it went away. Now I do still get it from time to time and thats what leaves me to believe its just of those things that happens from time to time with torrents.