Page 3 of 91 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
13
53
... LastLast
  1. #41
    So would you say that talenting for Regrowth is actually still worth it? I personally probably won't talent into Nature's Grace regardless, but 60% crit chance extra sounds nice enough for a flash heal. I've been meaning to test out the Regrowth glyph as well, mainly because I bet no-one else has even looked at it!

    As for trees, I like the new Tauren tree, huge and imposing with lots of presence rather than some old worn out branch that looks like Abraham Simpson!

  2. #42
    Fluffy Kitten Myrrar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rapture
    Posts
    9,400
    Most people still spec into RG because when they do use it, they want it to do it's job. If you play correctly CC should be procing pretty often and RG should be used most of the time unless your tank is just getting stomped. The glyph is underwhelming mostly because the other options are better and the hot isn't that amazing to begin with.

    As for Nature's Bounty, again, if you are playing correctly you should be using SM every CD. Besides the fact that you do want the crit on RG, if you are filling with nourish like you are supposed to the CD on SM is amazing.

    If you are having such bad mana problems you need to take moonglow, don't skip a point into Revit. Take a point out somewhere else like Efllor.

  3. #43

    Pre-heroic gear questions for Resto

    Hi, this is my first time posting, however I have been lurking here for awhile. I am curious how good of gear will I need before attempting heroics as a resto? How much Mana will I need? I've been doing normals and haven't had a OOM problem yet, however I am reading this is a problem when you get into more difficult instances. Also does anyone have a link to a guide to getting good stuff pre-heroics so I can become ready for doing them? Thanks guys.

  4. #44
    Fluffy Kitten Myrrar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rapture
    Posts
    9,400
    I'm going to merge this with the guide topic since it's a good question. I'll add a gear list to it now.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    Most people still spec into RG because when they do use it, they want it to do it's job. If you play correctly CC should be procing pretty often and RG should be used most of the time unless your tank is just getting stomped. The glyph is underwhelming mostly because the other options are better and the hot isn't that amazing to begin with.
    The HoT is definitely nonsense, it's just an excuse to give us more than one spell to swiftmend. However, the "guaranteed" crit off regrowth casts is also a "guaranteed" hit from living seed, which is another huge bonus to this talent. Even if everyone is topped off, say, early on in a fight, when omen procs you can hit the tank with a regrowth, which will give him a living seed, which turns into a free health repair when he gets hit. One of my favorite talents, a must for anyone who uses regrowth with omen of clarity.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  6. #46
    Fluffy Kitten Myrrar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rapture
    Posts
    9,400
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    The HoT is definitely nonsense, it's just an excuse to give us more than one spell to swiftmend. However, the "guaranteed" crit off regrowth casts is also a "guaranteed" hit from living seed, which is another huge bonus to this talent. Even if everyone is topped off, say, early on in a fight, when omen procs you can hit the tank with a regrowth, which will give him a living seed, which turns into a free health repair when he gets hit. One of my favorite talents, a must for anyone who uses regrowth with omen of clarity.
    Yeah, I didn't even consider LS which is honestly a very nice free heal.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    Yeah, I didn't even consider LS which is honestly a very nice free heal.
    LS is probably my favorite reason to cast regrowth now =)
    Combined with the actual hit from regrowth, you can end up healing for as much as a normal healing touch in half the cast time with omen procs. *And* it gives you a chance to swiftmend if you need it.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  8. #48
    "[Helm of Reorigination] is a reward from the quest Doing It The Hard Way from Blackrock Caverns"

    I think you mean Halls of Origination?

  9. #49
    Very good point on the Living Seed, that just saved Regrowth for me!

  10. #50
    "[Oasis Bracers] are a BOP zone drop in Lost City of Tol'vir (H). There is a normal mode version [Oasis Bracers]"

    Has anyone actually seen these drop in heroic mode? Over all of the heroic dungeons I have run, I have never seen a heroic version of a zone BoP. In fact, all I have seen are the non-heroic versions dropping in heroic mode. Can anyone verify that these are in fact obtainable in game right now?

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by frostybeef View Post
    "[Oasis Bracers] are a BOP zone drop in Lost City of Tol'vir (H). There is a normal mode version [Oasis Bracers]"

    Has anyone actually seen these drop in heroic mode? Over all of the heroic dungeons I have run, I have never seen a heroic version of a zone BoP. In fact, all I have seen are the non-heroic versions dropping in heroic mode. Can anyone verify that these are in fact obtainable in game right now?
    On heroic, the same 333s drop, got them today. I wish there was another way, BRC is the only place to get 346 leather spell bracers of any kind.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  12. #52
    Scarab Lord AetherMcLoud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    My own private hell
    Posts
    4,156
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    On heroic, the same 333s drop, got them today. I wish there was another way, BRC is the only place to get 346 leather spell bracers of any kind.
    Yes this is strange, Wowhead shows heroic trashmobs dropping 346 version of the normal trashmob loot, but all trashmob drops I have seen in heroics were still 333. And there are some really nice trashmob drops, if they were 346...
    I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite signature on the forum.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    As for Nature's Bounty, again, if you are playing correctly you should be using SM every CD. Besides the fact that you do want the crit on RG, if you are filling with nourish like you are supposed to the CD on SM is amazing.
    How is it amazing? With my current haste rating Nourish is at ~2.2s and I have like 15% crit. SM has 15s CD so I can cast 6 Nourish or HT during its CD. With 15% crit chance 1 of those 6 heals is expected to be a crit, so I get a wopping 0.5s reduction on SM's CD. I can't see why it is totally amazing. Even if I had twice the crit rating the reduction would be still only 1sec.

    60% crit on RG is really cool but looking at my healing done percentages per spells I see Nourish, WG, Rejuv, HT and SM way above RG. Yesterday I didn't pop ToL once because I didn't need to (Though I didn't ran heroics). I used RG only like once a minute to get the 15s haste buff.

    I don't say that a more RG orientated build is wrong but leaving out Nature's Bounty and getting Moonglow instead works really nice with my playstyle. I guess everyone should experiment a bit, retalent a lot and find what suits for them. This is my 4-5th retalent and I'm sure there will be more as my gear upgrades because my rotation will change a bit I guess.

    edit: I've just read the comments on LS. I've been thinking about it a lot trying to figure out which is better Gift of the Earthmother or Nature's Bounty and I've come to the conclusion that 15% instant heal on Rejuv and +15% on Lifebloom's final bloom is better than a +60% chance to proc an LS.
    Last edited by Bjursta; 2010-12-17 at 09:27 AM.

  14. #54
    /sigh

    goodbye

    see you guys after the heroics r done

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjursta View Post
    stuff
    I definitely wouldn't drop GotEM for regrowth crit. Efflorescence, on the other hand, is largely trash in raid situations.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I definitely wouldn't drop GotEM for regrowth crit. Efflorescence, on the other hand, is largely trash in raid situations.
    I'll mostly do 5mans in the next couple of weeks so I've built my spec around it. Efflorescence was hit by the ner bat a bit too hard and I think it heals less than it should but since I use SM more often than RG anyways and usually go with 2 melees so it's nice to have it. It heals more than a crit Regrowth in total healing done and it's basicly mana and GCD free as I cast SM on a person who needs a big heal anyways.

    As I said, I will keep experimenting with different builds and I will probably try an Effless build as well but I have a feeling that I would miss it much more than I miss the almost guaranteed crit on Regrowth.

  17. #57
    Luckily, you can almost have both. As soon as my guild gets raiding I'm trading my ability to cleanse magic for 2/3 efflorescence. Depending on mana, it could be worth further sacrificing a point in furor or moonglow to cap out, although I reiterate the uselessness of efflorescence when your raid has to constantly move.

    For heroics, sure, I can see the use in some fights. Specs now will definitely be different from specs later.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  18. #58
    Yes, Nature's Cure can be skipped in raid environment but in 5mans you want to be able to dispell magic as noone else will do it for you and some of the magic debuffs ticks for a LOT.

    I agree, specs will change a lot and will depend on your gear, playstyle and groupsetup as well. But it's a good thing that we actually have a choice depending how we play.

  19. #59
    The second part of Nature's Bounty yes, is poor. 0.5 Sec for a critical HT/NS is un-noticable. I think it should be longer per crit or disregard the critical element entirely, make it like Empowered Touch.

    However the 60% crit chance (on top of the 10-15% most healers will have to my knowledge) has it's uses. Yes the HOT is rubbish and even the normal throughput isn't great, but it's practically a guaranteed Living Seed which helps more on DPS than it does on the tank because the tank is taking more hits than the raid so you may not have to worry about the seeded member for longer (i.e. it saves you the bother). Even if my spec didn't have to include a PVP element I'd be tempted to take Nature's Ward on a similar way of thinking. You say it's a PVP talent, but is it really that black and white? You will take damage just like everyone else so if you don't have to worry about your own health because of a FREE rejuvenation (remember that's like 5000 mana saved) at 50% health which isn't too crippling, then I say result!

    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#00bZcZMfzIdcruRuo

    Something like this for a PVE spec taking Nature's Ward and Nature's Bounty together.

    For those who think too much about Theorycrafting, perhaps they should factor the healing part from the Living Seed in assessing Regrowth's usefulness as a spell and see what comes out for curiosity.
    Last edited by farmergiles; 2010-12-17 at 12:17 PM.

  20. #60
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    149
    Dark Intent:
    wowhead.com/spell=80398

    Misses in the treecalcs also in the guide and this my dear fellow tree friends is of major impact to what we do.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •